Warning: Player 2 trophies

RNumbers

Anyone concerned about the way their trophy list looks should note that, by being Player 2, you may earn trophies in what would otherwise be an impossible order.

My son often plays with me, but not all the time. As a result, he has (as Player 2) earned several trophies out of order. For example, he has the trophy for visiting one hub world at the same time as visiting Middle Earth, Lego Movie, and DC Comics worlds. He has the trophy for earning 30 gold bricks before earning 5. He has the trophy for doing a quest in the Lego Batman Movie story pack without having the trophy for completing the story in this pack. In short, his list is a mess. Fortunately, he doesn't care, but I imagine some of you might, so heads up.

A number of PS4 games give you the option to log in as another account when playing as a second player in local co-op. You could also just log in as guest, but if you want to earn trophies, then it obviously makes sense to use your real account.

Several games do this well (Helldivers, Gauntlet, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime). For others, it's not implemented quite so well. Lego Dimensions falls into the latter, as it doesn't seem to track what Player 2 has or has not done, but basically assigns the same trophies as are earned by Player 1, although not even this is consistent (such as the trophy for finishing the Lego Batman pack story).

Theoretically, you could use this to your advantage in certain cases, but more likely is that it will make a mess of your list, hence the warning.

1 minute ago, Cleggworth said:

Lego games are notorious for this, I doubt a flag in any Lego game would ever stick

Ah, good to know. This is the first Lego game I'm playing with my son on PS4. Too bad, but I doubt many people playing as P2 on a Lego game care too much about trophy order.

2 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Ah, good to know. This is the first Lego game I'm playing with my son on PS4. Too bad, but I doubt many people playing as P2 on a Lego game care too much about trophy order.

I played most of the Lego games on the PS4 with my wife and the Avengers and Batman 3 worked as it should and she got the plat when I got the plat. On Jurassic Park, Star Wars TFA and Dimensions loads of trophies just wouldn't pop for her even though she played the entire time I was playing. It's pretty hit and miss really. Lego games are pretty buggy trophy wise even when you play solo tbh