New DLC, One trophy more

isma_gmr18

4 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Don't get me wrong. I like the game also and glad it is getting continued support. It would be better if it was more than just one trophy and maybe mix it up some so it isn't just collectibles.

This^

The PC version has a lot of variety in its DLC Achievements and I wish the devs would give us just a fraction of them so we're not just looking for 10 random items each time an update drops.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Is it over already? Can we delete this game once and for all? There haven't been any update since a long time, so maybe they finally gave up with those single trophies :)

No, there's a massive update coming in time for Halloween and another one will almost certainly arrive in time for Christmas. The Killing Floor 2 patches are mostly seasonal, with a smattering of smaller bug fix updates whenever a major issue is identified.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheNekrogoblin said:

1 new trophy in today's update

Great. For like once, I've been anticipating the next trophy for months, after the last one or two added. Can't believe there's only 1 new trophy for the entirety of this season/month.

40 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I had a feeling we were getting close to  new update with another trophy.

I knew it would be this month, but the 1st is a bit surprising. Looking at my trophy list, it's gotten earlier in the month every year. Expect next year's to drop in September. :P

• Like 1

Video guides for these trophies are completely unnecessary and unneeded. I've managed them all every-time they've added a new trophy, enough to the point where I've also become definitively comfortable and literally never once having the mentality of looking online for guidance.

• Like 3

Sucks to be you, then? You can easily outrun the zombie(s) on lower level waves while searching simultaneously. The point is that these collectibles are relatively easy in comparison to the standard in other games, especially with the fact that there's always more of them set around than the trophy description actually ask you to find; if you find 9, there isn't only 1 left but multiple. And your profile says you have 411 platinum trophies, so surely... you could manage.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Good for you? I'm blind as a bat when it comes to spotting collectibles, especially when something is trying to eat my face while searching. 

Same here, except I did find a couple of them without the video. I was following the video and got lost on where the were and was running around and found a couple. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Sucks to be you, then? You can easily outrun the zombie(s) on lower level waves while searching simultaneously. The point is that these collectibles are relatively easy in comparison to the standard in other games, especially with the fact that there's always more of them set around than the trophy description actually ask you to find; if you find 9, there isn't only 1 left but multiple. And your profile says you have 411 platinum trophies, so surely... you could manage.

It's still faster and more efficient for some people to follow a video, rather than waste time looking for them. 

I agree with collectable videos being useless for KF2. Reason being, they follow a pattern. Behind a barrel (or similar prop), off in the inaccessible distance, or above your head. It's easy to guess where they are, and be right most of the time.

Also, these collectables, like in most games, promote exploration or checking out parts of the map you wouldn't have notice otherwise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

It's still faster and more efficient for some people to follow a video, rather than waste time looking for them. 

That's true—and that can be said for quite literally every single game that demands gathering collectibles for trophies—but it doesn't change what I said.

13 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Good for you? I'm blind as a bat when it comes to spotting collectibles, especially when something is trying to eat my face while searching. 

That one class of character who can regen health is great for it. I think it's the melee focused one. I always get wave 1 down to one enemy and then follow a video. Usually takes that long to find where the video starts since the game spawns you in different spots.

And sometimes I don't even know what the collectable to look out for is. Not all of them are the same. It's easier to find them on your own if you know what they look like. I still just follow a video now though. I got my natural searching over with when I got the platinum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

That's true—and that can be said for quite literally every single game that demands gathering collectibles for trophies—but it doesn't change what I said.

Then no guides are needed? You brought up my trophies, as if I don't use guides all the time. Helping others finish faster and putting their minds at ease that they won't miss something, makes it worth posting in my mind. There's no changing my mind, and most likely no changing yours. So any further debate seems pointless. 

• Like 1

again with complaining about this free trophies? Be thankful of the fact that they add ONLY the collectible one, and NOT the difficult related ones (beat the new map on Hell on Earth difficulty). And remember: no one obliges you in doing those extra trophies.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 2