Pokémon Crystal coming to 3DS Virtual Console in January

ShadowStar83x

Pokémon Crystal will be coming to the 3DS VC on January 28. There will be a small difference from the original game: you can catch Celebi after beating the Elite Four.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/14/pokemon-crystal-coming-to-3ds-eshop-in-january

Crystal is one of my favorite of the Pokémon games, so happy about this!

Pokémon Crystal was fun, would be cool to eventually see these games on the Switch as well.

On 15/12/2017 at 0:10 AM, EternalChaos72 said:

The whole wireless trading sounds amazing when it comes to trading. For someone who hasn't played a nintendo console in light years, can someone tell me what the latest handheld is called? I'm seriously considering going back to the pokemon games to fill the dex :) 

Depends on how you look at it. The 3DS (New/XL) is still the latest dedicated handheld console, and it has a lot of Pokémon ganes for it, both new and ports of older ones.

The Switch is promoted as a hybrid home/handheld console, but speaking as someone who has owned one from day one, it looks and feels as a powerful handheld that happens to have a dock to play on the television. It doesn't have Pokémon games yet (not counting Pokken DX, which is a fighting game with Pokémon characters) but the first new mainline Pokémon game is a Switch exclusive, which would suggest that the 3DS will not get any new games any more as the Pokémon devs never had a cross-console release.

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite Pokémon game and the one I invested more time when I was a kid. The fact that you can get Celebi really rocks!

Still, I don't know if I will ever buy an old Pokémon game for the 3DS. I'm not the kind of person to replay games that I already finished, sometimes even if long time ago.

Buuut... Still looking forward to it. Might buy it someday, who knows. :) The fact that you can trade online this time is really awesome.