Criminal Mastermind IV Resetting

Hogie838

We called Lester to clear wanted level first time and thought that caused it, but have not done it since. Neither have we used trip skip. After a set up a message appears to say it has been reset... for no reason. Really p!$$ed off now.

11 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

having trouble, yes...has reset about 10 times now trying different combos of solutions...i sent a ticket to r* last night...see if they respond...will record footage tonight... 

Don't hold your breath. I sent a ticket 2 days ago and no reply.

6 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

what is your host's status when starting setup?...and the rest of your team?...ceo, vip, mc leader?...everyone on team associate or bodyguard beforehand?...starting setup lobby from heist planning room in facility, invite on phone, etc?...possibly important questions, possibly not...

Yes as @tsavi984 said. I am CEO, I invite my team first to my session then to my facility. I then make them associates. We do all the prep work then and start the set ups. After 1 or 2 setups we get notified that Criminal Mastermind has been reset. We don’t call Lester to remove wanted level nor do we tripskip. None of us have died so I can’t see any reason for it not to work....

3 hours ago, rasenken69 said:

Im trying a 2 man heist as a host and I do everything perfectly , yet every god damn time im done with the first set up it resets my mm to 0 and the friend playing would have 2 in the progress . What the fuck

This is what keeps happening to us too. We started days ago on a 3P CM run got all the way to i believe Act 3 set up 2 and one guys progress reset. So out of curiosity Sunday night we tried a 2P CM run, every time we got to first set up either one or both of our stats reset to 0. We didn't call Lester, we didn't buy anything for the preps, started in the same session, we both has turns at being CEO and the other an associate, we didn't die (even had runs on preps that we didn't die on). Tried again last night and still the same things happening.

just did a run that ended on 13/29...we tried closing app and one person in our group was slow so had their challenge reset while myself and the 3rd player were still at 13/29...so apparently all players closing app can work to save progress if executed quickly upon one person dying... 

on the topic of the challenge randomly being reset, either:

1- r* has fixed the bug that was causing it (which occurred about a dozen times to us over the past few days for no apparent reason) or...

2- we've found a solution... 

if 1 is the case, please disregard the rest of this post...

if 2 is the case, here is the fix:

start in a public lobby...invite the friend(s) you are going to do the challenge with...the host signs up as vip/ceo/mc leader and others join as bodyguards...all players meet in host's facility heist planning room...complete the prep missions...after completing the prep, the host goes to single player and starts an invite only lobby...once again, invite friend(s), take on the roles of vip/bodyguards, and meet up in heist room...do the setups and finales from here...once the act is complete return to public lobbies and repeat the above process...

no random criminal mastermind resets tonight with this method...yay!...hope it helps... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4

We found a solution, you have to do the prep, then the setup. So prep, setup, prep, setup etc... also the counter will count a prep as a completed mission in the awards tracker, however it will adjust this after completing the next setup. So for instance during act 1 after the second setup (2 prep and 2 setups) it will say 4/29, however this doesn’t make sense - as only 2 setups have been competed. So the game shall readjust itself after a while. Also I recommend continuing the challenge if the notification appears, as we had the issue with the original heists cmm, but it was still awarded at the end of the challenge; despite not being tracked.

Also prep must be done manually for the award, and I’m unsure as to whether skip trip voids the challenge.

Edited by Wxddlindan

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

just did a run that ended on 13/29...we tried closing app and one person in our group was slow so had their challenge reset while myself and the 3rd player were still at 13/29...so apparently all players closing app can work to save progress if executed quickly upon one person dying... 

on the topic of the challenge randomly being reset, either:

1- r* has fixed the bug that was causing it (which occurred about a dozen times to us over the past few days for no apparent) or...

2- we've found a solution... 

if 1 is the case, please disregard the rest of this post...

if 2 is the case, here is the fix:

start in a public lobby...invite the friend(s) you are going to do the challenge with...the host signs up as vip/ceo/mc leader and others join as bodyguards...all players meet in host's facility heist planning room...complete the prep missions...after completing the prep, the host goes to single player and starts an invite only lobby...once again, invite friend(s), take on the roles of vip/bodyguards, and meet up in heist room...do the setups and finales from here...once the act is complete return to public lobbies and repeat the above process...

no random criminal mastermind resets tonight with this method...yay!...hope it helps... 

Thank you I will try this later :)

started a 4-man run this morning using the above method and so far so good, no resets...we have been super careful in assuring that everyone is an associate of the leader, is in the heist planning room before starting all preps, setups, and finales, and that we have a +1 in the stats menu after each completed mission...12/29 now...will update later when we continue... 

we had one person disconnect during a mission and all closed app quickly and progress was saved...so far, no deaths so no comment on closing app if someone dies but it did seem to work for us yesterday in a separate run if done quickly by all parties... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

started a 4-man run this morning using the above method and so far so good, no resets...we have been super careful in assuring that everyone is an associate of the leader, is in the heist planning room before starting all preps, setups, and finales, and that we have a +1 in the stats menu after each completed mission...12/29 now...will update later when we continue... 

we had one person disconnect during a mission and all closed app quickly and progress was saved...so far, no deaths so no comment on closing app if someone dies but it did seem to work for us yesterday in a separate run if done quickly by all parties... 

Good to know that it looks as though you have a fix, thanks for the info.

Are R* not at least acknowledging there is a problem and letting people know they are working on a fix? As for all this messing around making sure to do this and that - just to be safe is painful. The thought of getting near the end of Act III and have it reset is just a nightmare. Is it worth the trouble!?

13 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Thanks for sharing.

It looks like for each Act, you're doing all preps first, then doing the setups after all preps are done.  And you're saying this doesn't affect the Criminal Mastermind challenge progress? (Don't they have to be in strict order? That is, prep -> setup, prep -> setup, etc).

42 minutes ago, vinster said:

Thanks for sharing.

It looks like for each Act, you're doing all preps first, then doing the setups after all preps are done.  And you're saying this doesn't affect the Criminal Mastermind challenge progress? (Don't they have to be in strict order? That is, prep -> setup, prep -> setup, etc).

It does not affect the challenge and is recommended doing all preps then setups and finale so that you do do preps in public lobbies and switch to invite only sessions for the rest of the act... 

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Are R* not at least acknowledging there is a problem and letting people know they are working on a fix? As for all this messing around making sure to do this and that - just to be safe is painful. The thought of getting near the end of Act III and have it reset is just a nightmare. Is it worth the trouble!?

Haven't seen them acknowledge anything yet... 

**update: a fellow criminal mastermind runner has said that in spite of following the above method I laid out that progress was randomly reset...i would appreciate feedback from others if anyone is bold enough to potentially waste a few hours on a cm run...so far it has worked for my group on two separate runs so this is all I have to go off...consider this paragraph a disclaimer...it would also seem that internet quality has an impact on progress so might be wise to avoid this challenge for the time being if you have subpar internet speeds...

Edited by ProfBambam55

My group has had no luck. We keep getting reset. I haven't tried your full method in full ProfBambam55. I've done everything except invite my group in pvt for setups. I'm not even sure if that will help, but I was really hoping that was a sign of relief. Rockstar rushed to fix their coding error when the DLC 1st launched. People could die and wouldn't lose their progress. Now it's patched but it's absolute garbage because people can't even get the challenge done.

We need to all stand up and unite and submit support tickets! Yes we will get annoying responses. Every voice is counted. https://support.rockstargames.com

I wasn't even trying to get any of the criminal mastermind challenges, but my partial progress got reset once for no reason, the mission/setup that would have broken the progress actually never started because I backed out of my (empty) lobby. Then it said the progress was reset after I was put back into free mode.

Just a note on entering the planning room together: 

Take extra care to enter the Planning Room together before Finales, as a cutscene will begin playing automatically for anyone in the Facility as soon as the Heist Leader enters their Planning Room.

I was outside the planning room but inside the leader's facility when this happened to me. Didn't think much of it but we completed the finale and I found my progress had been reset when I checked afterwards.

Can't say for sure whether not being in the planning room when the cutscene starts has anything to do with my progress resetting, but thought it was noteworthy, since progress reset for me and none of my teammates, who were all in the planning room when the cutscene started.