Virtually Unplayable Until It Is Patched?

The title makes the point clearly enough for ANY potential players. Proceed if you dare because as of writing this (1.02 patch) 'Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV' has more consistent glitches and game breaking obstacles than any video game i have ever encountered.....

The litany of disasters include but are not limited to:

• Upon loading ANY game save i am confronted with a headless torso (reported by many others too) which clearly denotes a sync issue. This is not a rare occurrence. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME i load a save, to the point where i have to reload the same save 3, 4 sometimes 5 separate occasions just to have the VR FINALLY adopt the first person perspective.
  • After playing for any extended period of time (30-45 minutes) i have noticed the virtual left arm (which is used to control the sonar and reel in the rod) un-syncs itself from the gameplay. This results in the arm moving in exactly the same way but grasping at thin air unable to use the sonar, reel the rod or open menu's. The left move controller is the primary means in which to navigate leaving the player in total limbo and forced to close the game from the dashboard and re-open it. I can usually squeeze in one successful 'hunt' and then by midway through the second 'hunt'.....the dreaded aforementioned occurs.
  • Loading screens freeze and crash. Granted this is more common in VR titles but upon practicing the swing (whilst the loading screen updates) i have found it can push the game 'too far' later in the hunts etc.

I must emphasize this is all extremely unfortunate and the gameplay itself, along with the fishing mechanics (when functional) are actually very enjoyable and highly addictive. Any FFXV fan would love this If/when the game receives a further (and URGENT) patch.

Interested to hear/read if anyone else has encountered these bugs? I am persisting for the time being but my patience has limits!

Interesting. I found complete different issues on this game then what you've pointed out, but will go point by point from my experience of playing the game for about 14 hours.

•  Experienced this a few time but with a simple "Hold down the option button" to reset the camera, I never had an issue afterwards.
  • Noticed this too but for me it was always the right arm, causing casting issues. This game's casting controls are already really wonky and bad as it is, that this did not make it better, but worst! This really suck for those hunts that need like 10 damn fishes!!!!
  • Never experience a single crash and that from playing on both a day 1 PS4, and the pro I got recently. I did run into issues where after I caught the hunt required fish, it would not load me out of the map.

Issues that I've found from playing:

• The mechanics are never accurate. I'll have sessions where it works well, session where it just doesn't work properly at all. The strength of the cast are also not so great. Granted I've only played with the Move controller but the casting mechanic in this game REALLY need some work. No matter if I try the exact same moment with casting, on Easy Cast mode or not, it would go either so far out or no where at all, which makes it hard to accurately land reels. Also notice the reeling mechanics slows down the longer the game running. Take a look at the player's arm and it'll be noticeably slower, no matter how fast you reel.
  • A lot of time I ran into issues where I would get the required fish for the main story or hunts, but the game would not move on to the load screen, causing a reset and redoing the whole hunt/story mission. (This happen on a catching 20x of a fish for one hunt so there went 30+min -_-)
  • Not really an issue but CINDY NEED TO STOP VISITING ME AFTER EVERY OTHER HUNT I COMPLETE! D:<

This game does need a lot of work though on it and it just felt like a lazy work of a VR game. Sure the fishing can be fun (if the controls wanna work) but it has nothing much going for it, and these bugs just take away from the, already, low game. Really wish they stuck with the Prompto Shooting VR :/

But my 2 cents :)

Edited by Smasher419

There are a ton of issues with this game. It is extremely glitchy. BUT there are some workarounds. Basically, you need to use the options/start button to resync yourself often. Way more often than you should have to. But anytime you feel like something's off, just resync. 

The one thing that I never figured out is that it seems impossible to play with the dualshock controller. Seems completely unplayable without using the move controllers. 

• 3 years later...

I seem to very consistently get a progress killing glitch whenever I finish an event, whether it's a hunt or tournament, etc. When I get to the rewards screen it gets stuck in a perpetual Gil counting sound and never progresses unless I close the application. Occasionally I'm able to get past it after I boot back up, but more often than not I'm stuck redoing a mission just to make progress, unlock a trophy etc and then get stuck at the screen. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I found a fix for the left arm not working issue. I entered a fishing spot and turned the move controllers on and off, switching between a DS4, until the right controller started to control both arms (the left arm was gripping the bottom of the pole which I'd never seen before). Then I exited the fishing spot and the left arm worked again.