The Best Films of 2017. (Including my top 10 favorite ones)

Crzy Minus

For me, It was defiantly one of them, probably along with the likes of The Lego Batman Movie and Power Rangers.  I mean, Power Rangers is a personal favourite of mine that I immensely enjoyed, alongside It.

The Lego Batman Movie in particular, still a good laugh fest, very enjoyable it was.

Hadn't really seen that many other ones.  I think Spider-Man: Homecoming came out this year too? If so, that one as well (I know I rented it out on DVD a little while back is all).  That too was another good one that I very much enjoyed.

Think my top 10 favorites are probably these ones
1. King Arthur Legend of the Sword
2. The Dark Tower
3. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
4. Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale
5. Pokemon, I Choose You
6. Wonder Woman
7. Star Wars The Last Jedi
8.  Alien Covenant
9. Dragonheart Battle for Heartfire
10.  Transformers The Last Knight

Wouldn't have ten, I suppose, but it'd have to go something like this;

Top Tier

02/10/17 - John Wick: Chapter 2
03/05/17 - Logan
04/12/17 - Kong: Skull Island
07/16/17 - Baby Driver
09/13/17 - It
10/25/17 - Ghostbusters*

11/05/17 - Blade Runner 2049

Middle Tier
02/11/17 - The Lego Batman Movie
06/04/17 - Wonder Woman
06/22/17 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
07/16/17 - War for the Planet of the Apes
09/26/17 - Kingsman: The Golden Circle
10/30/17 - The Foreigner
12/15/17 - Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Bottom Tier

02/14/17 - XXX: Return of Xander Cage
05/23/17 - Alien: Covenant
06/21/17 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
10/27/17 - Geostorm

*A Flashback Cinema re-release. Kinda doesn't count, but whatever, my list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ERICVOLTAGE said:

Wouldn't have ten, I suppose, but it'd have to go something like this;

Top Tier

02/10/17 - John Wick: Chapter 2
03/05/17 - Logan
04/12/17 - Kong: Skull Island
07/16/17 - Baby Driver
09/13/17 - It
10/25/17 - Ghostbusters*

11/05/17 - Blade Runner 2049

Middle Tier
02/11/17 - The Lego Batman Movie
06/04/17 - Wonder Woman
06/22/17 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
07/16/17 - War for the Planet of the Apes
09/26/17 - Kingsman: The Golden Circle
10/30/17 - The Foreigner
12/15/17 - Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Bottom Tier

02/14/17 - XXX: Return of Xander Cage
05/23/17 - Alien: Covenant
06/21/17 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
10/27/17 - Geostorm

*A Flashback Cinema re-release. Kinda doesn't count, but whatever, my list. 

That's a pretty good way to put it as well, nice.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 0:58 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Think my top 10 favorites are probably these ones
1. King Arthur Legend of the Sword
2. The Dark Tower
3. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
4. Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale
5. Pokemon, I Choose You
6. Wonder Woman
7. Star Wars The Last Jedi
8.  Alien Covenant
9. Dragonheart Battle for Heartfire
10.  Transformers The Last Knight

This a serious list or are you being cheeky? genuinely curious.

1. Logan - Great

2. Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond - Featuring a Very Special, Contractually Obligated Mention of Tony Clifton - Very good

3. Fast & Furious 8 - OK

4. Wheelman - Boring

5. Little Evil - Boring

6. Sharknado 5: Global Swarming - Steaming pile of shit

I've only seen these 6 movies from this year. 2 of them are really good, rest not so much.

Here are some films I enjoyed this year:

Blade Runner 2049

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Baby Driver

Logan

The LEGO Batman Movie

John Wick Chapter 2

It

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

War for the Planet of the Apes

Have to give a special mention to The LEGO Batman Movie because it is a love letter to Batman on film and not enough people have seen it. It references 9 other Batman films throughout. It was such a good time. If you love everything Batman on film then this is an essential watch.

Can't think of much I saw this year but the biggest disappointments were Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Fast & Furious 8. They really need to give these movies a rest.

Best movie off the top of my head was The Snowman, quite good. Never read the books though so it might not compare to those.

Still gotta watch Logan, Blade Runner 2049 and various others that aren't Star Wars.

1. Wind River - A fantastic story with well written characters. Kept me interested from start to finish and the end was very satisfying. 

2. Logan - One of my favourite superhero films to date. Hugh Jackman gave a phenomenal performance and although it wasn't the Old Man Logan story I hoped for, I was not disappointed.

3. It - This was surprisingly good. I expected an above average horror film, but it's among the best in recent years. Pennywise's performance was haunting and although I'm generally not a fan of kids acting, I found the cast of kids to do an excellent job.

4. John Wick 2 - John Wick has topped Die Hard as my favourite action film and this one kept the momentum going. Can't wait for the next chapter.

5. The Disaster Artist - James Franco gave a brilliant performance as Tommy Wiseau. Since watching The Room, I've become somewhat obsessed with the film and this insight into its conception was very satisfying. It was also one of the funniest films I've watched in a long time.

6. Thor: Ragnarok - This one ended up being one of my favourite Marvel movies. I liked the direction Thor has taken and I actually liked the Hulk in this (not a fan of the Hulk). Hela was brilliantly played and I hope we get to see her return to the MCU.

7. Justice League - I enjoyed this for the most part because it reminded me of the Justice League animated series I grew up with. The DCU does a better job of making action sequences feel epic and that didn't change with this film. Aside from Cyborg and Flash, I really liked the Justice League. Steppenwolf was nothing short of a badass. He was no-nonsense and I hope to see him return to future DC films.

8. Baby Driver - It was a fun film to watch. I'm not a fan of car chases or anything involving cars (outside of the F&F), but I actually found the chases to be enjoyable. 

9. Alien: Covenant - I enjoyed watching this and learning about the dark beginnings of the Xenomorph, however I feel like they really dropped the ball with Shaw's character and there was too much focus on David. There could have also been more information given about how the science behind Xenomorphs. I found Prometheus more enjoyable, but this wasn't too bad overall.

10. Dunkirk - It was a real spectacle, but that's about it. I wasn't really invested in any of the characters and I feel like Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy's talents weren't taken advantage of in this film.