Catherine: Full Body announced for PS4 and PSVita

dermarx

I got enough of Catherine back in the day, but I hope that some other people get to play this fine, strange game.

But Atlus - howzaboot remastering some of your awesome PS2 library? I know I can't be the only one that would like to see cleaned up versions of Nocturne, or DDS, or Devil Summoner Raidou, or even Persona 3.

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I got enough of Catherine back in the day, but I hope that some other people get to play this fine, strange game.

But Atlus - howzaboot remastering some of your awesome PS2 library? I know I can't be the only one that would like to see cleaned up versions of Nocturne, or DDS, or Devil Summoner Raidou, or even Persona 3.

I'd even take Stella deus, growlanser 3, 4, 5, and 6, probably tsugunai atonement 

• Like 1

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

I'd even take Stella deus, growlanser 3, 4, 5, and 6, probably tsugunai atonement 

I forgot all about Growlanser! I enjoyed those games on PS2 (well, the two I played, which I remember as Generations and Heritage of War).

I vaguely recall the title Stella Deus, but never played it. I've never heard of Tsugunai Atonement.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I forgot all about Growlanser! I enjoyed those games on PS2 (well, the two I played, which I remember as Generations and Heritage of War).

I vaguely recall the title Stella Deus, but never played it. I've never heard of Tsugunai Atonement.

Stella deus is a strategy rpg with character art being done by soejima the persona artist, it's really good. It is available on the ps2 classics section of the ps3 store I think. 

Well, I did really like the original (despite how absolutely grueling it was)... I don't generally get many remakes (only one I got so far was Persona 4 Golden), but I might get this if the new features are appealing enough. We'll see. I'll need some trailers first.

• Like 1

yo nintendrones, you can have bayonetta, we will have a new and totally unexpected "golden" version of Catherine.

10 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Something's telling me that the Vita version will stay in Japan.

Remember what happened to the PS3 version of Persona 5 in the west. ATLUS will not let us down again, or that's what I hope.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see what the game will be like. I just hope that they don't add something similar to the Babel Towers. Can't complete any of them no matter how many times i've tried.

Also, DAMN I didn't know the VA behind Haruhi Suzumiya was going to be in the game. This makes me want to preorder the game even more.

Edited by GarciaFever

Hmm... interesting...

I still may need to see a bit more footage. The original Catherine was fine on its own (and I really don't want to go through those hellish trophies all over again). But if the new girl is a good enough addition and we have dual audio, then maybe.

And Atlus posted a few minutes ago on Facebook:

If the love triangle with Catherine and Katherine wasn't enough, imagine when new character Rin enters Vincent's love life. Featuring new storyline elements and puzzle content, Catherine: Full Body has been confirmed for the West! Check out the teaser site at http://catherinethegame.com/fullbody/home.html

Homepage seems to be not online by now

EDIT: They screwed their own post. Correct link added

Edited by dermarx

Lots of people are talking about the trailer and suggesting that Rin is transgender, but honestly I don't that's where it's going. Catherine already had a trans woman in it's story, and that was Erica. It would be kind of odd to create a new character with the exact same trait, especially since people hated how Erica was handled. Making Rin intersex doesn't really seem to fit either so I doubt they're going for that.

You know what does make sense thematically though- Catherine was essentially a succubus. Your choice was between your practical long term girlfriend or a sexy new girl. Rin is already being described as the opposite of Catherine, which means that she's way more likely to be a sexless doll with a perfect personality. That would also make sense with Vincent reacting the way he does. 

I'm calling it now, your choices are between your commitment to your girlfriend, a sexual relationship with a beautiful woman, or a sexless relationship with a woman who has a wonderful personality. This makes the most sense if you look at the message the game's story is trying to send. Rin being trans or intersex would add absolutely nothing and I'll be disappointed if that's real. 

• Like 4