So it looks like X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool are coming to the MCU

Mosik_YP

So big news for fellow MCU fans is that Disney are buying out Fox and the rights for X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool will be with Marvel Studios.

Personally I'm really excited to see where this goes, I would love to see Wolverine in the MCU, its just a shame its not going to be Hugh Jackman but still looking forward to it nevertheless.

More info

This fantastic news. Can't wait to see the Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU. I doubt they'll include Deadpool as they aim to keep the movies directed towards a younger audience and Deadpool works because of the R rating. 

Edited by Kent10201

This is phenomenal news. Maybe now we can finally get a proper portrayal of Dr. Doom. The MCU will need a villain to follow up Thanos and Doom is the perfect candidate. Hopefully we can get some better X-Men films as well. Aside from Logan, the X-Men movies have been on a decline for me. Disney should also keep Deadpool as is, although tying him into the MCU might not work. This is also good news for MvCI since we may very well see some staple characters like Doom, Wolverine and Deadpool return as DLC. It might be exactly what the game needs to attract more players.

I just hope Disney doesn't change anything with Deadpool because of "image issues."  Disney is always worried about their image of family fun and Deadpool is  as raunchy and dirty as it gets. I'd hate to see Deadpool get scaled back and become just a Disney clown because I really enjoyed the movie and loved that they pushed the limit on it. That's my fear.

Good news though is Fantastic Four can only get better from here. X-Men was up and down, but hopefully they'll mix it into the Marvel universe seamlessly.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I've had an idea that they could do if they wanted to incorporate the X-men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool back into MCU (movie-wise).  And that would be do a movie arc involving Onslaught.  Since in the comics it took a combined effort of the X-men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers to stop him, Onslaught would be a perfect villain for all of them.

1 minute ago, AvengedEvil said:

Would be awesome if Hugh Jackman would reprise his role as Wolverine but sadly, this ain't gonna happen.

Would be also interesting to know what happens when Captain America meets the Human Torch for the first time, as Chris Evans played 'em both.

Deadpool would have so much fun with that team-up.

Edited by locutus442

Disney won't change R-rated movies. Bob Iger has personally stated this. Not to mention, have people seen the Punisher? Disney is most definitely not against R/MA ratings.

Starship Troopers, Bad Santa, Enemy of the State; all Disney published. They're not just into making cartoons and family-friendly fun. They're into what makes money.

Buy Disney shares while they're still relatively low vs the rest of the market!

I doubt we'll see another Fantastic Four movie. They ended the comic to spite Fox. I doubt they're going to make a comic book movie based on a comic book that doesn't exist anymore.

They could relaunch the book, see if there's demand or if the die hards come back... and then make another movie, but that probably won't be for a long long time lol.

15 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I doubt we'll see another Fantastic Four movie. They ended the comic to spite Fox. I doubt they're going to make a comic book movie based on a comic book that doesn't exist anymore.

They could relaunch the book, see if there's demand or if the die hards come back... and then make another movie, but that probably won't be for a long long time lol.

I certainly hope to see Fantastic Four make a return, I enjoyed the Franklin Richards plotline considering his power level makes him one of few individuals capable of taking out Thanos.

12 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

Would be awesome if Hugh Jackman would reprise his role as Wolverine but sadly, this ain't gonna happen.

I read once that apparently he would've loved to reprise his role as Wolverine in The Avengers if they were to make a deal.  But yeah, not sure now, especially after his contract has ended as Wolverine.

But hey, you never know if there's to be another Avengers movie after both Infinity War and the other one after that, if they'll use Wolverine and ask Hugh Jackman to reprise his role there.

12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I just hope Disney doesn't change anything with Deadpool because of "image issues."  Disney is always worried about their image of family fun and Deadpool is  as raunchy and dirty as it gets. I'd hate to see Deadpool get scaled back and become just a Disney clown because I really enjoyed the movie and loved that they pushed the limit on it. That's my fear.

Good news though is Fantastic Four can only get better from here. X-Men was up and down, but hopefully they'll mix it into the Marvel universe seamlessly.

Disney also loves money and the movie made a lot of money. So we'll see, they did establish Buena Vista at the time to publish the more "raunchy" things that didn't sit well with the "Disney" brand on them.