What made you buy a PS4 Pro?

Oobedoob S Benubi

Couldn't find an existing thread like this, sorry if there already is one somewhere.

So what made you buy a PS4 Pro?

We all know the improvements the Pro has on the regular PS4, but which reasons were the most important to you?

Important side question: did you already have a regular PS4?

I bought a PS4 Pro two days ago. My most important reasons, not in order of importance:

• There was a good sale with the Pro's price lowered and a nice trade-in value for my old PS4. Not enough of a reason to go for a purchase on its own, but seeing as I have the reasons below for which I already wanted a Pro, this one helped win me over.
  • I had a year one PS4, so with the Pro I'm getting twice the storage, and a fresh controller.
  • The Pro is supposed to boost PSVR, which I bought on a Black Friday sale. For instance, the dev of Farpoint (the one game I bought along with the set) states they're using the Pro for a smoother framerate and to render twice the number of pixels.
  • Overall smoother framerates.

The slight improvement in graphics is less of a reason to me as the above points are; sure it's nice butI value the points I mentioned above a lot more.

No fancy reasons for me, the Pro was better than the regular PS4 and I had the money to upgrade so I did. I had already owned a regular PS4 since release day but I didn’t sell it as I want it as a back up just in case something happens to my Pro. Unless of course my house burns down in which case I’ll be out a regular and a Pro. Plus I still have every other Playstation I’ve owned so why get rid of it.

• Like 1

Mostly the same reason for the Pro being the better PS4 console... But my particular reason is the ability so render videos better. 720p just wouldn't be good enough for me on the "vanilla" PS4.  I've had it for a couple of weeks and yet still has to edit a video using Share Factory.  I hope it's as good as what others say about that app doing its thing on the Pro.

I was planning on making the jump to 4K, but the short time I played in 1080p there were a few benefits. However, the 4k move once I got my TV was and is what make my Pro (and X, for that matter) pretty worth it. Boost mode is fun to toy around with, too.

I got a 4KTV and had the money,thought why not. Also I was looking at upgrading the hard drive in my original, with a decent trade in offfe roast NYE it didn’t seem like a bad deal. 

Also my old PS4 was making some odd noises, in Australia new electronics have a 2 year warranty so that just sealed the deal. 

My TV broke shortly before the release of the PS4 Pro. I tried to replace it with another 3D TV, but there are almost none left. HDTVs seem less common, too, so I decided to invest a little more and hopefully get a TV that will be up-to-date for some time. Therefore, buying a PS4 Pro was almost a logical decision^^ It would have come even easier if it had not only played games in 4K and HDR but also movies.

My launch PS4 was on the brinks of quitting and had first intentions to get one of the new slims. Instead I spent the extra 100 dollars and got a Pro and the following week got a 4k HDR TV. Shortly after that Horizon Zero Dawn released and made me so glad I got a Pro to play that on.

I also was able to trade my launch PS4 in for 150 dollars.

27 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

going to get mine this Saterday.

Store in my town has a "trade your old ps4 in for a pro thing going."

Got a 4K TV and more fps/better performance is always nice

Well, you're Dutch just like me so you probably mean Game Mania's deal :)

That's the deal I was talking about in the first post as well, traded it on Monday. Did you make a reservation for a Pro? Because many Game Manias are out of stock right now thanks to the offer.

51 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Well, you're Dutch just like me so you probably mean Game Mania's deal :)

That's the deal I was talking about in the first post as well, traded it on Monday. Did you make a reservation for a Pro? Because many Game Manias are out of stock right now thanks to the offer.

Helemaal goed :P

I indeed made a reservation for that day ^^