The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

5 hours ago, Bezenko said:

And does anyone know if this is a one-time fee or is it 500K (or whatever the full price is) for every attempt at the mastermind stuff?

the heist leader needs to put up the cash each time for each heist, yes...they're really not that pricey...payout is ok...

the facility and its upgrades are a one time only thing...the orbital cannon shots are not...

Edited by ProfBambam55

2 hours ago, JavaNext said:

It isn't as a much of a grind as I originally thought honestly. I've been joining random Doomsday Heist missions, and I've already gotten 700k (have 1.2mil atm) just from a couple of heists with randoms.

Luck I would say. The prep missions are made to fail, as they have to be done in public sessions. Those and the setup missions pay only ~25k each. Only the heist finals will give some money for your time, but in the time you have prepared and executed a heist you could have done much easier things to make money. To get 700k you either played 28 setups or were lucky to get into heist finals randomly.

21 hours ago, ILoveBlanc3 said:

I'm kind of glad Rockstar hasn't forgetten to add a new heist after the initial five, but man, it's been over seven months after my getting 100%, and I'm already kind of burned out just by thinking of having to go back to the game and collect more trophies. How much time did I spend, 200 hours? Not that I hated it, mind you, but having to talk and recruit people to work on heists with was so excruciatingly painful and laborious, and the idea of having to do that again completely steers me away from getting the new trophies. 

Maaaaaybe I'll get the first five and leave the last three alone. As far as my knowledge goes, to get the Obliteration trophy, you'll need to personally purchase:

- A facility (minimum $1.25 million)

- Orbital cannon add-on ($900,000)

- Just to use the cannon ($750,000 for a guaranteed kill)

They really want to push the Shark Cards...they will succeed.

• Like 1

Me and a few friends just started the first prep (Collect Ambulance) and because its on public some guy was camping outside our base and killed us. We managed to get the ambulance inside and finish the prep, but does this mean that we would've failed the Elitist and Masterminds trophy if we were going for them? If not could someone explain where about these specifications count toward the trophy(ies) please.

Thanks in advance

EDIT - To answer my own question, it doesn't seem to count for Heist Preperations, just Set-ups and Finale.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

3 hours ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

I will try to complete these challenges this weekend with four players first, so I hope I can tell you the answer by then. I don't think someone actually attempt these trophy's yet to find this out.

I already know as we made couple of setups... You have to make separate playtroughs for 2, 3 and 4 players... That's sad, really... R* made it ridiculous. 

At least elite challenges can be done once but mastermind need to be done 3 times. At least it counts only in setups and finale and if you close the game right after you die (your whole party needs to do it too!) than you can restart it and don't lose progress. It's working since previous heists so it won't be patched. They are too much focused on money right now. 

• Like 1

i'd rather got back and finish the zombie maps on every call of duty which i haven't completed then have to get back into the GTAV community and find people to complete this stupid heist with. How many times???  With how much money do i need? Rockstar wants to sell more shark cards and I don't want to buy another GTA game again ever.  How old is this game?  Why do i have to download this crap again? Who is to say this is the end? It may just be a new beginning of a slew of heist dlc.  

I hope that R* continue to support this for a long time whit or whiteout trophies. At least FOR  Me it was 60 euros well spent. I understand if people prefer to buy the game on day 1, pay for dlc 20/30€ or season pass. And them the publishers will shut the servers 1 year later. It's a lot better.?

Edited by Facas
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Facas said:

I hope that R* continue to support this for a long time whit or whiteout trophies. At least FOR  Me it was 60 euros well spent. I understand if people prefer to buy the game on day 1, pay for dlc 20/30€ or season pass. And them the publishers will shut the servers 1 year later. It's a lot better.1f914.png

A 4 year old game keeps getting shit like this for free... it really sucks... It would have been much better if they had made a new GTA every year and i had to spend 70Eur for my 10/12 hour content. EA and Konami for example, they know how to make good games :)

Edited by JSVilleneuve
typo
  • Like 1

if i wanted to sit around and play the same game for four years id agree with what you're saying.  After completing the game 100% and achieving rank 100 I think I had my share of GTAV.  The problem is making everything in the dlc so expensive so that you have to grind for it.  Talk about free games or free content.  GTAV made more money off their shark cards than EA and konamis top games combined.  Adding this heist and making the requirements to participate so expensive is nothing more than a way to keep the cash cow going until the next GTA comes out.  It makes me laugh you guys think they're just being a nice big company.  Making more money has nothing to do with it right.  The shark card is the biggest cash cow in all of gaming history.  Rockstar has generated more money from this than any other game dlc ever.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, Aexuz said:

They keep releasing trophies for PS4 but they give a shit about fixing "Run like the wind" for PS3. ?

They disabled it on purpose because of modders being all around destroying the multiplayer experience by using some exploits related to setting bounties to other players.

I really hope they push a new update to take modders away and make people able to enjoy the game again and also get the trophy, of course.

Sony updated the PS3 recently to fix exploits, so that was an statement by Sony still defending the PS3 :)

28 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

if i wanted to sit around and play the same game for four years id agree with what you're saying.  After completing the game 100% and achieving rank 100 I think I had my share of GTAV.  The problem is making everything in the dlc so expensive so that you have to grind for it.  Talk about free games or free content.  GTAV made more money off their shark cards than EA and konamis top games combined.  Adding this heist and making the requirements to participate so expensive is nothing more than a way to keep the cash cow going until the next GTA comes out.  It makes me laugh you guys think they're just being a nice big company.  Making more money has nothing to do with it right.  The shark card is the biggest cash cow in all of gaming history.  Rockstar has generated more money from this than any other game dlc ever.

Yeah, I agree. I've just hit level 100 again (Hit previously on Xbox). Wasted most my cash on that 8 million trophy for the last DLC before i heard about this new heist. Luckily i had a friend who plays this religiously and saved tons of cash up. We're currently on ACT 3 Set-up's and although the Heist has been somewhat enjoyable i'm glad i didn't grind out more cash for this (no way i was buying a shark card). I'm not slating Rockstar for releasing a new heist but i can see why this has p*ssed a lot of people off considering most people had well and truly moved on from this game and are now facing a steep task for Elitist, Mastermind or just simply short of cash. I'll be getting what ever trophies i can from this new DLC and then move on. Pretty sh*tty move from Rockstar i admit.

The problem I have is I know I have enough money to set it up (got around 2.2m) but literally no-one on my friends list plays this game & I don't want to fund the heist publicly for randoms to screw it up.

Given the difficulty of Masterminds & Elitist (it's telling when after 3 days even the games best players haven't earned it yet as it's still at 0%) I don't even know if I have the motivation to get the 6 trophies I can earn.

This damn game has more than likely ruined the 100% completion for a huge number of trophy hunters myself included. I know it will sound sad to many but it's seriously made me reconsider buying any future Rockstar games (I was so looking forward to RDR2 as the first is arguably the best game I played on my Xbox 360) so I don't get burned again. I'm a completionist & having my overall 100% taken away from me has left a rather bitter feeling behind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rattamauled said:

The problem I have is I know I have enough money to set it up (got around 2.2m) but literally no-one on my friends list plays this game & I don't want to fund the heist publicly for randoms to screw it up.

Given the difficulty of Masterminds & Elitist (it's telling when after 3 days even the games best players haven't earned it yet as it's still at 0%) I don't even know if I have the motivation to get the 6 trophies I can earn.

This damn game has more than likely ruined the 100% completion for a huge number of trophy hunters myself included. I know it will sound sad to many but it's seriously made me reconsider buying any future Rockstar games (I was so looking forward to RDR2 as the first is arguably the best game I played on my Xbox 360) so I don't get burned again. I'm a completionist & having my overall 100% taken away from me has left a rather bitter feeling behind.

What makes it worse in this situation, is that no one boosting these trophies will touch me with Lester's 10 foot barge pole because i don't use a mic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That's so true.I was getting bullied two years ago on ps3 for not having a mic,i can't even imagine how it will be now

You can't do the mastermind without good comunication and a good team... People can be stupid because of it, but i did the mastermind and without that is almost impossible...

That and the heavy armor suits xD

18 hours ago, Rattamauled said:

I agree that this is disturbing for a trophy hunter.  However i read someplace one time trophy hunters make up less than 1 percent of the gaming community and therefore you would have to assume completionists make up even a lesser percentage of the gaming community.  Gaming companies don't consider our 100% in their decisions.  They are all money motivated decisions.  

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

Me and @Potent_Delusions fulfilled the "Masterminds" trophy now and it seems like we're the first people in the world to do it. I wrote a lot about the trophy here if anyone on this thread is interested in knowing more about the trophy: 

First congratulations xD

Second: Are you sure the heavy armor suits makes any diference now? I mean the old ones we used on previous heists, i think you know what i´m talking about :)

Or are you talking about the new ones?

14 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That's so true.I was getting bullied two years ago on ps3 for not having a mic,i can't even imagine how it will be now

I had the same over on Xbox One with Destiny, When the first raid came out everyone i'd get in touch with would just slate me for not using a mic. Luckily i found a group of people that were willing to let me join as long as i was able to at least join a party to hear instructions etc. Ultimately, we were one of the first few groups recognized for completing the raid without a death. Was good to show the middle finger to those that shun me.

11 hours ago, JSVilleneuve said:

You can't do the mastermind without good comunication and a good team... People can be stupid because of it, but i did the mastermind and without that is almost impossible...

That and the heavy armor suits xD

Again, with the statement above, i agree that good teammates are a MUST. I struggle to agree with you on the mic "Without that is almost impossible" statement. Whats impossible is having people accept you even if you are not using a mic, i will never discriminate against people just because of their personal choices. As a community shouldn't we be prepared to help others? I wouldn't mind so much if people said "OK no mic, prove yourself a good player, listen to instructions and we'll let you join"

Me and a friend ran through the heist "without communication" and only died a handful of times between us, if that. Most of those were irrelevant as well as it was randoms killing us going to and from the facility on preparations. I'm not the best player out there but i'd try my damnedest to not let myself or my team down. With or without a mic. 

Ultimately, it wouldn't be any harder than if you're all in party talking about that booze up you had last Saturday, because its very rare you go into any party with people and their just talking about whats relevant to boost. The "Leader" or "Host" could easily point out to the person without a mic, go here, go there, the EXACT same thing that they would do if i had a mic and the only difference being that people without a mic couldn't answer. It comes down to people shunning others because of their choices.

I think this is why a lot of people get p*ssed off with these types of trophies. Either be it having no friends that play the same game, needing to have a mic or needing 8,493 people to complete a task. Devs need to wise up to this sh*t.