Playstation vita forgotten

zodiaccross

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

No, only play it at home. Don't like taking expensive electronics out that can be snatched from your hands easily. 

I know what you mean, but what about a smartphone?

I had a hard time the first time my smartphone was more expensive, the first one was about 200€ and my newer one now htc 10 was 800€. (I needed that one bc I am hard of hearing and it has some features for better hearing especially for music)

I got used to it but it was hard to get there, always thought I will loose it!

Next time I had that problem was when I got a tablet PC (surface 3) to watch my tv Shows on the train and for school.

I bought it for this purpose but I couldn't get myself to do it for the first days.

I had very long days outside the house with LONG times on trains or tations or between lessons and so on, so I wanted to use my time better instead of giving up on those hobbies, there is just no way to find cheaper products for that.

I got used to being careful all the time and never lost anything, I'm pretty paranoid for being robbed or something

17 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Seeing how Nintendo is dominating with the Switch, it gives me hope that the PS5 will introduce the Vita 2.0 with it. Perhaps to the point where PS5 games look like a current PS4 game on the go, but at home you get the full PS5 experience. 

That's the direction Sony has to go to keep competitive in this handheld race. Granted, if the PS5 has a Vita 2 included, get ready for your wallet to scream.

I personally found the Vita highly disappointing, in so many ways. It makes complete sense to me why Sony abandoned support for it. But all you can do is hope that if they are doing a new one, that they learned from their mistakes. And that they're paying attention to what Nintendo is doing.

I agree with that but sony said nintendo headed another direction and has a different target audience

so sony just don't want to be competitive, they seem to be happy switch/bc the handheld aspect is not competition. ppl often don't decide to get one of them but buy both for the diference.

when they go back to be competition it is harder.

But I don't see it that way, bc nintendo was never competition imo. nintendo has SO many exclusive titles that are so completely different, more family games and all, that was enough.

xbox for example is totally the same as PS (function and games)  you buy one or the other but rarily both bc the games are the same. (yeah a few exclusive of cause, nobody plays ALL of them though and the exclusives are from similar genres)

Edited by Ai-ds_low

7 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

We've already got Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Splatoon, Arms, Doom, Skyrim, Xenoblade 2, LA Noire, Rocket League, Steamworld Dig 2, a tonne of NEO GEO games, Resident Evil Revelations, and so on. See what's in that list?

Hm... I see whole 2 games :awesome: 

(Xenoblade and maybe Zelda for clarification)

5 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

The Vita's problem was that it was too good for its own good when it launched. Dev costs for a Vita AAA game like Uncharted: Golden Abyss were not far off those required for a full AAA home console title at the time, yet the pricing model for handheld games tended towards $40 as opposed to the $60 standard for home console releases. 

Well, the bad thing was that the aforementioned Uncharted was put on Plus for like 2 years. There was literally no need to buy it to begin with. 

5 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Also wasn't there some sort of statistics that show that the Vita is more popular than the PS4 in Japan?

Because Vita offered and still offers what Japan wants.

PS4 had crap lineup in its opening years =) Now it's a bit better so PS4 is starting to sell.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hm... I see whole 2 games :awesome: 

(Xenoblade and maybe Zelda for clarification)

Even if you want to ignore the rest, that's still two more games with MASS MARKET APPEAL than the Vita's had in a good long time.

JRPGs are cool and all, but maybe if the Vita actually offered, I don't know, ANYTHING else at this point, it'd sell at least a couple units?

9 hours ago, Katt said:

Delete your account.

I would, but Vita only allows you to have one account on the machine, so I kinda need it. If only there was a cool portable that let you have more than one measly account.

• Like 2

I worry more each day that if my vita breaks and I cant find a decent replacement! Its safe to say Sony probably gave up on handhelds. But if the next handheld plays vita digitals....Im sold day 1. Of course....it should play ps3 digitals too...i know im dreamin.

5 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

I know what you mean, but what about a smartphone?

I had a hard time the first time my smartphone was more expensive, the first one was about 200€ and my newer one now htc 10 was 800€. (I needed that one bc I am hard of hearing and it has some features for better hearing especially for music)

I got used to it but it was hard to get there, always thought I will loose it!

Next time I had that problem was when I got a tablet PC (surface 3) to watch my tv Shows on the train and for school.

I bought it for this purpose but I couldn't get myself to do it for the first days.

I had very long days outside the house with LONG times on trains or tations or between lessons and so on, so I wanted to use my time better instead of giving up on those hobbies, there is just no way to find cheaper products for that.

I got used to being careful all the time and never lost anything, I'm pretty paranoid for being robbed or something

I agree with that but sony said nintendo headed another direction and has a different target audience

so sony just don't want to be competitive, they seem to be happy switch/bc the handheld aspect is not competition. ppl often don't decide to get one of them but buy both for the diference.

when they go back to be competition it is harder.

But I don't see it that way, bc nintendo was never competition imo. nintendo has SO many exclusive titles that are so completely different, more family games and all, that was enough.

xbox for example is totally the same as PS (function and games)  you buy one or the other but rarily both bc the games are the same. (yeah a few exclusive of cause, nobody plays ALL of them though and the exclusives are from similar genres)

Have my smartphone insured so it wouldn't be as terrible of a loss. Don't have the vita insured plus factoring in digital purchases it can cost way more than a smartphone

Before August 2015 when I first got my PS3 I was a Vita exclusive player since 2013. I love the little console so much could help to play hundreds of hours. I'd say it is very disappointed and Sony sucks for treating Vita like this. But everyone knows it's fully their fault. As nowadays the way people gaming is changing. When you want to play on the go, you don't really need a handheld....anyways, I still enjoy Vita and would still buy and play Vita games. 

Here's my physical collection of standard edition Vita games:

not including the ones I traded/sold already, these are the ones I will keep with me forever, little over 120 copies most of them being EU version (OCD).

r9RooHyKaKp_gvJ3n0V4fwiOxgVFB39NjCbhfayk

Nq0Jv7LsXdVZM2C6M3Tj1zhOEc-V-yDopLHJp4-N

Limited edition games like Blazblue CSE, Muramasa, YS8, Yomawari 1,2 and Rose in Twilight are not shown here, most of them are released by NISA Europe.

The problem now for physical release is that most of the games are localisation version of Japanese games, and to be honest some of them are really really bad. So I am being really pick recently and stopped buying physical releases of Vita games. Personally I won't bother to buy Limited Run games since I think this concept of business is purely stupid. Again, if they have the games I really like I would still get them, like OddWorld Stranger's Wrath which is a really good game!

Digital Vita games? Well, excluding PS+ free games, I'd say I bought roughly 200+(including X-BUY) titles from PS Store.

I love Vita, still looking forward to the new games like Catherine: Full Body to be released, better got physical this one. xD