should i install new 1.18 patch?

melodicmizery

heres the notes https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?78466-12-11-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-13-in-Submission

but they usually never say if they fix glitches and etc. i got most of the hard stuff out of the way so im not worried about to much. the only trophy im worried about is the height trophy which i cant seem to stack enough objects to get that high without them breaking on me for some reason. once i let the patch update i cant go back since i have it digital.

thoughts? anything added worth noticing or anything taken away that anyone has noticed. i wonder if they fixed any of the other glitches. i havent needed to use the workbench glitch because i been hoarding like crazy but itd still be nice to know its there if i need it

also found this vid about the update form their twitter about to watch it now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=2Sd2qVUDDyQ

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FreeSpark22 said:

If you haven't got the player kills trophies out of the way using the trader glitch, I would do that before updating.

Although not mentioned in the patch notes, it's possible they've removed it.

i got that out of the way i think first, the only thing i have left is distance, zombie kills, and the height trophy i think. been grinding all day all week.

i just noticed watching the pc version that man they have alot more then console does thats for sure. i prob put 100 hours into this game already and pretty much only explored maybe 35% of my map lol. i guess im most worried about the height trophy. i cant seem to get that high building anything. and i havent found a answer to if there is a skyscraper on random gen maps that i could climb up and that counts. the trophy guide isnt very descriptive. i dunno if i could just find a huge mountain and itll pop or if i have to build something that high in the air. 

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

i got that out of the way i think first, the only thing i have left is distance, zombie kills, and the height trophy i think. been grinding all day all week.

i just noticed watching the pc version that man they have alot more then console does thats for sure. i prob put 100 hours into this game already and pretty much only explored maybe 35% of my map lol. i guess im most worried about the height trophy. i cant seem to get that high building anything. and i havent found a answer to if there is a skyscraper on random gen maps that i could climb up and that counts. the trophy guide isnt very descriptive. i dunno if i could just find a huge mountain and itll pop or if i have to build something that high in the air. 

Is there something added in a patch that stops you getting the height trophy?

I did it over a year ago so not sure if anythings changed, but I did it just by building up a giant tower from wooden blocks

3 minutes ago, FreeSpark22 said:

Is there something added in a patch that stops you getting the height trophy?

I did it over a year ago so not sure if anythings changed, but I did it just by building up a giant tower from wooden blocks

im not sure since im new to the game but it seems like it maybe has already been patched or something. no matter what i do i get about 60km and i cant build crates any higher, they just break. so im not sure if it was already fixed or whats going on. but if it hasnt been fixed, then im worried about this new patch fixing it. ive tried stacking hay also and that doesnt work. my lasst resort i guess would be to try stacking some sort of cement blocks which i havent even dabbled with the mixer yet. 

ive even tried going on top of a 4 floor buildings rooftop to give me extra height and build up there and everytime it says about 60km it breaks. i have no clue why

Just now, melodicmizery said:

im not sure since im new to the game but it seems like it maybe has already been patched or something. no matter what i do i get about 60km and i cant build crates any higher, they just break. so im not sure if it was already fixed or whats going on. but if it hasnt been fixed, then im worried about this new patch fixing it. ive tried stacking hay also and that doesnt work. my lasst resort i guess would be to try stacking some sort of cement blocks which i havent even dabbled with the mixer yet. 

ive even tried going on top of a 4 floor buildings rooftop to give me extra height and build up there and everytime it says about 60km it breaks. i have no clue why

Have you tried using regular stone blocks? Also, could try making the tower wider, 5x5 or something.

Just now, FreeSpark22 said:

Have you tried using regular stone blocks? Also, could try making the tower wider, 5x5 or something.

not yet, i was going to do it as my last trophy since i dont have enough resources to make alot of solid blocks right now. but im hoping that works.

ive also read about 4 other people having the same collapse issue. even when building floors on their building. and found no answer. im not sure if its just happening to random people or what. it seems like they might have some kind of code where you cant stack a certain object more then x amount of times. maybe ill try switch from hay to wood back and forth and see if that works

On 12/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, Leenewbe said:

i did this easily on my alt and this acc by building the wood frames, jumping and placing one on top of the other

Reveal hidden contents

2n6u0xi.jpg

it wont work for me, i get about 60m high and then every once i place collapses at the top. doesnt matter where i am it won go any higher then a certain amount. the very top block after putting down like 20 just breaks every single time. i tried reenforcing it and everything

how long ago did you do it, because im wondering if its been patched or something.

Edited by melodicmizery

holy crap i finally did it, i did it but holding r2 and not pausing like msot of the guides say, just do it as fast as possible because if you character slightly moves at all from the edge it will stop everytime at 60m. as long as the character doesnt move and you hold down r2 and keep tapping x fast as possible it will work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

holy crap i finally did it, i did it but holding r2 and not pausing like msot of the guides say, just do it as fast as possible because if you character slightly moves at all from the edge it will stop everytime at 60m. as long as the character doesnt move and you hold down r2 and keep tapping x fast as possible it will work.

thats good, guess i just held it down naturally whilst jumping due to doing it from playing so much minecraft.

• Like 1