Beast_Mode255

Not a Hero Unlockables

10 posts in this topic

I've heard a bunch of people saying that you get the "Easy Deflect" item from Professional mode, and I can confirm that's not true. I beat it on Easy mode the first time in 1:47:25. Then I did a Speedrun on Easy mode and got 31:32 and I got the "Easy Deflect" item unlocked. So it was on Easy mode, and you probably have to beat it in a certain amount of time to unlock it, like maybe under an hour. 

Also, I heard there is an item called "Thor's Hammer that you can get? I was wondering how do you get that and if anyone knows how many other unlockable items are there to obtain? Because I'm trying to beat it on Professional mode and I want all of the help I can get, cause Pro mode is damn hard, and all I have is "Easy Deflect" 

Thanks

I just realized Thors Hammer is the name of the Shotgun you get lol. But still, if anyone knows any of the other items you can unlock for Not a Hero and how to unlock them, I'd appreciate it!

Yeah, there's a new Thor's sight you get that you can use to replace your default one, which I got when I beat the game firstly in Normal mode. It reduces accuracy I think, but increases firepower. When I beat the game on Professional, I got the "infinite ammo" feature. Dunno if there's anything else I could get, like beating it under a specific amount of time perhaps, like you said. So you got the Easy Deflect, huh? I'll go for that then, though I won't need it lol I still haven't opened any of the boxes that are locked found in the game, that you need a lockpick to unlock with, but they probably just give you an antique coin or something. The Defense Coin and new Thor Hammer aim sight that I got did help me get through Pro a bit better, but man was the mode tricky nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

Yeah, there's a new Thor's sight you get that you can use to replace your default one, which I got when I beat the game firstly in Normal mode. It reduces accuracy I think, but increases firepower. When I beat the game on Professional, I got the "infinite ammo" feature. Dunno if there's anything else I could get, like beating it under a specific amount of time perhaps, like you said. So you got the Easy Deflect, huh? I'll go for that then, though I won't need it lol I still haven't opened any of the boxes that are locked found in the game, that you need a lockpick to unlock with, but they probably just give you an antique coin or something. The Defense Coin and new Thor Hammer aim sight that I got did help me get through Pro a bit better, but man was the mode tricky nonetheless. 

Yep, got it from beating it quickly on Easy mode. I also haven't used the lockpick on any of the locked chests they provide for you, but like you said probably just an antique coin or some shit lol. Any tips for beating it on Professional? I've only tried once so far but it seems VERY hard. And I've beaten Ethan Must Die in 7:42 so I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at RE7 lol

On 12/13/2017 at 6:56 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

Yep, got it from beating it quickly on Easy mode. I also haven't used the lockpick on any of the locked chests they provide for you, but like you said probably just an antique coin or some shit lol. Any tips for beating it on Professional? I've only tried once so far but it seems VERY hard. And I've beaten Ethan Must Die in 7:42 so I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at RE7 lol

Well, do try to bypass most enemies. A lot of times I restarted, but not even because I died, was because I got hurt, and I tried to not get hurt during the first couple of minutes during the playthrough. So if I got injured, restart, so to save health items, so to use them during the last moments of the DLC. The ending boss honestly kicked my ass. Didn't take me more than 20 mins. I actually did very well on my first try, but I forgot to move out of his insta-kill attack move, which he can get you from a good set distance actually. Boss did some stuff he never did to me before, cause it's easy to kill him in easy and normal mode, pretty quick even. But on pro, took me like 4 mins. to kill him when I finally did, so he was able to try to some moves on me that he never did before cause I always staggered him. Incendiary grenades and the special ammo type for the pistol helped me on evading his attacks. Try to use them when he's about to attack you, that way he staggers, and his weak spot shows. Also, it's actually bested you use the special ammo type during the first stage of his fight, that way you won't need to spend much ammo. I actually had a lot of ammo for pistol and shotgun, and I still found myself running out of them, because I didn't stagger him, he literally was a bullet sponge.  
Best you try to save ammo and health items. Try and get the steroids, to take more hits from the boss, cause his attacks are fucking nasty if you get hit by him. I saw people use the knife when taking care of enemies during first couple minutes of the game, but I just bypassed them altogether. Oh, to get steroids, you'll need 4 antique coins, and I only managed to find 4 out of 10 in pro, their locations move in Pro, so I hope you can find enough of them. There's a stabilizer behind a locked door, you'll need the key that you get from the clown mannequin. That door got the  clown drawing on it, the door is in the section where you need to enter with the upgraded mask filter, the area where it's all gassy.  That's what I did. If I got hurt during the first set of the DLC, I'd restart. When you get steroids, don't use it till you are low on health if possible, that way you won't use it and waste it on full health, just to max. out your health. Some enemies I found too tricky to avoid, so use neuron grenades to stun them. Save grenades that injure enemies for the tougher enemies. And the enemies that can be killed via one shot with the special type ammo, don't even bother dealing with them. Save the ammo for the last boss, so just avoid those enemies, easy to get by them anyways. That's about it. Yeah, I considered myself decent at the previous content of RE7, but Pro actually was more tactic-wise, had to really think. Guess that's why you unlock the difficulty mode when you finish the game, though locations of items are changed, and you do start with no guns lol The Last boss was a challenge cause I underestimated him. Just make sure to have had brought ammo and items of your own with you, you do get ammo in the boss room, but then you'll have to approach him more carefully so. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez

12 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

The goal here is to take it slow, surprisingly most of the random encounters can be skipped. Don't waste your time fighting the molded untill you receive your first helmet upgrade. 

As for the mama molded, hold some grenades before the fight, if I knew that before hand I'm certain my time with her would be easier. 

As for the final boss fight, try your best to finish his first phase quickly, the goal is indeed the same as normal difficulty, stay hidden or by the pillars to avoid his dash attack, rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Mah2c

Finishing Normal mode with all of the Antique Coins will get you a fast walk upgrade, same as the running shoes. The boxes you need a lock pick to open on have a few rounds of the ramrod ammo, its the same on Normal and Professional and not worth spend the time or effort to get them.

Thank you all for tips and info I appreciate it a lot! I was already thinking that skipping by most of the enemies was going to be pretty much necessary considering you start with just a damn knife! Lol but the final boss tips are really helpful to know going into beforehand. Damn this is going to be a challenge haha. 

One last thing, at what point do you finally get the handgun and the shotgun? 

If you go back out of the room in the toxic air area after the enemy spawns, close the door and wait a little before going back in, she won't be there anymore.

5 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

Thank you all for tips and info I appreciate it a lot! I was already thinking that skipping by most of the enemies was going to be pretty much necessary considering you start with just a damn knife! Lol but the final boss tips are really helpful to know going into beforehand. Damn this is going to be a challenge haha. 

One last thing, at what point do you finally get the handgun and the shotgun? 

I think the handgun you can get in the room in where there is a pushable cart, that you kick so it can break down a blockage so that you can follow the path. Before you push the mining cart, like, when you're facing it, right on the left is a handgun, on top of a barrel. Not hard to miss. And the shotgun, you get in the room in where there's lasers everywhere, the mines, in where the second guy from your squad you're trying to save is placed at. Shotgun is on a shelf, I think it was near the level you need to interact with to shut down the lasers in the room. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez