Are you Trophy Hunter or Platinum Hunter?

ShadowAsek

I mean, you play only for platinums? If you see a good game but without plat are you interested or its a waste of time? In my case a good example is RE: Code Veronica. On PS3 no plat and isn't interesting, but on PS4 it has plat so i will buy it. What is your point of view?

Edited by ShadowAsek

I just get the trophies i want to get in the game and if i feel like i'll get all of them to plat the game however i don't mind playing some 100% games if the game is actually good and if i wanna . I prefer going for the trophies than trying to achieve the actual plat behind them .If i get it , good , if not , no big deal for me .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShadowAsek said:

I mean, you play only for platinums? If you see a good game but without plat are you interested or its a waste of time? In my case a good example is RE: Code Veronica. On PS3 no plat and isn't interesting, but on PS4 it has plat so i will buy it. What is your point of view?

I've actually stopped trophy hunting completely. Trophies are less of importance these days because of all these 1 to 2 hour platinums games (which I'm guilty of myself). But I've got back to lifting weights which taken over my trophy hunting. That been said If a game is good and doesn't need 50 hours for one single trophy or grind then I most probably still go for it (When I buy AC Origins). 

But to answer your question it doesn't bother me if it has a plat or not. That "ding" sound doesn't do it for me anymore.  

2 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

But if a free plus game is garbage and has a plat, i might also play it.

That I've been guilty of too many times:facepalm: Thanks be to Odin I don't worry with trophies anymore:P

I just play games that I think I'll like. The platinum is nice, but I'd rather play a good game with no platinum than a shitty game with one. That said, I think all or maybe most of my 100% only games were free. Probably because I prefer physical copies of games, and most physical copies have a platinum.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Sounds very similar to this thread:

Plats personally. I am disappointed if a game I am interested in only has a short, plat-less trophy list. 

I think that thread means will you buy DLC to 100%. I don't know. If not, it should. Either way, this kind of stuff is brought up all the time.

Topic: if the game doesn't have a Plat, I don't want to pay full price, so will probably buy deep discount digital. The only one I'm still undecided on is RE4...

Im a truetrophy hunter who enjoy games and not search for easy games. Important for me is bei truetrophies completion percentage. First i buy a game and after this i look which trophies this game has or first search for a trophy guide.

Never would play garbage games for plats. I dont wanna be the best in the rankings I wanna have fun with games with trophies.

Edited by xTwoFace619x
  • Like 2

My favorite stat is my completion rating.  That being said, I do enjoy having  bronze, silver & gold gravy on my platinum potatoes.  May skip a dlc trophy or two, but if I start a game, I will perservere to get the plat.  Good game with trophies but no plat?  Sure!  It's all about the journey (as it was in Journey).  Guess my answer is "all of the above".

Edited by erised_
  • Like 1

Hm, at the start of the year my answer would have been plat hunter. But in the course of the last few months it changed more to completionist. I set myself a goal of getting a completionr ate as high as possible and managed to get from about 25% up to 41% right now. So right now, I'm on a completionist path and I don't mind returning and completing games without a plat. I don't even mind going to new games without a plat as long as it has trophies at all because the hunt for trophies is a lot of fun. (That being said, I don't mind games without trophies if they are on other platforms such as Nintendo e.g. There I just try to get everything ingame as complete as possible)

Funnily enough, my room mate doesn't want to play any games without a plat and totally doesn't care for anything else but plats. We often clash in these point of views xD

• Like 1

If I want to play a game, I will get it.

If the game has a Platinum Trophy not gated by the unobtainables or multiplayer, and one that I know I'm capable of snatching, I will get it.

If the DLCs aren't too costly or suddenly go on a sale, I'll buy them and push for 100%
But, if some trophies are too hard or impossible to get, it's not too bad. I'll just collect as much as I can and leave it at that. I might try to up the completion rate and attempt to do some hard ones later, but it's not the end of everything if I can't. 

• Like 2

I don't think people that played easy games just for trophies are trophy hunters, they are not, they are trophy whores which is different, playing games just for fun and entertainment and having trophies to achieve and collect it's just an addiction to game itself, because 100% game doens't mean having all the trophies, that being said I will keep searching for good games to play and have fun with them, you won't see me playing easy games that you complete in less then an hour just for farming trophy level and total trophies.

I played Life is Strange and the Order 1886, yes sure they have easy platinums but nevertheless i played them because i wanted the game not the trophies, one was a free month game and the other was on sale, so I don't regret playing them.

9 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

But, if some trophies are too hard or impossible to get, it's not too bad. I'll just collect as much as I can and leave it at that. I might try to up the completion rate and attempt to do some hard ones later, but it's not the end of everything if I can't. 

that was Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus for me :(

Edited by PhantomBlade19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I just play games that I think I'll like. The platinum is nice, but I'd rather play a good game with no platinum than a shitty game with one. That said, I think all or maybe most of my 100% only games were free. Probably because I prefer physical copies of games, and most physical copies have a platinum.

^ Pretty much this.

Not wasting time with crap just for trophies or plats.

I just play the games I like, regardless of plat or not. Though I do prefer games to have a plat this is very rarely an important factor in me buying it or not if I like it otherwise... having a plat is more of a nice bonus. I will usually go for all the trophies I can even in a plat-less game... well, if I can be bothered to, if the game keeps my interest/gets me addicted for long enough and isn't too brutally hard. I'm also unlikely to buy DLC I'm not interested in just for extra trophies or getting 100% completion

Edited by Zanreo