With a name like AO Tennis...

FrumpleOrz

5 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Not sure on anywhere else, but other here in New Zealand, we do have a TV rating that uses AO... which does mean "Adults Only" so um... yeah xD

But yeah, if the gameplay is good, I wouldn't mind giving it a go either.

It's a rating for the ESRB as well. You just never see it because none of the major companies (Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo) allow AO games on their platforms.

• Like 3

Release for Australia and New Zealand during the Australian Open (Jan 19th)

Can't wait.

Worldwide is around March the same time as Tennis World Tour. They are planning around March 2017.

AO means Australian Open...not Adults Only :).

The trophies are easy compared to some of the other tennis games. Thankful. 

Edited by Kishnabe

Oh my god, finally we are going to get a Tennis Game on PS4.

My last tennis game was "EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis 2" and this is years ago ^^

I also hope (because this game has the explicit title "Australian Open") that we will see the other three Grand Slams as well in future. Four tennis games - every Grand Slam its own game - would be nice to play :)

I hope i can get a copy here in europe, because if i understand correctly it only releases in oceana region.

I don't think the game will be that great tbh, it looks like it doesn't have many licensed players, and i haven't seen any gameplay yet. The other tennis game that comes out lookes pretty bad, gameplay was just not good at all.

2 hours ago, Rafi_004 said:

Yes! Finally!

But the trophies seems too easy. Maybe a 8h plat game?

Don't think 8hr, if you see there are at least 3 run and a couple of trophy require a bit of luck probably, depend how many hours you had to put in one WT, can take 15/25 hours probably. I'm just disappointed there's not an online portion, so i don't think it will be an UR plat ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, killer91ITA said:

Don't think 8hr, if you see there are at least 3 run and a couple of trophy require a bit of luck probably, depend how many hours you had to put in one WT, can take 15/25 hours probably. I'm just disappointed there's not an online portion, so i don't think it will be an UR plat 1f623.png

A run are about 7-8 matches, isn't it? Comparing with VT where the matches are 10min max the time is less than 8h.

But we will see soon. When the game are at 30€ I will buy it =)

Edited by Rafi_004

38 minutes ago, Rafi_004 said:

A run are about 7-8 matches, isn't it? Comparing with VT where the matches are 10min max the time is less than 8h.

But we will see soon. When the game are at 30€ I will buy it =)

I didn't know how many match how you had to do, i am bit ignorant in general sports. I have only platted virtua tennis 4 on vita and offline portion it wasn't fast as can i remember. Anyway same for me if i get a good deals i will buy it, if not i had purchased a couple of month ago virtua tennis 2009 and i do this ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pyramat said:

It's a rating for the ESRB as well. You just never see it because none of the major companies (Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo) allow AO games on their platforms.

It's not that they don't, it's just that retailers will refuse to carry the games. It has happened at least once

zn1eIVD.jpg

Interesting choice to put those 2 on the cover seeing its a specific Australian Open game, Nadal hasn't won it since 2009 (runner up last year though) and Kerber won it 2 years ago and is now down to world #21, guess they were up there when they started dev of the game.

As for other "open specific" games to come, don't think so.  Big Ant Studios, the devs, are an Australian company that has mostly made Australian specific sports games like cricket, Rugby League, AFL. I wouldn't hold my breath for a "French Open Tennis" any time soon.

Having played a few other Big Ant sports game, don't expect Madden or FIFA quality......... its going to be pretty bad.  Not terrible, but not the best. 

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's not that they don't, it's just that retailers will refuse to carry the games. It has happened at least once

zn1eIVD.jpg

I mean, you're giving an example of literally the only exception. And it's one that was retroactively rated AO at that, so it's a little different. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft have all officially stated that they don't allow AO-rated games on their consoles.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-nintendo-forbid-ao-rated-manhunt-2/1100-6172830/
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/07/peter-moore-on-ao-games-you-have-to-draw-the-line-somewhere-our-interview/

Edited by Pyramat