Patch disables trophies in free-play mode

dernop

It seems like the patch disables trophies in free play mode, which makes the game way longer and more random than it has to be.

Free play is the only game mode where you can freely choose a game to play, to clean up the remaining trophies after the three playthroughs. 

The games in the show mode are random so you have to get lucky there if you're just missing one game in the end.

I deinstalled the patch and played the remaining games in free play on the base (disc) version and the trophies unlocked normally, which makes cleanup really fast.

So if this wasn't just a glitch but indeed intended, owners of the digital version will have a longer and more annoying road to platinum unfortunately! :(

Everything can be done/boosted with two controllers locally btw, just make mistakes etc with player 2 so that your main account (player1) quickly wins all games.

Good luck!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Smashero said:

This one is in German only, right?

I still have "Schlag den Raab: Das 3. Spiel" for PS3 waiting on my shelf ;).

hey smash! ;)

yes, it's german only, unfortunately, but I'd say it's very much doable without knowing german. At least most of it. Some games are a bit random or luck based if you do them blindly tho.

You can cheese/boost most of the game by just losing with player 2, which can often even be done by spamming X on controller 2 or just letting time run out.

Many mini-games have a "buzzer" system, so you buzz with player2 and either give a wrong answer out of the four (if you happen to know the correct one, otherwise it's still a 75% chance to get it wrong) :P or you simply let the timer run out, so player1 gets the point.

It seems the game autosaves at the beginning of a mini-game only, so you could just quit out if you're about to lose i guess, but i didn't (have to) test that ;)

Almost all trophies are for winning the specific mini-games plus three "story" trophies for playing: A full game, half game and best of three.

If you win all of the minigames you don't even have to finish the show, since the game will stop if there are not enough points left for player2 to win. Not sure about the full game, but in the half game you only have to win 5 games and best of three you only have to win two, obviously.

The mini-games are random, so you will have some duplicates most likely and are missing some when you're done with your three playthroughs. Those can then quickly be cleaned up in free-play mode (at least without the patch, as mentioned).

All that took me 2:40h and i even made some mistakes, the game crashed twice and i had to reinstall it because of the patch. so quite a quick'n'easy plat, at least with knowledge of german. :)

If you try it out and decide to "brute-force" yourself through it, i'd love to hear how it worked out for a non-german... let me know! 

Oh and i never did those games for the PS3 so far, i heard they are super random/luck-based and somewhat infuriating. :P

• Like 1

Hey Dernop!

Yeah, after all of those years which I have spent working with Germans and even studying German language for 2 years, I still can't say more than "Warten Sie, bitte" und "Sche*ße!"

Kidding, it's not that bad, but for sure not enough to complete such game in a "legit" way.

Thank you very much for all the tips! For sure will become handy if I will decide to go for it. Maybe you would like to sell it if still own it?

Gruß!

Edited by Smashero