Glitchy trophies

MMDE

I did notice the game ended up going super slow as I hit a certain amount of deaths. Maybe the deaths after that doesn't count? idk

I also wonder if online has anything to do with it.

What I just don't get is how the lower kills pop as they should, but not 5k and 10k. <_<

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, Jammer_Key said:

Glad to hear you got the 2k one. The 5k and 10k ones won't pop for me either. Not risking doing the God Mode trophies until I can be certain they'll pop... Am trying the Challenge ones though. Incidentally, I mailed them a while back, but no response. Seems to be the same for everyone, unfortunately.

Based off what @STAR-SOLDIER-X has said above, it seems that the God Mode trophy seemed to glitch when the game crashed between loading screens. Hasn't happened to me thankfully so hopefully will pop when I go for it soon. Likewise, I'm almost done with my Challenge Mode run, just have the second half of the final world to go. 

I messaged them on Facebook a couple days ago and got a reply from what seems to be their PR rep, Sean. He said that he'll ask the devs if there is a solution. If they get a few more messages now, it might prompt them to do something about it :)

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I did notice the game ended up going super slow as I hit a certain amount of deaths. Maybe the deaths after that doesn't count? idk

I also wonder if online has anything to do with it.

What I just don't get is how the lower kills pop as they should, but not 5k and 10k. <_<

Yep I noticed that too. Might be a visual bug where it counts to the visual death counter in the stats screen but not the in-game death counter? Can only speculate at this point.

Wondered about the online and doing them offline doesn't seem to yield any results. 

Such a shame that what should be two easy trophies are making the Platinum unobtainable. 

9 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Yep I noticed that too. Might be a visual bug where it counts to the visual death counter in the stats screen but not the in-game death counter?

I wonder if once that happens the numbers might be effed and you can no longer unlock the trophies unless you start over.

Test:

1. Do it for 2 mins (get about 1k, maybe even just do do it for 1 min to be sure idk), make sure there's no visible slowdown.
  2. Quit game
  3. Boot it up and start from 1. again.

"Do it" refers to the "quick death" stuff I did in level 3.2 of that other game mode.

You can probably back up save between booting up the game, so you avoid risking "slowdowns" messing up 10 mins of work :'D

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I wonder if once that happens the numbers might be effed and you can no longer unlock the trophies unless you start over.

Test:

1. Do it for 2 mins (get about 1k, maybe even just do do it for 1 min to be sure idk), make sure there's no visible slowdown.
  2. Quit game
  3. Boot it up and start from 1. again.

"Do it" refers to the "quick death" stuff I did in level 3.2 of that other game mode.

You can probably back up save between booting up the game, so you avoid risking "slowdowns" messing up 10 mins of work :'D

At this point, nothing is a bad idea! Will try this once I'm done with my Challenge Mode run.

Your screenshots from earlier showing that they popped at a random time give me some hope that they'll randomly do the same for me but I won't hold my breath ?

Just now, coldhardcrash_ said:

At this point, nothing is a bad idea! Will try this once I'm done with my Challenge Mode run.

Your screenshots from earlier showing that they popped at a random time give me some hope that they'll randomly do the same for me but I won't hold my breath ?

I think the 5k one popped right after restarting a level or something, so might just be delayed after Level Cleared screen. idk :(

But yeah, they are possible, and I wonder why it worked for me is that I actually died over 5k times going for the rest of the trophies. 10k I know I grinded a bit, but it popped, so idk.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I think the 5k one popped right after restarting a level or something, so might just be delayed after Level Cleared screen. idk :(

But yeah, they are possible, and I wonder why it worked for me is that I actually died over 5k times going for the rest of the trophies. 10k I know I grinded a bit, but it popped, so idk.

Yeah fair enough that makes sense.

I'm hoping it decides to pop through sometime during my God mode run that I'm about to start. Definitely will have to grind for 10k, still only at around 6300 last I checked. 

Facebook, eh? Will message them now.

Kudos to you guys for testing things out, btw.

Yep, just through the Green Lava Studios page. 

Of course, it's such a good game and it's a shame that it's fallen victim to glitched trophies. Will keep playing in hopes I come across a workaround.

Btw, Challenge Mode trophy for red stars works fine, just unlocked mine now. Gonna get onto God mode now. 

5 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Haha for sure. That's if I can get past the whole of God Mode first, I'm on the first world and the absolute perfection that is required is ridiculous. Talk about difficulty spike! 1f635.png

Hehe, you'll do it I think. The game is not that impossible, like it just requires a lot of practice, and if you struggle, some luck goes a long way too. Short levels and instant retry so it's easy to practice and retry over and over until you nail it. :D I know, 10 seconds level can take 10 seconds to complete, or an hour. ? But with practice you get so much better at it over time. Twitch memory I guess.

Edited by MMDE

Hmm...

I'm streaming now trying to get the trophies. I wanted to try what I suggested. I put on two lives so I would beat first world as fast as possible. Never died, and when I finally got to the fast death location I tried to die for 30 seconds. Went fine. I got 327 deaths. Then I went to the stats page and it said.... 654! o.O Yeah, twice as many. Maybe two lives makes each death count twice? Likely due to the secret level counting once, then an extra time when you finish the normal level.

Edited by MMDE

50 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Yes! How did you do it?! 

Still streaming it :P

idk, just kept doing it and then played on for some few minutes and it just popped. I have had like 26k kills xD

EDIT:

Will try more tomorrow.

I'm wondering if it doesn't count more than x kills within a certain amount of time.... idk. Maybe there's a max per level. No idea.

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Still streaming it :P

idk, just kept doing it and then played on for some few minutes and it just popped. I have had like 26k kills xD

Yeah I was just on your stream earlier having a look but couldn't figure it out haha. 

I guess I can try your double death method to speed up the death counter and try on a blank save later tonight. Hopefully it'll work! 

2 hours ago, Jammer_Key said:

Congratulations! Ultra Death Master before 50k??

Hehe, I think I already went past 50k. I will try some more. I already got 100% on my actual account. In my region I was second to do so. ;) 

These attempts have been more about trying to figure out what the issue is, and also just prove that it is possible, despite how hopeless it looks.

I'm the first to get the trophy again in this region since march 2017. I see one guy I know earned the trophy in May this year, and another earned the trophy in Jan 2018.

It is definitely still possible, but there's definitely issues.

Also, I've deleted the account I used from the site. I would rather it not affect stats etc. ;) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jammer_Key said:

You're a hero! Thanks for carrying on the good fight!

Agreed! Really appreciate the effort with all of this, @MMDE.

I'll PM the Green Lava Studios Facebook page again (they never responded beyond their first response) with links to your streams to show them how messed their trophies are. Might help kick start some life into any chance of them looking into it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Just had the blue star trophy glitch on me 1f613.png saved the first level for last and backed up my save beforehand. Reloaded my save twice and tried again, no luck. 

That sucks...

My red star one glitched on me, too, so I replayed a level, then left it on the results screen. After about a minute it popped. Might work? (Hope it does!)

That sucks...

My red star one glitched on me, too, so I replayed a level, then left it on the results screen. After about a minute it popped. Might work? (Hope it does!)

Tried this a few times just earlier, both on the results screen and map screen, nothing unfortunately. Which sucks because God Mode is easily the most difficult of all the modes and took significantly more time and effort than the other modes combined.

I've sent another message to the devs again with screenshots of the missing trophies and my 100% stats screen, though they probably won't care to even reply. Think it's time to retire this one, until they either release a patch (unlikely) or we get lucky and figure out a workaround. My inner completionist is screaming right now. 

• Like 1

I was up at 260k deaths btw, still no 10k trophy ?

I did notice the one time I got 5k trophy I had 5k deaths on one level not that many minutes beforehand. I tried to do the same with 10k, it's barely possible due to the game going slower and slower and slower before crashing. I think I got 12k (double) like two or three times without it ever popping. I was thinking of resetting save and trying again.

7 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Tried this a few times just earlier, both on the results screen and map screen, nothing unfortunately. Which sucks because God Mode is easily the most difficult of all the modes and took significantly more time and effort than the other modes combined.

I've sent another message to the devs again with screenshots of the missing trophies and my 100% stats screen, though they probably won't care to even reply. Think it's time to retire this one, until they either release a patch (unlikely) or we get lucky and figure out a workaround. My inner completionist is screaming right now. 

What I recommend is to continue playing next level and go and try to set some record times in the faster levels. Just spend some time playing the game normal, I've had the 5k death trophy pop like that every time it has unlocked for me. My star trophies popped first try, so I got lucky there I guess.

• Like 1

On 2021/8/24 at 5:32 PM, MMDE said:

I was up at 260k deaths btw, still no 10k trophy 1f62d.png

I did notice the one time I got 5k trophy I had 5k deaths on one level not that many minutes beforehand. I tried to do the same with 10k, it's barely possible due to the game going slower and slower and slower before crashing. I think I got 12k (double) like two or three times without it ever popping. I was thinking of resetting save and trying again.

Your dedication is astounding!

4 hours ago, Jammer_Key said:

Your dedication is astounding!

Yeah, but I will do it when I got the time for it. I will try to restart save, then go into that one place where I spam deaths, should get me like 10k deaths in 1 hour or so, might wait to 1 hour 10 minutes. I will do it the dupe way I did the previous time when the 5k popped. If it works, yay, then we got a fix for that. I just go afk anyway, not much of a hero then. ?

I can try now... started with being on the wrong user, lulz, and forgot to delete save, but doing now. :) 

• Like 1