Catherine: Full Body announced for PS4 and PSVita

dermarx

38 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Lots of people are talking about the trailer and suggesting that Rin is transgender, but honestly I don't that's where it's going. Catherine already had a trans woman in it's story, and that was Erica. It would be kind of odd to create a new character with the exact same trait, especially since people hated how Erica was handled. Making Rin intersex doesn't really seem to fit either so I doubt they're going for that.

You know what does make sense thematically though- Catherine was essentially a succubus. Your choice was between your practical long term girlfriend or a sexy new girl. Rin is already being described as the opposite of Catherine, which means that she's way more likely to be a sexless doll with a perfect personality. That would also make sense with Vincent reacting the way he does. 

I'm calling it now, your choices are between your commitment to your girlfriend, a sexual relationship with a beautiful woman, or a sexless relationship with a woman who has a wonderful personality. This makes the most sense if you look at the message the game's story is trying to send. Rin being trans or intersex would add absolutely nothing and I'll be disappointed if that's real. 

Should have made rin the boyfriend of Erica, transxtrap

1 hour ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Lots of people are talking about the trailer and suggesting that Rin is transgender, but honestly I don't that's where it's going. Catherine already had a trans woman in it's story, and that was Erica. It would be kind of odd to create a new character with the exact same trait, especially since people hated how Erica was handled. Making Rin intersex doesn't really seem to fit either so I doubt they're going for that.

You know what does make sense thematically though- Catherine was essentially a succubus. Your choice was between your practical long term girlfriend or a sexy new girl. Rin is already being described as the opposite of Catherine, which means that she's way more likely to be a sexless doll with a perfect personality. That would also make sense with Vincent reacting the way he does. 

I'm calling it now, your choices are between your commitment to your girlfriend, a sexual relationship with a beautiful woman, or a sexless relationship with a woman who has a wonderful personality. This makes the most sense if you look at the message the game's story is trying to send. Rin being trans or intersex would add absolutely nothing and I'll be disappointed if that's real. 

I really like this theory!

On 12/22/2017 at 7:26 AM, ShimizuGear09 said:

The trailer screams "TRAP" all over the place :jaymon:

Let me call up my friend who's an expert on traps

*makes a call*

Image result for it's a trap

Hello, Admiral Ackbar speaking. Ah Rick! How have you been?

Doing well, need your trap detecting abilities once again. Take a look at this video and get back to me on the pink hair character

Sure thing.

After watching it I've come to the conclusion that

Image result for Admiral Ackbar

with 95% certainty.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Some more infos regarding the story, the protagonists and also the staff working on the game. And some screenshots as well: 

Spoiler

■ Juvenille Adult Horror! Atlus’ Controversial Title Evolves into a “Bigger Controversial Title”!

Catherine, an action adventure game from Atlus released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011, was a major hit that received high praise, won many awards, and shipped one million units worldwide.

The game, which is based on the theme of “juvenile adults,” attracted many users with its highly original story and game design that asks questions of players’ “basic knowledge” to their “view on life (ethics?)” through the romance of adults. Catherine supports not only drama, but also a complete level of puzzle action. While there were of course players in Japan, tournaments and the like were even held overseas that used the game’s competitive battle feature.

It has been six years since Catherine was released. The voices longing for a remake or port have never ceased, and now “Atlus’ Legendary Controversial Title” has matured into a “Bigger” controversial title, which will appear on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

Catherine: Full Body

■ Seven Nights of Nightmares Return! The Love Triangle Matures into a Love Quadrangle!?

“New episodes” that push forward the “Catherine-style path of righteousness” have been added. With three “Catherines” appearing, the love triangle around Vincent will mature into a love quadrangle. (Devolve?) The third “Catherine” will invite players to a new story that puts their values to the test.

And of course, Atlus is not stopping at episodes for the new “Catherine.” Catherine and Katherine, the dual heroines from the original Catherine, will also have additional endings. All of the “Catherines” are even more aggressive, even more erotic, and even more stylish. All of you Vincents around the world better watch out!

With other additions such as new anime movies and many new bold and sexy events, you can taste the full body of the new “Catherine” from head to toe.

—New episodes have been added.

—New characters will appear.

—Super mature new developments for all Catherines.

■ This is the Definitive Edition of Catherine!!

Good news for players who were not fond of the puzzle genre when the original version of Catherine was released.

In Catherine: Full Body, functionality related to improving playability has been drastically enhanced to allow anyone to play Catherine until the end. Through groundbreaking systems unheard of in a puzzle action game, anyone will be able to enjoy the game from start to finish.

For players who want to enjoy and master even deeper puzzle action, Catherine: Full Body also offers a new mode with bold arrangements in addition to the “Original Mode,” which includes the same puzzle stages from the original version of Catherine.

And through convincing feedback, the two-times more delicious definitive edition of Catherine will also offer new experiences to fans of frequently dying in video games. And even to players who played the original version of Catherine, players who are good at puzzles and action, and players who are not good at puzzles. With drastically improved playability, Catherine: Full Body is the definitive edition of Catherine in every way possible.

—Even players of the original version can experience puzzles anew through the new gameplay mode.

—Busy players and story-only players, too, can enjoy the story without any stress.

■ Characters

New Character: Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano)
The pretty and mysterious third “Catherine” appears!

A pianist recently hired by the bar Stray Sheep. She has an extremely straightforward and gentle personality. The occasional glimpse of her behavior gives off the impression she is considerably lacking in common sense.

Other than her moniker, “Rin,” her age and real name are unknown, and her beautiful face and mysteriousness attracts the attention of those around her. (Rin, however, is unaware of this herself.)

She supports Vincent, who is taunted by his nightmares, and becomes a healing presence that exemplifies new values.

Vincent (voiced by Kouichi Yamadera)
An uninspired bachelor and office worker forced into the gap between dreams and reality, and freedom and responsibility.

The protagonist of the story. He is an uninspired bachelor and office worker who spends his days freewheeling and turning away from the realities of work, romance, and marriage that weighs on the minds of men in their 30s. Although his girlfriend Katherine is pushing him to get married, he does not want to abandon his desire to live a comfortable, single life.

When he meets the mysterious beauty known as Catherine, he is drawn into a nightmare-esque world in both his dreams and reality. He works as a systems engineer.

Katherine (voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi)
Vincent’s old friend and girlfriend pushing him to get married.

Vincent’s girlfriend. She works for a mid-size clothing company. She and Vincent were classmates, and began dating after their high school class reunion five years ago.

A sensitive, tender woman and the type who devotes herself to her lover. She is considering marrying Vincent, and although he indirectly communicates his intention, she is becoming more and more annoyed by his indecisiveness.

Catherine (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)
A mysterious beauty who seduces Vincent.

A mysterious beauty who appears before an alcohol-drinking Vincent one evening at the bar. She has the features of a young woman, and attractive proportions that can lead a man astray. She seduces Vincent with her devilish atmosphere, and spends the night with him.

Her do-as-she-wants behavior will shake up everything in Vincent’s life.

■ Development Staff

• Creative Producer: Katsura Hashino (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Catherine, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5)
  • Character and Art Design: Shigenori Soejima (Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity, Catherine, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5)
  • Sound Composer: Shoji Meguro (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series, Catherine, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5)
  • Game Direction: Kenichi Goto (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series (battle planning), Persona 5 (chief battle planning), and more)
  • Chief Graphic Design: Yasuhiro Akimoto (Catherine (main character modeling), Persona 5 (main character modeling), and more)
  • Chief Programming: Yuujirou Kosaka (Persona 3 and Persona 4 (field programming), Persona 5 (chief programming))
  • Animation Production: Studio 4°C (The Animatrix, Tekkonkinkreet, and more)

I just want to point out acording to the article: 'For players who want to enjoy and master even deeper puzzle action, Catherine: Full Body also offers a new mode with bold arrangements in addition to the “Original Mode,” which includes the same puzzle stages from the original version of Catherine.'

Source

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 4

Ooooh, I'm interested in this new gameplay mode that has "bold arrangements". I'm assuming it's going to make the stages have a tougher layout? It's funny, I'm not usually into puzzle games, and I'm not very good at them either, but Catherine is the one exception. It sounds like these new additions are going to challenge even the most experienced Catherine players, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! :D

• Like 1

It's a very difficult plat, innit? I don't do overly difficult plats. ?

I have the game on PS3 but I've only played it for 1-2 hours. A new character is not big enough incentive that I would double dip, especially since I'm not done with the original. 

About the new character. I'm liking the concept as long as it was an original idea by the dev, and not just something to appease to the LGBT community. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro LGBT, but its inclusion in video games is cool as long as it's not forced. It's like how "minorities" get forced representation in movies (I've heard this is the case with the new Star Wars trilogy, which I haven't seen.) Diversity for the sake of it. So, LGBT for the sake of it, is a similar kind of situation. 

I hope I didn't go too far with this comment; politics. I'm fairly sure the addition of the new character has nothing to do with the PC culture, and I'm worrying over nothing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ID-69 said:

It's a very difficult plat, innit? I don't do overly difficult plats. ?

I have the game on PS3 but I've only played it for 1-2 hours. A new character is not big enough incentive that I would double dip, especially since I'm not done with the original. 

About the new character. I'm liking the concept as long as it was an original idea by the dev, and not just something to appease to the LGBT community. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro LGBT, but its inclusion in video games is cool as long as it's not forced. It's like how "minorities" get forced representation in movies (I've heard this is the case with the new Star Wars trilogy, which I haven't seen.) Diversity for the sake of it. So, LGBT for the sake of it, is a similar kind of situation. 

I hope I didn't go too far with this comment; politics. I'm fairly sure the addition of the new character has nothing to do with the PC culture, and I'm worrying over nothing. 

Nah Japanese games always had LGBT stuff one way or another...

ps: the official page of the game was posted weeks ago but it never ever worked for me. It just refuses to load...

• 8 months later...
On 22/12/2017 at 10:46 AM, Omar said:

To this day, the platinum trophy for Catherine is one of my absolute proudest. 

I did it all on my own once, so I might as well do it all over again! <3

Same here. It's one of the hardest platinums I've ever gotten (up there with Mirror's Edge), it might've been easy for some folk, but it's one of my proudest.

Wonder if it'll feel harder or easier (or the same) after almost 8 years. Fantastic game.

• Like 1

Having played (and platted) the original Catherine, I so welcome the eff outta this game.

In the first game, I went with the Catherine True Ending.  I wanna see the Rin True Ending.  Especially that part in the trailer where she has tears in her eyes after 'landing' on Vincent.  Transgender or not, she deserves love, just like everyone else. <3 

A small update on Catherine in the latest issue of Famitsu:

• The standard edition will cost 7,980 yen.
  • The limited edition will cost 13,980 yen and include a slip art box, four-disc soundtrack CD, art book, and special downloadable content set.
  • An Arrange Mode featuring new mechanics has been added.
  • There are more than 500 stages—two times the amount of the original game.
  • Over 20 animated scenes have been added.
  • You can change Catherine’s voice. In addition to Miyuki Sawashiro (Catherine’s main voice actor) and Mamiko Noto (who voiced Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3), nine additional voice-overs will be released as downloadable content. Each unannounced voice actor has previously played the role of an adulterous lover. 

• Like 2