The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

With the new dlc 8 new trophies are added to GTA V

- Getting Started : Set up the Doomsday Heist.  :bronze:

- The Data Breaches : You completed Act 1 of The Doomsday Heist as Leader or Crew. :bronze:

- The Bogdan Problem : You completed Act 2 of The Doomsday Heist as Leader or Crew. :silver:

- The Doomsday Scenario : You completed Act 3 of The Doomsday Heist as Leader or Crew. :silver:

- A World Worth Saving : You completed The Doomsday Heist as Leader or Crew. :silver:

- Orbital Obliteration : Kill another player with the Orbital Cannon. :bronze:

- Elitist : Complete all 3 Elite challenges in The Doomsday Heist. :silver:

- Masterminds : Complete all 3 Criminal Mastermind challenges in The Doomsday Heist. :silver:

What everyone though of the new list? Glad they brought back a new heists and trophies but i think Elitist and Masterminds ones will be though.

It's not gonna be a difficult game to find people to do it with at least. But it's pretty annoying that a game I'd long forgotten about got new trophies because it was unexpected. I have $500,000 on my character so far, but I'm not sure if I can make up the $2.1million required to get everything just by selling stuff in my garage, it's been too long since I last visited the online. If I do need just a little bit of money, I won't hesitate to just buy a shark card since I have the money for it and I'd rather not spend time grinding races and so on just for a little bit of money. 

• Like 2

Well it's about time for GTA to get new trophies. I still play it regularly so it will be nice to to finally be able to earn more trophies for it! They don't look to challenging but I don't know what the Elite or Criminal Mastermind Challenges entail 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Aren't Criminal Mastermind challenges the thing where you do every single heist on the highest difficulty, with the same team, without any deaths?

Yep, and every act is about 4 hours long. So, 4 hours on hard without a single death x3. 

I don't mind doing heists again but criminal mastermind is just annoying. 

43 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Aren't Criminal Mastermind challenges the thing where you do every single heist on the highest difficulty, with the same team, without any deaths?

This is a copy and paste from a post on gamefaqs for the previous mastermind challenge, which will be the same most likely but with an added heist. It’s pretty insane requirements..

CHALLENGE RULES:
Complete All Heists and Setups in Order:
This means that you must complete them in this order: Fleeca Job, Prison Break, Humane Labs, Series A Funding, Pacific Standard.

Complete All Heists and Setups with the Same Team:
You must complete them all with the same team of players from the beginning to the end.
Complete All Heists and Setups on Hard Difficulty:
All of the setups and finales, EVERY single one of them, must be completed in Hard Difficulty. Including the first mission where you have to drive with Lester to the Fleeca Bank.

Complete All Heists and Setups without anybody in the team dying:
If a single player dies while on the Mastermind Run, all the players will receive a pop-up message above the minimap, saying "Criminal Mastermind Challenge has been failed". So, nobody must die.”

Source: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733723-grand-theft-auto-online/71484634

Edit: Guess it’s not the same. Same requirements but as stated, it’s just for the new heist setups/finale.

Edited by Dark

I just had a look at the awards ingame

The Criminal Mastermind challenges are indeed for doing the heist in order, with the same team, on the highest difficulty, without losing any lives. It doesn't include the previous heists, but there are three because there are separate awards for doing it with 2, 3 and 4 players.

51 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I just had a look at the awards ingame

The Criminal Mastermind challenges are indeed for doing the heist in order, with the same team, on the highest difficulty, without losing any lives. It doesn't include the previous heists, but there are three because there are separate awards for doing it with 2, 3 and 4 players.

So we have to do it with 2 players, then 3 players and then 4 players?

It's gotta be pretty lenient if you can go through it all with 2 players and not die on the highest difficulty

18 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

So we have to do it with 2 players, then 3 players and then 4 players?

It's gotta be pretty lenient if you can go through it all with 2 players and not die on the highest difficulty

I guess if you do them with a certain number of people, the mission difficulty will balance. GTA IV had it with Dealbreaker where playing with 2 people got you only 1 set of escaping vehicles while playing as 3 got you two escape vehicles and playing as 4 got you 3. It could be the same there, it’s just annoying that they put requirements in the game where no player can die, you can’t control how everyone else is playing. 

Edited by Sergen

My only gripe is that in order to unlock any of these trophies you need to fork out a minimum of $1.2m. The Orbital canon alone is a 900k upgrade to a bunker. I appreciate that its going to encourage more people to play the game modes or whatever but the fact that it either requires spending upwards of £50 in real money in shark cards or hours of grinding to get enough money is very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I guess if you do them with a certain number of people, the mission difficulty will balance. GTA IV had it with Dealbreaker where playing with 2 people got you only 1 set of escaping vehicles while playing as 3 got you two escape vehicles and playing as 4 got you 3. It could be the same there, it’s just annoying that they put requirements in the game where no player can die, you can’t control how everyone else is playing. 

the difficulty in gta 5 heist are the same nothing changes whit the ai or number of enemys. the only difference is that on easy you have 2 lives, on normal 1 live and on hard 0. i did the first mastermind at the very first try, we are a good team so i'm looking forward to do this 3 masterminds. mastermind is not that hard as people say if you know what to do. (if you or 1 of the members play as rambo you will fail for sure.)

the elite will be a challenge but it all come done to practice.

So as I understand it, the Elitist trophy stacks with the Mastermind trophy. They're essentially the same thing, except the latter is on hard and negated by a single death.

To add to that, there are apparently 29 setups and finales across all three acts. Plus, like Shadiochao mentioned, it has to be done three times with the same teams of 2, 3 and 4 players. Yeah, this is gonna be a piece of cake ?

Edited by SarcalogosVermis

29 minutes ago, SarcalogosVermis said:

So as I understand it, the Elitist trophy stacks with the Mastermind trophy. They're essentially the same thing, except the latter is on hard and negated by a single death.

To add to that, there are apparently 29 setups and finales across all three acts. Plus, like Shadiochao mentioned, it has to be done three times with the same teams of 2, 3 and 4 players. Yeah, this is gonna be a piece of cake 1f612.png

No the elite challenges are something different then the mastermind challenge. Elite challenges are 3 challenges only achievable in the three heist finales. You will probably need to finish the heist in a very strict time to complete, as it was with the previous elite challenges. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

No the elite challenges are something different then the mastermind challenge. Elite challenges are 3 challenges only achievable in the three heist finales. You will probably need to finish the heist in a very strict time to complete, as it was with the previous elite challenges. 

Ah, I see. I incorrectly figured the Elitist trophy corresponded with the Loyalty medals I was seeing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by SarcalogosVermis