A New Protagonist tropy tips.

DarkAnimaa

I read every post and it's old but I thought to add what I did.

1.  I held Circle to attack almost the entire fight and watched below Ignis.  If the counter icon pops up I hit square and hold O.  Holding O hits the counter attack and immediately rolls back into attacking.

If Noctis starts dodging every attack just keep holding O because he might run out of mp that way.   Especially in phase 1.

2.  I used the Jump tech 3x when Noctis activated Armiger. 

3. If he jumps up on the roof use the lightning clarity attack and run out of range to try and get him to jump down.

4.  If he hangs from a sign I just used a lightning clarity attack every time.  I found the L2 option to pull down the sign wouldn't appear quick enough half the time.

5. I don't think items have been mentioned much.  I use potions to heal until my max hp was too low to be able to counter attack.  When max hp gets too low using a healing item is a waste because your hp is still too low to be able to counter. Then I would use an elixer.  After using the 2 elixers when your hp gets too low to counter, let him kill you so you can use a phoenix down to get max hp back.

The trick here is if Noctis is in the final stage, while trying to get him to kill you keep a close eye out if he starts using the ring.  If he does you need to immediately activate clarity to get a few hp back so you can attack and interrupt the ring.  Otherwise once he knocks you down (takes a bit) the Phoenix down is essentially an elixer.

If Ravus shows up I would back off and hit Noctis with lightning clarity attacks and use the Ravus tech when you can.  While you might have used too much time it's still possible to get the trophy.

Edited by big_bob002

• 2 months later...

I managed to beat him in my 6th try (i couldn't even get him below 30% health in the first 5 attempts). My highest combo was 13 or 14 but at the end i had 1.040.000 points. 670.000 from battle time and 370.000 from evasion score. The combo score had zero points. So combo doesn't matter. I believe Noctis is harder than Cor ( i beat him at 5th try). Counterstrike was crucial. Also at the end some weird thing happened. Gladio and Prompto joined the fight. I don't know if they were hitting me or Noctis because i was in a corner with Noct and i was just hitting :square: and :circle:

I remember you have to have a combo over 30 to get the A+ Rank, took me several attempts to get down his moves and patterns, plus it's like he wouldn't give up at the end, even with his energy gone. I have 2 different certificates saved both times I beat him, 1 with the trophy, the other I screenshot it.

The first time I did it I forgot to do the high combo, I got a B Rank, Total Score of 610,145 - Tutor to the King, with a time of 00:14:29.

Right after I got the A+ Rank, Total Score of 1,064,711 - Hand of the King, with a time of 00:14:52.

Not sure if time is a factor, because both times I beat Noct was under 15 minutes. But I know for a fact that without the combos, you will not get the High Score. I've 100% this whole game, I can tell you that this was the hardest Trophy for me to get.

Edited by Nitemares-----

6 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I remember you have to have a combo over 30 to get the A+ Rank, took me several attempts to get down his moves and patterns, plus it's like he wouldn't give up at the end, even with his energy gone. I have 2 different certificates saved both times I beat him, 1 with the trophy, the other I screenshot it.

The first time I did it I forgot to do the high combo, I got a B Rank, Total Score of 610,145 - Tutor to the King, with a time of 00:14:29.

Right after I got the A+ Rank, Total Score of 1,064,711 - Hand of the King, with a time of 00:14:52.

Not sure if time is a factor, because both times I beat Noct was under 15 minutes. But I know for a fact that without the combos, you will not get the High Score. I've 100% this whole game, I can tell you that this was the hardest Trophy for me to get.

I had zero points from combo and still scored 1040000. I would upload the trophy screenshot but it just shows the certificate and not the score screen