The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

On 12/12/2017 at 7:29 PM, ILoveBlanc3 said:

Maaaaaybe I'll get the first five and leave the last three alone. As far as my knowledge goes, to get the Obliteration trophy, you'll need to personally purchase:

- A facility (minimum $1.25 million)

- Orbital cannon add-on ($900,000)

- Just to use the cannon ($750,000 for a guaranteed kill)

Wouldn't be the first trophy I had to spend money on getting.  Totally not worth it though :<

1 hour ago, x7eight said:

If anybody is wondering you can get the individual act trophies just by completing the finale, don't have to play or host through the whole act, I got the act 3 trophy just by helping a friend finish. Haven't even started act 2 though :lol:

That was the case with the previous heists update, but doing that is completely pointless because you need to do every prep, setup and finale three times to get the Masterminds trophy. 

23 hours ago, Sergen said:

We did quit the whole heist and re-host during any failed attempts

Hey, just wondering but does this mean you restarted the entire Doomsday heist over from Act I if you ever died or just all quit the game and restarted the heist/set up you failed on?

6 minutes ago, YohCeezaX said:

Hey, just wondering but does this mean you restarted the entire Doomsday heist over from Act I if you ever died or just all quit the game and restarted the heist/set up you failed on?

We re-did the whole heist, but eventually it got to a point where we were just bored of Lester, but we weren't dying. If you look at your mini-map, you can take out most oncoming threats and a lot of objectives are in an outdoor area and you could take an Armoured Kuruma to a lot of those and not get hit. Indoor objectives on the other hand are something you really need to be very careful with, slow and steady wins the race. There's a way to keep your snack menu open while playing the game, but you can't sprint while your snacks are up, you need to press Square and jump to move faster, everyone on the team should keep their snack menu up so they can instantly heal if they get shot, you get a lot of snacks that re-gen health quickly. Armour on the other hand felt kind of useless since when I played it, our armour went down in half a second if we got hit. Aside from that, I've read people having someone in their crew reset to 0 while they're attempting it, I guess that's what happens if people quit out, you're taking a chance doing that if you die. The Combat MG is also the best gun for fighting most enemies, even shots to the chest with it normally do a lot of damage, but of course headshots are what you should be aiming for most of the time. The other thing I never see people mention is the fact that Associates can get health when they are stood near the CEO during a heist, so if the objective isn't timed, all Associates could camp near the CEO before moving on to get their full health back. The CEO just needs to utilise snacks to the best of their ability. 

Edited by Sergen

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

We re-did the whole heist, but eventually it got to a point where we were just bored of Lester, but we weren't dying. If you look at your mini-map, you can take out most oncoming threats and a lot of objectives are in an outdoor area and you could take an Armoured Kuruma to a lot of those and not get hit. Indoor objectives on the other hand are something you really need to be very careful with, slow and steady wins the race. There's a way to keep your snack menu open while playing the game, but you can't sprint while your snacks are up, you need to press Square and jump to move faster, everyone on the team should keep their snack menu up so they can instantly heal if they get shot, you get a lot of snacks that re-gen health quickly. Armour on the other hand felt kind of useless since when I played it, our armour went down in half a second if we got hit. Aside from that, I've read people having someone in their crew reset to 0 while they're attempting it, I guess that's what happens if people quit out, you're taking a chance doing that if you die.  

Ah I see, thought as much. Thanks for the info and tips, super helpful!

I've decided I won't be answering questions through PSN anymore. It's not actually been as much as I thought it would be, but I don't mind answering things within this thread. PSN messaging character limits are incredibly annoying... It's also kind of annoying to answer the same question 10 times. I can kind of understand how GrannyTranny felt when he got Mein Leben on Wolfenstein II, he hid his list to let things die down after he was the first achiever for it. That makes me also surprised that I've not seen a petition pop up to get Rockstar to change the trophy requirement. I personally did think it would be fair if the trophy unlocks by doing the 2-player requirement, because 2-players requires twice the work to get done, the game doesn't balance difficulty based on the amount of people you are playing with. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I've decided I won't be answering questions through PSN anymore. It's not actually been as much as I thought it would be, but I don't mind answering things within this thread. PSN messaging character limits are incredibly annoying... It's also kind of annoying to answer the same question 10 times. I can kind of understand how GrannyTranny felt when he got Mein Leben on Wolfenstein II, he hid his list to let things die down after he was the first achiever for it. That makes me also surprised that I've not seen a petition pop up to get Rockstar to change the trophy requirement. I personally did think it would be fair if the trophy unlocks by doing the 2-player requirement, because 2-players requires twice the work to get done, the game doesn't balance difficulty based on the amount of people you are playing with. 

The people that would petition for this trophy to be altered would be literally unnoticeable with how big the GTA community is. I guess that wouldn’t stop anyone from trying though lmao.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Do you get the mastermind payouts everytime you complete the challenge?  

As in getting the rewards 3 times for finishing with 2,3 and 4 players? 

Yeah, but it's significantly less than the previous Criminal Mastermind, I think it was around $1.5million per Criminal Mastermind but you also get a lot of money as a host in the finale or as a crew member in setups. The game balances payment by not giving the host any money during setups but giving them the most money by default in the finale. 

@Sergen Got some questions regarding the criminal mastermind trophy.

1. Does deaths in freeroam setup count/ killed by other players.

2. If the mission fails for some reason and no-one dies, do you loose the progress?

3. And finally, i've heard if all players quit the game if someone dies, then progress won't be lost. I also read something about it being patched. Do you know anything about it?

8 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

@Sergen Got some questions regarding the criminal mastermind trophy.

1. Does deaths in freeroam setup count/ killed by other players.

2. If the mission fails for some reason and no-one dies, do you loose the progress?

3. And finally, i've heard if all players quit the game if someone dies, then progress won't be lost. I also read something about it being patched. Do you know anything about it?

1. Dying in preps doesn't count, only setups and finales. 

2. It is only player deaths that should count for it, something like destroying a vehicle while nobody dies wouldn't negate it. 

3. Some people have told me they have lost progress when they try to XMB quit the game, so I wouldn't bank on it being a reliable method. 

• Like 1

Sorry for oncoming rude post...but WTH is wrong with you, guys? This defeatist attitude is simply ridiculous and funny at the same time. People were mocking other players for starting a petition for Mein Leben trophy for Wolfenstein II and now almost everybody is acting up because Rockstar finally put a decent challenging trophy? "Oh, it's going to hurt my 100%." Deal with it, there are many 'worse' games out there that keep on releasing new DLCs/patches that forces you to keep playing if you want that shiny 100%.

Rockstar releases new content, for free and with new trophies and people complain "Rockstar is being greedy." "I won't buy RDR2 because of this." Are you guys really serious about this?

This whole thread made me like this (Except for the post of Prof. Bambam and Sergen, which were on point):

https://imgur.com/gallery/iWKad22

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OJ9999vr said:

If it hasn't been changed recently, you just need to be super quick about it. I think if you even see the mission failed screen then it's already too late. It's been possible since heists were released, so it's unlikely they'll have done anything about it now.

If somebody is too slow and ruins their own challenge progress, the rest of the team can carry on and still complete the challenge, though.

• Like 1

There is only one thing I can't agree and that is "FREE" content. Of course, the download itself is free, but what about to purchase these content ingame? ( not only talking about Doomsday Heist ) These are ridiculous expensive, you either pay with hours of grind or buying shark cards. That's also why they make it free, Rockstar earn a LOT of money, just from this cancer so called "microtransaction".  Rockstar is still greedy since 2013 and no one can change that fact. If someone think it easy to get fast money ( without hacks ), then tell me, I'm willing to hear about it.

So because this topic is about 
trophy thoughts, I say: these trophies are ok, the only thing that just bother me is Criminal Mind Challenge, not because It is to hard, It's because you have to do it 3 times... a cheap excuse to extend playtime, If you ask me. Also, you have to pay 900k dollar to purchase a orbital cannon and 500k dollar to shot once... for one trophy... what the f***!

NO, rockstar is not greedy, why would anyone think that. 
?

I also heard about these criminal mind stat resets, I think it's because of a server error, I also got some server errors recently, It somehow fails to save anything. I didn't start the Heist yet, but quiting as fast as possible after someone dies, should be still possible. Just wait a few days until the servers are fine again. ( playing on XBox One, If someone asking why I don't have this game on PS4 and commented here )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

A few people have said that the servers have not been saving correctly, some people are reporting that even getting into the online portion of the game was a struggle earlier on. One person in the group i'm in said they'd checked Rockstars Server status and it said limited. So maybe that's why backing out isn't working correctly for some and others are losing their criminal record stats also. I really don't think it's been patched though considering you could do the same with the original heists.

26 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

A few people have said that the servers have not been saving correctly, some people are reporting that even getting into the online portion of the game was a struggle earlier on. One person in the group i'm in said they'd checked Rockstars Server status and it said limited. So maybe that's why backing out isn't working correctly for some and others are losing their criminal record stats also. I really don't think it's been patched though considering you could do the same with the original heists.

Yes the servers were down most of today, with an alert saying unable to save. As a result two of my team's Criminal Mastermind got reset to 0. We are unable to start from the beginning so we have to continue until we complete the heists before we can start Act 1 again. So frustrating because we were halfway through Act 2. It just adds a whole other playthrough we need to do. FIX YOUR DAMN SERVERS R*

I can confirm cm progress has been glitchy today...had been working the 2-player one yesterday and progress was reset to 0 tonight after completing a setup...restarted the first act several (about 5) times and progress was randomly reset each time...kind of sucks but my partner is a supercool dude so a few good hours of interesting convos and now we're basically act 1 masters so all is not lost...will update tomorrow if servers are better... 

On 12.12.2017 at 8:19 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Ah, hell. R* once again just wants us to buy shark cards. They could have easily done SP DLC by now if they wanted.

I will do the heists if I can find a good group and I'm pretty sure I have the money for it, but I don't care for the challenges. Another 100% gone, oh well it's only DLC. 1f612.png

It’s not that easy, plus they are busy with RDR 2

The last heist is hell, the hacking part especially

Does anyone have any idea why the challenge resets or if there is a fix of some kind? It's happened to our group multiple times and we haven't used the closing application method nor have actually died, I know some say it's the servers but it's very concerning when it just happens to reset. One time it did reset a warning pop appeared not not long beforehand saying something like the challenge may reset if playing with a VIP, and it does seem that being a VIP and then hiring bodyguards (the team you're doing it with) can fault the progression, perhaps being a CEO/an associate of one could be a fix for people? Just need to hear confirmation, share the knowledge and whatnot

2 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Does anyone have any idea why the challenge resets or if there is a fix of some kind? It's happened to our group multiple times and we haven't used the closing application method nor have actually died, I know some say it's the servers but it's very concerning when it just happens to reset. One time it did reset a warning pop appeared not not long beforehand saying something like the challenge may reset if playing with a VIP, and it does seem that being a VIP and then hiring bodyguards (the team you're doing it with) can fault the progression, perhaps being a CEO/an associate of one could be a fix for people? Just need to hear confirmation, share the knowledge and whatnot

It would seem the servers are overloaded so progress is not saving properly...tried a bunch of things yesterday but couldn't find a fix so I'm guessing we need to wait till either the servers quiet down a bit or r* ups the volume they can handle...i joined about 10 full lobbies in a row yesterday so server traffic seems to make the most sense to me in terms of progress issues...for anyone interested server status can be found here: 

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Server-Status-Latest-Updates

Edited by ProfBambam55

19 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

If it hasn't been changed recently, you just need to be super quick about it. I think if you even see the mission failed screen then it's already too late. It's been possible since heists were released, so it's unlikely they'll have done anything about it now.

If somebody is too slow and ruins their own challenge progress, the rest of the team can carry on and still complete the challenge, though.

Just what i'd like to hear. As far as i know there hasn't been any confirmation of it being patched. So for now i'll assume it still works, but the servers are just having some problems atm due to high trafficking.