Glitchy trophies

MMDE

Often the all stars or the death trophies won't pop. They simply don't unlock for some strange reason. Could it be related to online? I know that when people play online, their best times are submitted, and if issues with this, the game just goes into an infinite loop and you gotta reboot the game. I didn't have any such problems, but I still had issues with 5k and 10k deaths trophy popping. I also tried to delete save, do the deaths over again etc. Just no luck in any way. And when the trophies do pop, it's pretty damn random. There's an in-game counter for the deaths, so you know what the death count is, and doesn't matter if you go 20k deaths either...

Fenix_Furia_20160726180742.jpg

That's the 10k death trophy. It's a cleared level with no deaths screen.

Fenix_Furia_20160724075715.jpg

5k deaths, just at the start of a level. I know this popped hundreds of deaths late.

Fenix_Furia_20160722152602.jpg

During syncing, and it was 25 seconds after previous trophy popped according to the trophy image name.

I've tried to contact the devs a couple of times, but they haven't answered me yet. Others have tried to, some were told to just delete data or reset data in game, but with no luck. Glitches like these definitely hurt sales, and I would highly recommend the game if it wasn't for these, as I loved the game itself.

• Like 1

And just to add to this. I've talked to several of the 10 other people across the 3 versions who has 100% this game, and they all had the same problems. I can name both @Spedah and @Iperoig as two examples of those 10 other people who has 100% the game that had issues with trophies not popping. I remember there was at least one other person I talked with too. So yeah, I know that at least +36% of the people who has 100% this game has had the same issues, my guess would be more have had the same issues too.

I've also spoken to @LucasDiasC which has had the same issues.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Everything in the game popped for me fine except 5k and 10k deaths, and all God mode stars. 

Tried several work around previously, such as saving before my last blue star and earning it several times. Leaving it on the results screen for several hours after earning it. Sitting on the stats screen for several hours, etc. None of those worked. 

I've completely deleted my save and I'm playing fully offline now, going to bee line to the LOL level to efficiently farm deaths, and see if I can get those to pop. I'm collecting the cookies to unlock God mode again and going to try for the blue stars one More time. 

I too messaged the devs and never heard back. I just don't think glitch trophies don't really matter to them on a game this old. It's a shame because it's actually really fun, and I know a bunch of people who won't buy or play it because of the broken trophies. 

i made a thread on ps3trophies.org to avoid this game. no one has got those death trophies since the end of 2016. im the only person since then who at least has the 5k trophy. its messed up, there has been no update that has broke these trophies. i have no ideas how anyone has 100%.

backing up your save for god mode does not work, i have done this, no trophy. to get this trophy i quit the game every 5-10 levels, or after playing for so long to refresh the game. this game crashes and you get suck and have to quit the game. this is the problem that breaks this trophy. im 99% sure.

as for the death trophies, im still wasting my time to find a solution. after 300 hours or new profiles, loading saves, 100k deaths i realise that dont work. its like your save is corrupt from the start, and no messing around, loading saves, more deaths or keep playing will work.

my last solution when i find the patience is get 10-12k deaths, if i dont get the trophy. delete save and try again over and over. maybe then just that 1 time i wont start with a corrupt save. this is how i got 5k a few times after trying 40 new saves. i finished the level, quit to menu and beat another level. the trophy is suppose to pop straight away on the level clear screen.

good luck, let me no how you get on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 9:38 PM, STAR-SOLDIER-X said:

i made a thread on ps3trophies.org to avoid this game. no one has got those death trophies since the end of 2016. im the only person since then who at least has the 5k trophy. its messed up, there has been no update that has broke these trophies. i have no ideas how anyone has 100%.

backing up your save for god mode does not work, i have done this, no trophy. to get this trophy i quit the game every 5-10 levels, or after playing for so long to refresh the game. this game crashes and you get suck and have to quit the game. this is the problem that breaks this trophy. im 99% sure.

as for the death trophies, im still wasting my time to find a solution. after 300 hours or new profiles, loading saves, 100k deaths i realise that dont work. its like your save is corrupt from the start, and no messing around, loading saves, more deaths or keep playing will work.

my last solution when i find the patience is get 10-12k deaths, if i dont get the trophy. delete save and try again over and over. maybe then just that 1 time i wont start with a corrupt save. this is how i got 5k a few times after trying 40 new saves. i finished the level, quit to menu and beat another level. the trophy is suppose to pop straight away on the level clear screen.

good luck, let me no how you get on.

I've unlocked the death trophies multiple times, so they are obtainable, it's just... wanky. I don't think it checks straight away, or something. Maybe not all deaths counts. Who knows, it really is hard to tell. What I do know is that it can pop later, as that is what my 5k did. What eventually triggers it, idk.

Maybe it doesn't even use that in-game counter at all? I suspect it doesn't, and that it has it's own, or something. So the way you die might be the issue. I wish I could debug the problem further, but idk. I don't think the death trophies are the real issue, the real issue is if the all stars or whatever it was glitches :'D

Edited by MMDE

11 hours ago, MMDE said:

I've unlocked the death trophies multiple times, so they are obtainable, it's just... wanky. I don't think it checks straight away, or something. Maybe not all deaths counts. Who knows, it really is hard to tell. What I do know is that it can pop later, as that is what my 5k did. What eventually triggers it, idk.

Maybe it doesn't even use that in-game counter at all? I suspect it doesn't, and that it has it's own, or something. So the way you die might be the issue. I wish I could debug the problem further, but idk. I don't think the death trophies are the real issue, the real issue is if the all stars or whatever it was glitches :'D

well the death trophies unlock instantly on the japanese version. i have even died 100,000 times on 1 save and nothing, played for hours, tried 2 different ps4s. 3 years later and i still try. my blue star glitched, and i redid it for the trophy, so found that soultion. 

i have also unlocked the death trophies many times, but only 100, 1000 etc haha. 

if no one has unlocked the trophies in 3 years and many of us try, id sway towards them being unobtainable personally.

6 hours ago, STAR-SOLDIER-X said:

well the death trophies unlock instantly on the japanese version. i have even died 100,000 times on 1 save and nothing, played for hours, tried 2 different ps4s. 3 years later and i still try. my blue star glitched, and i redid it for the trophy, so found that soultion. 

i have also unlocked the death trophies many times, but only 100, 1000 etc haha. 

if no one has unlocked the trophies in 3 years and many of us try, id sway towards them being unobtainable personally.

I got the trophy myself. I wrote the guide on this site. :P

I earned them just fine, but as I said, 5k was late. There was similar issues back then too. I tried to make a new user and unlock the trophies again and had issues. Pretty sure I eventually got at least one of them to unlock. I never did figure out how to properly do it though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Nauticus87 said:

Well that sucks. I also had 5k/10k and blue star glitch on me. Would have comfortably been fastest achiever and got 500th platinum.

Second glitched game this year after Demon's Tilt. Getting sick of trophies.

Yeah, I got no idea if they trophies will unlock if you play more or not. 5k did unlock late on me, so I suspect they will eventually pop, but I just got no idea when or what triggers it. If only I could look at the save files and see if it was missing something or not. :S There could be two different counters. One you see, and one it keeps for the trophies. If only the game was ported to PS5. :'D

• 4 months later...

Great game but I've just had two trophies glitch on me so far; the 2000 deaths (which I haven't seen anyone have issues with, yay for me) and the 5000 deaths. Anyone found a workaround for the death trophies? 

On 12/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, STAR-SOLDIER-X said:

I've yet to finish all the God mode levels and am planning to leave one of the levels from the first world last to see if it glitches or not. In case it does glitch, what was your solution to get the trophy to pop? 

1 hour ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Great game but I've just had two trophies glitch on me so far; the 2000 deaths (which I haven't seen anyone have issues with, yay for me) and the 5000 deaths. Anyone found a workaround for the death trophies? 

I've yet to finish all the God mode levels and am planning to leave one of the levels from the first world last to see if it glitches or not. In case it does glitch, what was your solution to get the trophy to pop? 

hey, after playing the game for so long, maybe 1 hour, maybe 2. the game freezes on the loading screen and you have to close the app, you also lose your progress from the last few levels you beat. if this happens, thats what glitched my trophy. instead, id shut the game down every 30 min to refresh it from lag issues. first time i beat the game i had a save with 1 level missing but after loading that save 20 times, i never got the trophy.

as for the death trophy, there is no fix. 2 people have managed 5k deaths trophy in 4 and a half years. i kept making new saves over and over, i got lucky 1 time, you might have to try that many times. waiting in the end level screen, reseting, restarting over and over.

good luck

6 hours ago, STAR-SOLDIER-X said:

hey, after playing the game for so long, maybe 1 hour, maybe 2. the game freezes on the loading screen and you have to close the app, you also lose your progress from the last few levels you beat. if this happens, thats what glitched my trophy. instead, id shut the game down every 30 min to refresh it from lag issues. first time i beat the game i had a save with 1 level missing but after loading that save 20 times, i never got the trophy.

as for the death trophy, there is no fix. 2 people have managed 5k deaths trophy in 4 and a half years. i kept making new saves over and over, i got lucky 1 time, you might have to try that many times. waiting in the end level screen, reseting, restarting over and over.

good luck

Thanks for the tips!

Funnily enough, the game hasn't frozen on the loading screen for me just yet, and I'm usually playing the game around 2 hours or so at a time. I am playing on a PS5 though, if that makes any difference. Hopefully that means the blue star trophy hasn't glitched. So with what you're saying, did you have to restart another new save and redo every level on God mode again, closing the app every half an hour? 

For the death trophies, did you try getting the number of deaths on a new save while offline? That's my next plan of action if that hasn't been tested to see if it works. I'm just surprised I had the 2k trophy glitch on me considering that no one seemed to have problems with it.

I've also messaged Green Lava Studios on Facebook and they got back to me saying they'll forward the information to the devs to ask if there's a solution, so hopefully there's a breakthrough there. Maybe if we have enough people asking they can make a small patch to fix this! ? (very wishful thinking haha)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STAR-SOLDIER-X said:

good luck

Game had no such issues when I played it. o.O

It sounds to me the game might use online stats to track progress or something. hmm

I never did figure out why some people struggle.

Help:

I do think the trophies can pop after the exact number, because I know for certain 5k popped late for me.

Edited by MMDE

10 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Thanks for the tips!

Funnily enough, the game hasn't frozen on the loading screen for me just yet, and I'm usually playing the game around 2 hours or so at a time. I am playing on a PS5 though, if that makes any difference. Hopefully that means the blue star trophy hasn't glitched. So with what you're saying, did you have to restart another new save and redo every level on God mode again, closing the app every half an hour? 

For the death trophies, did you try getting the number of deaths on a new save while offline? That's my next plan of action if that hasn't been tested to see if it works. I'm just surprised I had the 2k trophy glitch on me considering that no one seemed to have problems with it.

I've also messaged Green Lava Studios on Facebook and they got back to me saying they'll forward the information to the devs to ask if there's a solution, so hopefully there's a breakthrough there. Maybe if we have enough people asking they can make a small patch to fix this! 1f605.png (very wishful thinking haha)

Just heads up, 5k did pop late for me, but it popped eventually. I think I was at like 6-7k deaths or something in-game. 10k I think popped as it should. Strange stuff.

20 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Game had no such issues when I played it. o.O

It sounds to me the game might use online stats to track progress or something. hmm

I never did figure out why some people struggle.

Help:

I do think the trophies can pop after the exact number, because I know for certain 5k popped late for me.

I was thinking that the online portion of it may be interfering with the stats in some way, so if the 10k glitches on me I'll farm deaths on a blank save offline to see if that makes a difference. 

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Just heads up, 5k did pop late for me, but it popped eventually. I think I was at like 6-7k deaths or something in-game. 10k I think popped as it should. Strange stuff.

Did the 2k trophy pop on time for you or was it later? I'm at almost 6k deaths and both theh 2k and 5k haven't popped ?

3 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I was thinking that the online portion of it may be interfering with the stats in some way, so if the 10k glitches on me I'll farm deaths on a blank save offline to see if that makes a difference. 

Did the 2k trophy pop on time for you or was it later? I'm at almost 6k deaths and both theh 2k and 5k haven't popped ?

Are you actively trying to die or just doing the levels as normal?

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Are you actively trying to die or just doing the levels as normal?

A bit of both. Had around 1200 deaths after getting all the cookies, then realised my 2k had glitched during my gold star playthrough. Farmed about 500 deaths to see if it would pop and nothing. Finished that and now halfway through my red star playthrough and farmed a couple hundred deaths when I was just under 5k to see if it would pop. Nothing again.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Reupload of the images:
Fenix-Furia-20160726180742.jpg

^ level cleared screen.

Fenix-Furia-20160724075715.jpg

^ That seems to be in the middle of a level.

Fenix-Furia-20160723012326.jpg

^ level cleared screen.

This is really odd. Only one that makes sense is the last one, as I've noticed that the death trophies are supposed to pop at the end of a level clear screen. 

Which probably means that the deaths are only counted if the level is cleared, meaning that if you quit a level before clearing it, any death will not be added to the death counter. Completely guessing, but this could also possibly be one of the reasons behind some of the death trophies glitching and not popping when they're meant to. 

2 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

This is really odd. Only one that makes sense is the last one, as I've noticed that the death trophies are supposed to pop at the end of a level clear screen. 

Which probably means that the deaths are only counted if the level is cleared, meaning that if you quit a level before clearing it, any death will not be added to the death counter. Completely guessing, but this could also possibly be one of the reasons behind some of the death trophies glitching and not popping when they're meant to. 

Yeah, I'm guessing the in-game counter might be off, and there is some other counter, but idk.

Do notice how early the game 5k trophy is though, so might just be me starting a new run straight away or something, so it's right after I started (or maybe I even cleared the level and restarted, idk, and it just pops after I start running again).

Oh, and the 5k, notice I got it when I cleared a level without any death...

Edited by MMDE

19 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Thanks for the tips!

I've also messaged Green Lava Studios on Facebook and they got back to me saying they'll forward the information to the devs to ask if there's a solution, so hopefully there's a breakthrough there. Maybe if we have enough people asking they can make a small patch to fix this! 1f605.png (very wishful thinking haha)

for the blue star trophy i had to start from the begining again, closing the game down every hour and backing up my save every 2-3 hours. maybe i did not need to do this and was unlucky not to get the trophy but i was not taking any chances. luckly i got the blue star trophy on my second attempt.

i have never tried the death trophies offline, i usually play on offline accounts or blank accounts but with an internet connection. i tried again recently for the 10k deaths as soon as i got a ps5 but no luck. i have made 30 blank accounts, died 100k deaths on 1 save and played for many more hours, tried on 2 different ps4s but never got the trophy. i will try again to die in a different way maybe, i usually pick level 1-8 i think it is with all the enemies for my deaths. maybe ill try a boss fight. and my last idea is to just try 100 times more on new saves and hope i get lucky once. wasteing my time in the menus and keep playing is not working for me. keep making new saves was the only way i was able to get the 5k deats trophy.

nice, good job. i messaged the publisher before and got no reply.

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, I'm guessing the in-game counter might be off, and there is some other counter, but idk.

Do notice how early the game 5k trophy is though, so might just be me starting a new run straight away or something, so it's right after I started (or maybe I even cleared the level and restarted, idk, and it just pops after I start running again).

Oh, and the 5k, notice I got it when I cleared a level without any death...

the game definately has some internal lag, slow down that messing with trophies etc. after you beat more levels it was the push the game needed to release the trophy for you. i did have a feeling i was dieing to fast and thats why i never got the trophy. i usually turbo controller my deats and my game totally lags out. once i did die slow and end the level every 100 deaths. maybe i should try this slow approach with closing the game down every 500 deaths or so to be in with a better chance.

• Like 1

Booted up an empty save and tried popping the death trophies offline, farming deaths on the third Fenix box level as @MMDE was doing in his stream he posted above (gets you around 450 deaths per minute). Got my 2k deaths trophy to pop which had glitched in my initial save, which was good but whatever I did, I just couldn't get the 5k and 10k deaths trophies to pop. Tried playing random levels, dying and quitting after finishing a level, and ended up farming over 20k deaths. Nothing.

Slim chance of it happening but maybe if enough of us message Green Lava Studios on Facebook/Twitter at around the same time, they'll make a quick patch? 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got the 2k one. The 5k and 10k ones won't pop for me either. Not risking doing the God Mode trophies until I can be certain they'll pop... Am trying the Challenge ones though. Incidentally, I mailed them a while back, but no response. Seems to be the same for everyone, unfortunately.