What is your title?

THEQXD

I identify with being a Trophy Hunter. While not every Hunter is necessarily a Hardcore Gamer I would describe myself as one.  

These are my definitions of the various levels of the term "Gamer"

Causal Gamer:  < 5hrs or so a week, may or may not own a game console. Most gaming is done on mobile phones or in social networking websites. 

Gamer: 10+ hrs a week. Primarily plays PC/console games most likely over one or more generations.

Hardcore Gamer: 20+ hrs a week. Multiple consoles/Gaming spec PC's over one or more generations. Involved in gaming outside of actually playing games e.g. attending conventions/conferences, visits gaming websites for news, entertainment, forums and other media like magazines & gaming podcasts, gaming often takes priority over movies and TV. 

Trophy Hunter: Typically shares similar attitudes & tendencies as the Hardcore Gamer. In addition spends time for the purpose of obtaining trophies but is most interested in the gaming experience.   

Trophy Whore: Like the Trophy Hunter, most are likely Hardcore Gamer's, but with the added distinction of shamelessly playing any game with trophy support regardless of quality or target audience, i.e. Hanna Montana The Movie. Dignity and self-respect have taken a back seat in the never-ending quest to obtain the next Platinum Trophy.  ;)  

You forgot one.

I couldn't give a damn about going to E3 or the VGAs. Yet i do throw most of my day into playing my PS3. I'll play anything rare/hard. I have some games people would consider kid games. Yet ive been hunting for a while and my backlog can swallow others whole accounts and you need to take a break from the hard every now and then....

I choose to not be mixed in with the "Trophy Hunters" section due to the fact. I could give a flying fuck about a games plot. And i'm sure as hell confident in the fact that i don't play for fun.

But thats just my opinion, No reason to go spreading it around.

E:Forgot my title. Feel silly  :blush: I'd prefer to be called KJ.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

imaa grrrrll gamer teheee lulz hai boys <3<3

I'd probably consider myself just a regular gamer / appreciator of games. I enjoy completing games if I am enjoying the game itself, if not I won't bother, so I can't be considered a trophy whore.  However I am working to get my overall completion rate up... I have a ridiculous amount of games I haven't got round to playing yet, so I guess I'm somewhat of a collector.  I see things and I buy them, I have a lot of limited edition, steel cased games, merchandise like t-shirts, plushies, books etc. and an entire bedroom devoted to gaming posters. So yeah, not sure what I am.

:hmm: I'm just an average gamer maybe just a casual one. I quit collecting trophies & hunting Platinums last year due to lot of things i'm doing and need to balance my time. Though I collect a few stuffs on games mostly the ones that get my attention mostly the collector's edition but not all since Collector's Editions cost alot of money for me and need to address my priorities first; I only have a few. Maybe a casual/pending-games collector  :P

Edited by NightWing127

my brother calls me a "Trophy Wh_re" I'm not even considering those out there. I just like to be called a Completionist.

You may "strive" to be a completionist but your completion percentage tells another story completely. IMO, you would need a completion percentage > 85% or at the very least > 70% (as you can see, I'm eliminating myself as well here)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm a bit of an OCD trophy hunter that also plays games just for fun. (although, then the OCD part kiks in and I go for the plat)

Edit:

Just to clarify, I tend to only buy games if I think I'll enjoy them, but once they're on I can't help going for the trophies, whether I like the game or not.

Edited by Milswood

• 4 months later...