What made you buy a PS4 Pro?

Oobedoob S Benubi

Mostly because my OG PS4 was breaking down... It kept ejecting discs and heating up.

I sold it for 200€ and bought the Pro for 390€ with a couple of games which I then sold for 90€.

Meaning that overall I paid 100€ for a 500GB upgrade and nice bump in framerates.

Calculated.

The pros sure are better visuals (upscalling on all games), loads a little faster and runs better, and more harddrive for me since i still had the 500gb one. Altough i dont think it's worth the asking price if you already have a ps4. If you dont, you got the money and have a 4k tv then maybe. 

Cant talk about VR since i dont own that yet.

I only got it because of a gamestop deal where i could bring in my regular (2 year old *cough*)  ps4 with 2 games and get the pro for 100 bucks.

Edited by thekiffer21

Several things:

* My first PS4 has a 500 GB HDD, that only goes so far.  The 1 TB HDD helped make this worth it.

* Boost Mode.

* Enhancements over regular PS4 in newer games. (That said, performance is more important than graphics.  60 FPS means more to me than 4K resolution or FSAA.)

* Got some rewards from Dell in return for buying an Alienware PC.  Dell also sells consoles, so I used the rewards to buy the PS4 Pro for $13 out of pocket.

I got a PS4 Pro because I didn't have a PS4 yet and money was not an issue. Figured that Pro would offer more value in the long run - especially if its performance is better and load times shorter. Boost mode has delivered so far. Don't really care about graphics that much so I haven't gotten a 4K TV yet.

This video sums it up pretty well. :P

But nah, I guess it's because I already have a 4K TV and the Pro came down in price to the point where it seemed like a worthwhile upgrade on Black Friday this year (I only paid £120 after selling my old PS4!). I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole mid-generation upgrade thing, and I do think the Pro is pretty lame in comparison to the Xbox One X (only talking about the hardware of course), but the way I see it, the Pro is pretty much what the PS4 should have been at launch - the standard PS4 was underpowered even when it first came out in 2013.

Also, I just don't like the feeling that I'm playing an inferior version of a game, which is why I've held off playing almost all new PS4 games since the Pro came out. Of course, PC versions have always existed, but they are irrelevant to me as a console gamer. I'm by no means a graphics whore, but if a game can look better, I want that. Better frame rates and faster loading is nice too.

I've not been blown away with the Pro so far, but I haven't really played any games that properly take advantage of it, so that's probably not fair. I felt like my old PS4 was on its way out anyway, and I don't really see the point in buying a new PS4 in 2017 that's not a Pro, even if I didn't have a 4K TV. Future-proofing and all that. One thing is for sure, though. I won't be getting a PS5 anywhere near launch. I'll most likely be waiting for the "Pro" version of that console to come out first. I have too many games in my backlog as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased my PS4 Pro just before Christmas why? There was a few reasons i was looking to get a bigger hard drive as it was really annoying me having to delete games just to put new games on the system, there was the fact i had recently upgraded my TV to a 4K (not out of choice my 2 year old daughter bless her thought it would be a good idea to copy daddy and give it a clean but instead of the standard solution i use she used anti bacterial spray and way too much of it and killed the screen). I also was sold when i saw the Star Wars Limited edition PS4 Pro being a big Star Wars fan i was finally tipped over the edge to purchase a pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn´t like my loud first PS4 and someday bought the great and silent Slim at sale. Later traded the old fat  PS4 in to get

the Pro for little extra money with new guarantee. Moved account to try it out and now the Slim is the reserve though I liked

her more than the loud Pro that i don´t really need.

It was a cold day in the Great White North. Minus 15 degrees C and my roommate suddenly sent me a text saying that the Pro bundle with Uncharted TLL is on sale. I was hesitant but the system never goes on sale like this before and more less in Canada (Trust me deals like that does not come around easy). I bought a Switch earlier in the Year (AND Loved it since Launch no less) and wanting to cap off the Gametastic year with the PS4 Pro was probably the best decision my younger self ever made. Didn't end up breaking the bank as I imagined, I got a bunch of gift cards for christmas, and cashed in on the best deal of the year for me.

Monologue and long story aside, needed a system that allows me to enjoy the best Console exclusives on the market and the biggest AAA games released, in addition to caughting up with old friends from the PS3 era. The PS4 Pro was a no brainer. I mean I love Nintendo, but the framerates on some AAA 3rd party games can be very bad at times. Need a system with more juice and the Graphics. Been playing ever since, this baby is gonna be with me for the long haul. 

My story:

I always buy consoles late because by then games would be cheap and the system itself would've probably had some newer or slightly better model released. I.e slim ps3 or the George Foreman grill 3 :P

So I decided to wait till about 2015 to grab a ps4 for the holidays but then bam ps4 pro was announced. I waited till nov 2016 and bought it. 

1 TB upgrade itself costs about ~$80-100 and the price difference between a regular ps4 and pro was $120 in my country. It was a no brainer to grab a pro especially that I'd receive some really nice boosts to games.