Pirates of the Caribbean Level Pack is about to be removed!

paczek321

Thank you for this information, do you have a source or sth else, because I dont know which dlcs belong to disney (the disney own a lot of things now), which are needed for the other lbp titles

Best! Thank you for the source

Edited by T-100

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DA9linP said:

I just followed the same method and can confirm you can still get the DLC via GAMESPOT. However I am in the UK and I can't seem to access it or find it? Anyone able to help?

You can only redeem the code on the US store, and as your account is tied to the UK store you would need a US account on your Playstation 3 to redeem and play it. So perhaps you have an American friend, real or imaginary, who could log their account on your PS3 and let you play their copy of the game. That being said, you also need either a digital US copy of LBP or a US disc for the DLC to work.

19 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

You can only redeem the code on the US store, and as your account is tied to the UK store you would need a US account on your Playstation 3 to redeem and play it. So perhaps you have an American friend, real or imaginary, who could log their account on your PS3 and let you play their copy of the game. That being said, you also need either a digital US copy of LBP or a US disc for the DLC to work.

Right, okay I think I get what you mean...

So I created a "real" american friend on my PS3 and set up an US PSN account. I have redeemed the code but the DLC is region locked so I can't access it. 

However if I was able to buy the digital game from the US store would I be able to play that version with my UK profile and still unlock the trophies that way? 

As a new years resolution I am trying to 100% my PSN profile and this would be the only thing preventing me from doing it if I can't get the Pirates DLC to work on my UK profile. The other thing is that I don't want to buy the US digital game and then have to earn all the trophies I've got so far again and have 2 LBP trophy lists on my profile. 

Thanks for your help!

16 minutes ago, DA9linP said:

So I created a "real" american friend on my PS3 and set up an US PSN account. I have redeemed the code but the DLC is region locked so I can't access it. 

However if I was able to buy the digital game from the US store would I be able to play that version with my UK profile and still unlock the trophies that way? 

Yes, either the digital game or a physical copy works. Basically if you log into the store and see the DLC in the download list, then the full game purchased on that store is compatible with it. I think LBP is still like $20 on the US store when it's not on sale.

I don't think you'll be able to use your save though, but you can earn all trophies. Basically you'll have to play through the first level, after which you can play the DLC and do the online trophies such as playing levels with water and publishing one (although I believe that trophy requires playing one of the levels).

5 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yes, either the digital game or a physical copy works. Basically if you log into the store and see the DLC in the download list, then the full game purchased on that store is compatible with it. I think LBP is still like $20 on the US store when it's not on sale.

I don't think you'll be able to use your save though, but you can earn all trophies. Basically you'll have to play through the first level, after which you can play the DLC and do the online trophies such as playing levels with water and publishing one (although I believe that trophy requires playing one of the levels).

Will do that then!

Thanks for your help!

Hey guys!

I'm not from US, neither from Europe, so I can't buy from GameStop. So, if anyone could buy me a code from GameStop, that would be great. I will pay $11 (6 for code and 5 for your time) to this kind gentleman via PayPal.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys, I just purchased the code on BestBuy and I'm in the UK. If anybody is still struggling with this I can post how I did it to help.

My next question is, how do I go about playing this? I've read that because the code is a US code I wont be able to use it with my UK version of the game, is this correct? If so, whats my best course here, do I redeem the code on my UK account or do I make a US PSN account and redeem it there? 

Any help is appreciated, it was a pain getting the code so I don't want to waste it and not be able to get the trophies.