Getting $%&@ed at the Drive Thru

PSXtreme_

Just wanted to let everyone know...if you pick up the Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition now you can expect to get #@$%ed in the poop chute. The 2 included Destiny expansions, along with The Taken King add-on content was acquired via a voucher...which conveniently just happened to expire 9/15/17. Even buying games new anymore doesn't mean you get what is advertised on the packaging. I'm REALLY getting tired of these corporations chasing the ^#%@ing $$$$, milking every %#^ing dime outta the industry then giving us 1/2 finished products and hardware crashing games released weeks behind schedule...then drip, drip, dripping out the rest of the game for the next two years...only to pull the online support for the title 6 weeks later after they cannibalize the developing company while crying poverty due to piracy. This money hungry stance is the MAIN reason why I haven't yet upgraded to the current generation, along with the required monthly fee for PS+ just to go online...now I've reached a point where I just may say ^%#& it and go back to start playing all the PSOne & PS2 games I have sitting back in the PlayStation room...there is only something like 3000 games I haven't completed sitting back there...I think that might keep me occupied for a few weeks.../sarcasm

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Contact Sony and they might replace your DLC codes with new ones, just provide the proof of purchase.

I just bought Destiny Collection Edition last week from amazon and had a similar incident (not really).

Before buying the game I read some reviews and some people claimed that their DLC codes were also expired - I still gave it a shot and got brand new codes that expire sometime in late 2018.

You can't really blame anyone for this...retailers order thousands of game copies and sometimes don't sell everything.

I mean, at the end of the day you are buying almost a 3 years old game (and not even the latest edition, which is a Collection Edition)...digital codes DO expire you know.

ps. so your rant about the gaming industry is somewhat...meh

Edited by Skadanton
bolded the most important part...
  • Like 2

That's rough. I'm usually all for buying a physical copy, but this is one case where it would've been better to buy the digital version. I mean, the game is online only, so it's not like having a physical copy is really going to matter in the long run, and the digital copy doesn't have any vouchers that can expire either. Next time you go to buy a game like this, definitely consider your options. 

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Just wanted to let everyone know...if you pick up the Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition now you can expect to get #@$%ed in the poop chute. The 2 included Destiny expansions, along with The Taken King add-on content was acquired via a voucher...which conveniently just happened to expire 9/15/17. Even buying games new anymore doesn't mean you get what is advertised on the packaging. I'm REALLY getting tired of these corporations chasing the ^#%@ing $$$$, milking every %#^ing dime outta the industry then giving us 1/2 finished products and hardware crashing games released weeks behind schedule...then drip, drip, dripping out the rest of the game for the next two years...only to pull the online support for the title 6 weeks later after they cannibalize the developing company while crying poverty due to piracy. This money hungry stance is the MAIN reason why I haven't yet upgraded to the current generation, along with the required monthly fee for PS+ just to go online...now I've reached a point where I just may say ^%#& it and go back to start playing all the PSOne & PS2 games I have sitting back in the PlayStation room...there is only something like 3000 games I haven't completed sitting back there...I think that might keep me occupied for a few weeks.../sarcasm

I normally don't like to judge people by their age, but I think it's safe to say you're one of the oldest members on these forums.

I can definitely see why those who grew up with arcade machines, Atari 2600s and NES consoles are disgusted with the current state of gaming.

Personally I take the best of all generations. It doesn't matter to me if I play Pong from 1972 or the newest God of War game set to release in 2018, as long as I enjoy the games I will play them.

Sadly I think the Sony exclusives are the only things I've been all that impressed with in this generation. I mentioned before in two other topics that I personally think this generation is mostly about releasing remakes and remasters and not so much coming up with an innovative product. AAA gaming isn't about creativity anymore as much as it is about profits.

Thankfully there are plenty of newer indie games out there that have proven to be hidden gems. But there is plenty of crap in indie games as well. You just got to take the best of both and go with it.

Well, I don't understand why PS codes have an expiration date to begin with. It's not like you could use it multiple times anyways. Why does it matter if I use it today or 2 years later? Too entice me to play your micro-transaction-riddled game while it's still relevant? Lol.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, I don't understand why PS codes have an expiration date to begin with. It's not like you could use it multiple times anyways. Why does it matter if I use it today or 2 years later? Too entice me to play your micro-transaction-riddled game while it's still relevant? Lol.

This is exactly how I feel.  There's a law that prevents gift cards from expiring, the same should be put into effect for PAID vouchers.  Freebies are not the same thing so I don't have a problem with them expiring, but when you pay money for something, it should never expire.  It's not like Sony needs to worry about a limit of voucher permutations.   With 12 characters, using numbers and letters, there's thousands of trillions (or quintillions) of combinations.  Plus, as they're used, Sony can always re-purpose them months or years down the line.

Just an update to the saga of the expired Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition code....

I called PSN this morning, after being transferred to a supervisor, it was told to me that there was nothing that Sony could do and that I needed to contact Bungie (and for those that want that number it's 855-558-2333). Bungie told me that it wasn't their fault and that I needed to contact Wal-Mart. Since the game package is opened, I already know what Wal-Mart's response is going to be (we don't reimburse opened media) so I guess I've been officially screwed over.

NOW, after all this chaos, (I'm STILL downloading the update of over 10 gig from yesterday afternoon and haven't played one second of the game yet) I'm going to bet that this game sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls...Nevertheless, I'll definitely NEVER purchase another Bungie product again...not even something used where they get no profits from the sale...and I'm now seriously thinking about not following up with the expansion to the new generation at all. I used to enjoy gaming before the companies ruined it with the advent of the HDD and all it allows with updating games and expansion packs.....

Image result for they fuck you at the drive thru

@PSXtreme_ Sony's customer service is set up to discourage refunds, so they always say no at first. Keep pestering them until they cave in. Get belligerent if you have to. They'll give in eventually. More than likely, they'll act like they're doing you a favor.

Also, your Destiny experience probably won't be all that great. Don't make the mistake thinking Destiny is about the campaign. Destiny is a social game and is meant to be played with friends or, at least, not alone. At this point in the game's life cycle, you're going to have trouble finding people to do anything with aside from the occasional random.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

\Also, your Destiny experience probably won't be all that great. Don't make the mistake thinking Destiny is about the campaign. Destiny is a social game and is meant to be played with friends or, at least, not alone. At this point in the game's life cycle, you're going to have trouble finding people to do anything with aside from the occasional random.

So far, I've leveled up to level 4 and completed the second mission and it's rather boring so far. The environments are barren, with very little in pick-ups and enemies. The AI is embarrassing...all you need to do to beat the computer is keep playing wack-a-mole and keep popping up and out from cover then back again to clean out the enemies....

I never played Halo or anything else Bungie had developed before, this is my 1st experience with them and I can honestly say that if this doesn't improve drastically, they have been highly over-rated as a game developer...as for the social aspect...I don't play games for that. I'm only looking for relaxation. I much prefer NOT to play with others so I can explore and progress at my speed not at that of the "pack."

16 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

So far, I've leveled up to level 4 and completed the second mission and it's rather boring so far. The environments are barren, with very little in pick-ups and enemies. The AI is embarrassing...all you need to do to beat the computer is keep playing wack-a-mole and keep popping up and out from cover then back again to clean out the enemies....

I never played Halo or anything else Bungie had developed before, this is my 1st experience with them and I can honestly say that if this doesn't improve drastically, they have been highly over-rated as a game developer...as for the social aspect...I don't play games for that. I'm only looking for relaxation. I much prefer NOT to play with others so I can explore and progress at my speed not at that of the "pack."

Then expect more of the same. It won't get any better as is.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2017 at 3:24 PM, Rowdi said:

@PSXtreme_ Sony's customer service is set up to discourage refunds, so they always say no at first. Keep pestering them until they cave in. Get belligerent if you have to. They'll give in eventually. More than likely, they'll act like they're doing you a favor.

I can tell you from experience that this works. Takes a bit of time and you may have to speak to multiple representatives but they will eventually give in.

On 2017/12/19 at 3:39 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

The game is very mediocre, it's a lot of just doing the same thing over and over. The game is more fun with friends, but since you're a solo player, don't expect to have much fun.

As for the codes, it varies, I've had codes that claimed to have already expired years prior that still work, sounds like you just had some bad luck

• Like 1

On 19/12/2017 at 8:24 PM, Rowdi said:

Thanks for the advice mate. I tried but I failed. After nearly an hour on the phone Going round in circles I left more infuriated than when I began. The lady that dealt with my complaint just said she was a vegan and didn't know what a corn beef key was. Hopeless

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victor_Stormborn said:

Thanks for the advice mate. I tried but I failed. After nearly an hour on the phone Going round in circles I left more infuriated than when I began. The lady that dealt with my complaint just said she was a vegan and didn't know what a corn beef key was. Hopeless

I was so lost, lol. I thought you got so mad that you told that lady shove a corned beef key up her ass until I reread the entire thread again.

Did you actually get screwed by psn customer service or by the people at Hormel?