The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

You need to do these  these heists with 4 people anyway for trophies, I hope the progression for 2 and 3 player teams is counted when doing it with 4, otherwise would have to play through the whole thing 3 times doing criminal mastermind each time.

Edited by x7eight

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Ah, hell. R* once again just wants us to buy shark cards. They could have easily done SP DLC by now if they wanted.

I will do the heists if I can find a good group and I'm pretty sure I have the money for it, but I don't care for the challenges. Another 100% gone, oh well it's only DLC. 1f612.png

Agreed. There's no way I'm going to get the cash required to buy a facility. I'm not putting hours into getting another million in cash...(I'm at about 500k)

this heist is great so far...no petitions for the mastermind or challenge trophies please...i'm like supernoob at this point and have barely made any progress but man, having a great time...co-op with friends and headsets recommended (it's great)...haven't had this much fun gaming in a while (it's great)...if mastermind challenges are stackable, great...if they aren't, great...so far, great...theme of post : great... 

• Like 2

im torn, i was kinda hoping there'd  be no trophies with the new heists but at the same time i can now play some more gta5.
i have to buy the game again now.. but the money aspect isnt a problem as i can sell all the stuff i got when i went for the 8M trophy.

Edited by Leenewbe

After it taking who knows how long to even reach rank 100 for the platinum and all the other heist trophies I'm not willing to spend more time in this game let alone real money, this is a no-go for me. Things like these are putting me off buying RDR 2, its going to be the same full of micro-transactions.

I'm kind of glad Rockstar hasn't forgetten to add a new heist after the initial five, but man, it's been over seven months after my getting 100%, and I'm already kind of burned out just by thinking of having to go back to the game and collect more trophies. How much time did I spend, 200 hours? Not that I hated it, mind you, but having to talk and recruit people to work on heists with was so excruciatingly painful and laborious, and the idea of having to do that again completely steers me away from getting the new trophies. 

Maaaaaybe I'll get the first five and leave the last three alone. As far as my knowledge goes, to get the Obliteration trophy, you'll need to personally purchase:

- A facility (minimum $1.25 million)

- Orbital cannon add-on ($900,000)

- Just to use the cannon ($750,000 for a guaranteed kill)

• Like 1

Yeah, just no... I think I won't even touch it.  Those elite and mastermind trophies are just ridiculous. Considering that making whole Heist is like 4 or 5 hours of playing? One fuck up and you need to restart all over... They've gone mad with this. 

And Obliteration Gun? Facility is minimum 1.2mln, cannon 900k and worst part is 750k per shoot? What is this? Another EA? Actually this is way worst... They literally taking your money for each shoot. Who would have thought that R* will become as the most greedy ones? I heard from a long time that GTA Online became milking cow and now I know why. No wonder they support it so much, they are just flowing in money from it... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, x7eight said:

You need to do these  these heists with 4 people anyway for trophies, I hope the progression for 2 and 3 player teams is counted when doing it with 4, otherwise would have to play through the whole thing 3 times doing criminal mastermind each time.

I know, I just meant it'll be easier to prepare for the four-player hurdle if we can practise with just two :) I was wondering the same thing actually - I hope that turns out to be the case.

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

this heist is great so far...no petitions for the mastermind or challenge trophies please...i'm like supernoob at this point and have barely made any progress but man, having a great time...co-op with friends and headsets recommended (it's great)...haven't had this much fun gaming in a while (it's great)...if mastermind challenges are stackable, great...if they aren't, great...so far, great...theme of post : great... 

You crack me up lol ? your posts are always very upbeat! I like it!! You are gonna have a lot of disappointed peeps on the gta iv boost now this dlc has come out ? but I look forward to you getting us all through this. 3 people a day times 768 applicants will only take erm... about a year I reckon... remember - I signed up first so I’m top of the list ?

Edited by Hogie838

Found this list of the elite challenges for Act I and II on PST (they didn't have act III's challenges yet):

Act 1 - 65k to start (3 Prep missions, 3 Setup missions, 1 Finale):

Complete in under 5:30 mins
Kill 78 enemies
Nobody gets wasted

Act 2 - 95k to start (5 Prep missions, 4 Setup missions, 1 Finale):
Complete in under 15:00 mins
Vehicle damage 5% or less
Nobody gets wasted

Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6134123-post33.html

2 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

just picked up the game from amazon for £25 and it includes 1.25m of in game cash. not sure if its a uk only deal but it'll save some grinding for anyone needing to pick up the game.

121bkhf.png

just a heads up the cheapest facility is $1 250 000 and you need $900 000 to add (via renovate in the maze foreclosure website) the orbital cannon...$500 000 to fire a manual shot...$750 000 for homing shot...so yep, lots of grinding for some people I reckon...gotta love it...let the micro transactions and petitions begin...yay...odds of a r* trashing thread appearing within the next 24 hours?...

edit: based on the trophy descriptions I'm guessing the criminal mastermind trophy refers to completing all 3 acts on hard without dying, with the same people...not completing this with 2, 3, and, 4 players...just an educated guess...only time will tell... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

just a heads up the cheapest facility is $1 250 000 and you need $900 000 to add (via renovate in the maze foreclosure website) the orbital cannon...$500 000 to fire a manual shot...$750 000 for homing shot...so yep, lots of grinding for some people I reckon...gotta love it...let the micro transactions and petitions begin...yay...odds of a r* trashing thread appearing within the next 24 hours?...

edit: based on the trophy descriptions I'm guessing the criminal mastermind trophy refers to completing all 3 acts on hard without dying, with the same people...not completing this with 2, 3, and, 4 players...just an educated guess...only time will tell... 

So the facility and all the money needed is just for the Orbital gun trophy? Hosting the Heist "only" costs 65K, 95K etc? And does anyone know if this is a one-time fee or is it 500K (or whatever the full price is) for every attempt at the mastermind stuff?

Way are so many people complaining about orbital shoot being 750.000$? Do people whant to have 2 or 3 guys inside this new bunkers spamming shoot's killing everybody in the session without any possibility of defence? It should be 1milion a shoot whit 24 hours cooldown.

It isn't as a much of a grind as I originally thought honestly. I've been joining random Doomsday Heist missions, and I've already gotten 700k (have 1.2mil atm) just from a couple of heists with randoms.

It's a good way to get familiar with each mission and I'm also close to getting enough money for my own Facility.