Final Fantasy XV Episode Ignis Trophies

Angel

The trophies for episode Ignis seem to be showing up on the PSN servers, they are as follow

• Hidden Power -Bronze- Took down 10 enemies using the spelldaggers
  • Swift Retaliation -Bronze- Took down 10 enemies with counterstrikes
  • Master of the Elements -Bronze- Took down 100 enemies using Total Clarity
  • A Noble Sacrifice -Bronze- Completed Episode Ignis on Normal
  • Altissian Ambassador -Silver- Collected all documents
  • Another Path -Bronze- Defeated Ardyn in Chapter 3, Verse 2
  • A New Protagonist -Gold- Earned the top ranking in the Friendly Match

I was also prompted to download a new patch for the new features/improvements and Ignis DLC compatibility. 

Edited by Gay_Angel

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Hoping the difficulty will be in line with the bonus boss fight in Episode Prompto rather than the bonus boss fight in Episode Gladiolus.

From what I‘ve been hearing it‘ll more likely be the hardest of the extra boss fights in the episodes.

Edited by ShadowStefan

16 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Any tips for the fight against Noctis? Best I did so far is getting him to about 1/3 of his health left. This is way harder than the Cor or Aranea fight.

About 1/3 left, maybe 1/4, this is also how far I am coming right now. This fight extremely hard. I can‘t even imagine how hard getting A+ (highest ranking) will be. Have read some strategies (which are all basically hit and run), but I guess we‘ll have some youtube vids about the best strategy soon.

3 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

About 1/3 left, maybe 1/4, this is also how far I am coming right now. This fight extremely hard. I can‘t even imagine how hard getting A+ (highest ranking) will be. Have read some strategies (which are all basically hit and run), but I guess we‘ll have some youtube vids about the best strategy soon.

I watched a video of someone beating him, basically just hit and run strategy. Also used all items but he still got A+. Don't think that will be a big issue. 

It annoys me Noctis is a damage sponge and he takes you out in 1 or 2 hits. Taking a break and will go for it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I watched a video of someone beating him, basically just hit and run strategy. Also used all items but he still got A+. Don't think that will be a big issue. 

It annoys me Noctis is a damage sponge and he takes you out in 1 or 2 hits. Taking a break and will go for it tomorrow.

Yeah, just watched a video as well, gonna put it here for others:

What I‘m grasping from this video is basically lots of hit and running, always use the counter attack as it also heals you and use high jump when Noctis uses Armiger just to get out of the situation. As you said, getting hit often and using all items doesn‘t seem to be a big problem for the ranking - that‘s at least something. :P 

I love Ignis but I'm not sure if I should play all the DLCs now or wait for the inevitable new DLCs coming in 2018 :dance:

18 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Yeah, just watched a video as well, gonna put it here for others:

What I‘m grasping from this video is basically lots of hit and running, always use the counter attack as it also heals you and use high jump when Noctis uses Armiger just to get out of the situation. As you said, getting hit often and using all items doesn‘t seem to be a big problem for the ranking - that‘s at least something. :P 

Seems harder than Cor's, I like it :awesome:

4 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Anyone heard of somebody beating the fight without an A+ ranking? Would be really frustrating to give your all and finally beat him, only to find you got a B or A ranking. 

Yeah, someone on another site mentioned getting A two times before earning the A+. I think I called it correctly in my first post in this thread.

Well I just beat him and got a B grade.

Combo score: 25             281,250 pts.

Evasion score: 155,296   214,704 pts

Battle time 14:05             247,500 pts

Total score                       743,454 pts

I thought I did pretty good, and beat him quite easily. So what did I do wrong?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

8 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Well I just beat him and got a B grade.

Combo score: 25             281,250 pts.

Evasion score: 155,296   214,704 pts

Battle time 14:05             247,500 pts

Total score                       743,454 pts

I though I did pretty good, and beat him quite easily. So what did I do wrong?

Here's the score from the video for comparison:

Combo score: 34             520,200 pts.

Evasion score: 85,573     287,427 pts

Battle time 11:04             338,000 pts

Total score                       1,145,627 pts

Obviously you're a bit shorter in all areas, but combo is the one that stands out most. I cant' give too much concrete advice since I haven't tried the fight yet, but getting your combos up should help a lot.

Just now, RNumbers said:

Here's the score from the video for comparison:

Combo score: 34             520,200 pts.

Evasion score: 85,573     287,427 pts

Battle time 11:04             338,000 pts

Total score                       1,145,627 pts

Obviously you're a bit shorter in all areas, but combo is the one that stands out most. I cant' give too much concrete advice since I haven't tried the fight yet, but getting your combos up should help a lot.

Yeah thanks, I just compared it too. But maybe that's just luck based? Some fights I can get a lot more consecutive hits than others, in which he just dodges all attacks. Ah well, let's try again.

I have found all documents except note to gladiolus, I have checked vids, pics of where it is and it does not appear there for me. I even restsrted the game and made my way there asap. Still not there.... do I need to do something or is öy game broken? 

1 minute ago, Morfea said:

I have found all documents except note to gladiolus, I have checked vids, pics of where it is and it does not appear there for me. I even restsrted the game and made my way there asap. Still not there.... do I need to do something or is öy game broken? 

I'm not sure but I THINK certain items appear only after you do the bridge part in the middle of Chapter 1. So if you have been trying to get everything right off the bat, try getting to that part first and then checking.

FWIW, you have to get all items in Chapter 1, but the chapter doesn't end till you get on a boat.

8 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I'm not sure but I THINK certain items appear only after you do the bridge part in the middle of Chapter 1. So if you have been trying to get everything right off the bat, try getting to that part first and then checking.

FWIW, you have to get all items in Chapter 1, but the chapter doesn't end till you get on a boat.

Yeah, I did it right of the bat, wanted it over before I got into the episode to much, I will try do the bridge part and then look, thanks for the tip

7 minutes ago, Morfea said:

Yeah, I did it right of the bat, wanted it over before I got into the episode to much, I will try do the bridge part and then look, thanks for the tip

Hm, if you were able to find everything else, I'm most likely wrong. I think it's unlikely only one item would be accessible only after the bridge. I found it pretty near a campsite, which is part of what made me think it wasn't there before, because I thought I would have spotted it.

The good news is, I don't think your game could be "broken" in this way. I haven't heard about anyone else having this problem (granted, not that many people have played). If you can't find it after the bridge you're probably just looking in the wrong place...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Hm, if you were able to find everything else, I'm most likely wrong. I think it's unlikely only one item would be accessible only after the bridge. I found it pretty near a campsite, which is part of what made me think it wasn't there before, because I thought I would have spotted it.

The good news is, I don't think your game could be "broken" in this way. I haven't heard about anyone else having this problem (granted, not that many people have played). If you can't find it after the bridge you're probably just looking in the wrong place...

You were right, it was in the exact spot I had been looking all the time, as soon as I had cleared the bridge. The trophy has poped and all is good. Strange though that it’s only one document is not accessible until after the bridge. You would guess it would be more or none. Thanks again, now I can enjoy the rest of the DLC with that out of the way.

Well, I did it and combo is the key. This time I got a 32 combo and did it in 11 minutes and got 1.058.957 points.

A few tips: First half of the fight just rush in with fire blades and counterattacks and go for a big combo while he is in stasis.

Second half of the fight just dodge and attack, dodge and attack. When he uses Armiger, use your jump special ability. Good luck to all, so far the hardest trophy of FFXV.

(Edit: This actually took me a lot less attempts than the Cor fight, so don't know which one is harder)

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

17 minutes ago, Morfea said:

You were right, it was in the exact spot I had been looking all the time, as soon as I had cleared the bridge. The trophy has poped and all is good. Strange though that it’s only one document is not accessible until after the bridge. You would guess it would be more or none. Thanks again, now I can enjoy the rest of the DLC with that out of the way.

Awesome, good to know. I will pass the info along, hopefully it helps other people as well.

9 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Well, I did it and combo is the key. This time I got a 32 combo and did it in 11 minutes and got 1.058.957 points.

A few tips: First half of the fight just rush in with fire blades and counterattacks and go for a big combo while he is in stasis.

Second half of the fight just dodge and attack, dodge and attack. When he uses Armiger, use your jump special ability. Good luck to all, so far the hardest trophy of FFXV.

(Edit: This actually took me a lot less attempts than the Cor fight, so don't know which one is harder)

Congrats! I'll be working on it tonight. Hope I don't find it too frustrating. I'm actually going to delete FFXV after getting 100% as it's just taking up too much space on my HD at this point. If we get more trophy DLCs, I'll deal with it then...

• Like 1