Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StrickenBiged

HELP: What's that game called?

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to Google a game that I used to play as a little kid on my PC but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Then I realised, some other people might have this problem from time to time and there might be call for a thread for it so that we can help one another to figure out what it is that we're trying to remember. This is that thread. Post what you can remember about the game that you're trying to identify, and hope that someone else will read your entry and help you. 

Here's mine to start us off:

Ok, so I am trying to identify a PC game that I played as a kid. We're talking 1990s. I think concurrent games might have included Diablo 1, but I can't be certain. 

The game was a 3d adventure game with basic combat, puzzle solving and a quest to, I think, save the planet?

You payed as a humanoid guy in a blue tunic. I think you had a long top-knot hairstyle. One of the weapons I remember distinctly was a red bouncy ball, which you could use to bop enemies or hit levers, etc, for puzzle solving. The world was alien, I think, so some characters were not human, some were. I think your character had a wife or girlfriend who was maybe kidnapped also? 

The name of the game was something like Little Big Planet, but obviously was not Little Big Planet, if you know what I mean. I think it had that many syllables or a similar theme to the name or something. Little Big Planet is the name that I can't stop coming into my head when I try to think of this game though. It might also have been a sequel in a franchise.

Can anyone think of the game that I'm trying to remember?

This sounds a little bit like Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, but I doubt that's it. xD 

@Ric @MomentsInTime OMG that's it! Thank you both!

The thread works!

Edit: I knew there was a reason Little Big ... kept coming to mind.

Edited by StrickenBiged

I am glad it worked :D And i know the feeling.. some days ago I was trying to remember the same.. but the game i used to play was Commander Keen. It was hard to dig that in my mind lol.

3932.jpg