With a name like AO Tennis...

FrumpleOrz

On 21/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, the_game_nerd said:

Interesting choice to put those 2 on the cover seeing its a specific Australian Open game, Nadal hasn't won it since 2009 (runner up last year though) and Kerber won it 2 years ago and is now down to world #21, guess they were up there when they started dev of the game.

Angelique Kerber won the Australian Open last year. Honestly, I don't think either one of them deserved to be on the cover.

16 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Looking forward to this. First proper Tennis game on console in 5 years. Trophy list looks simple compared with Virtua Tennis 4 and Top Spin 4 too. Is it just the Australian Open license that it carries? Licensed players?

There might be a chance for FO and US Open. I don't think Wimbledon...as they only been licensed in 2 tennis games in history (Wimbledon on the SNES, EA Grand Slam Tennis 2). Queen's Club/London will be the Grass Slam.

Confirmed: Rafael Nadal, David Goffin, Kerber, Caroline Garcia,. Federer

The rest not disclosed yet. Hoping , Djokovic and Murray are in. 

There could be a licensing issue.

TWT has Federer, Monfils, Isner, Moah, Taylor Fritz, Kerber, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Kyrgios, Zeverev. 2 More Amercian Males (Could be Sam Q, Steve Johnson, or hopefully Francis Tiafoe).

-------

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Danng. Not going to lie I'm kind of excited for this because my first ps3 demo was Wimbledon something lol forgot.  Needless to say I played the heck out of that demo with Rafael and Djokovic. Good times. I'm only worried that since it's a niche game, the online is going to be deserted :/

Apparently it doesn't have online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 19/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, FrumpleOrz said:

You'd expect the characters to be less dressed.  Anyway, does anyone know anything about this game?  I've been itching for a good tennis game for a while and this is the first one on PS4, right?

Mario Tennis Aces comes out next month. Looks like the best one since Mario Power Tennis on Gamecube.

If you are more into boring ass "realistic" ones, then I can't help you.

• 3 months later...