(Edit) My Steelport to shut down on January 31st, 2018 - Platinum actually still obtainable

Cyber-Coyote1

Official website of Saints Row stated on December 10th that My Steelport - the platform used to share characters - will shut down due to a significant reduction of its users.

This means that, if you did not obtain Jumped In for Saints Row: The Third and Saintified for Saints Row IV (and Re-elected on PS4 as well!) before January 31st, 2018, plats for these two games will become unobtainable!

It's time to get these games off your backlog if you didn't already do it.

Source: https://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/6121/

EDIT: Confirmed by @SaintsRow on Twitter

GlYZWrx.png

Edited by gall90fghg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Also would this effect Gat out of Hell or is that a separate server? I know that didn't mention it but I thought it's better to ask. =)

That's a great question, I think it will shut down for GOOH as well since My Steelport is up for these three games :)

Good thing is, there's no trophy for My Steelport for GOOH!

• Like 1

This also doesn't affect the PS4 version as that trophy is just for saving a character, not for uploading one. Gat Out of Hell so isn't affected as that's online MP, which isn't being taken down, just the character upload thing. 

I would assume that the trophy would still work on 4 on PS3 like it does on 3, so shouldn't become unachievable. Would theoretically be easy to test if someone wanted to. Start game, upload character, pull internet as soon as you hit upload so that the upload fails. 

20 minutes ago, Gage said:

I would assume that the trophy would still work on 4 on PS3 like it does on 3, so shouldn't become unachievable. Would theoretically be easy to test if someone wanted to. Start game, upload character, pull internet as soon as you hit upload so that the upload fails. 

I just attempted to upload on the PS3 version of IV and immediately unplugged the internet cable after it started. It attempted to upload for less than half a second before it lost connection, but the trophy still unlocked.

Maybe I should have tried pulling the connection before confirming the upload, but at the very least you don't need to successfully upload a character for the trophy.

5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I just attempted to upload on the PS3 version of IV and immediately unplugged the internet cable after it started. It attempted to upload for less than half a second before it lost connection, but the trophy still unlocked.

Maybe I should have tried pulling the connection before confirming the upload, but at the very least you don't need to successfully upload a character for the trophy.

Good to hear. I assume then it should work the same then as 3 when it broke, and as long as they don't change something that outright stops you selecting the upload option it's fine. I assume they're just going to shut the server off and not actually update the game so should be good. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, DannPS said:

So will the platinums still be obtainable after the server shutdowns? 

If you get the unobtainable trophy before the shutdown, yes. If you plan to start the game from scratch after the 31st, then you will not be able to get the plat 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

If you get the unobtainable trophy before the shutdown, yes. If you plan to start the game from scratch after the 31st, then you will not be able to get the plat 

But the guys above were explaining how you could get the platinum with the servers down. 

I earned both achievements on Steam because i don't own these games on console. And... LOL. I never played this franchise before... i downloaded a Donald Trump skin and played the first mission on the plane... and the first mission in the fourth game... lol imagine if the Fast & Furious franchise takes exactly the same route. It's totally possible.

You guys if you haven’t at this point better jump on that online trophy before the servers close January 31st. 

It could be possible to earn the trophy after January 31st as some people reported getting it after the character upload option failed. But it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Spaz

On 1/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, Spaz said:

You guys if you haven’t at this point better jump on that online trophy before the servers close January 31st. 

It could be possible to earn the trophy after January 31st as some people reported getting it after the character upload option failed. But it’s better to be safe than sorry.

I just got it in GER version of the game. Even if I received "Server is not available" message, the trophy popped.

So it seems that it will be possible to still get it.

• Like 1

I was aware of this, but forgot to bother to do the trophy for The Third, already had IV done when I got the game.

Oh well, not like I was ever gonna go back into The Third anyway. Had a blast with it in the day though, running around as a toilet, diving off buildings, flying that weird plane that could turn into a kind of helicopter...Oh God, oh no! I think I want to play Saints 3 again but it's too late to platinum! What have I done!

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I was aware of this, but forgot to bother to do the trophy for The Third, already had IV done when I got the game.

Oh well, not like I was ever gonna go back into The Third anyway. Had a blast with it in the day though, running around as a toilet, diving off buildings, flying that weird plane that could turn into a kind of helicopter...Oh God, oh no! I think I want to play Saints 3 again but it's too late to platinum! What have I done!

So does this now mean it's too late for you to try to get the trophy?

Wouldn't hurt to try after the server shutdown.

3 minutes ago, Vincent Brooks said:

I'll give it a shot on the PS3 version of The Third and IV tomorrow.  I just saw this today, so this is as good a test as any.

I haven't created a character, so hopefully this will still work.

If you're lucky. If not, then oh well...

Can confirm, this trophy popped for me when I hit Character Upload.  It did say the upload was successful.  Maybe I just got it in time?  But a connection to the server isn't required as someone already proven, so I'd say these plats are probably still obtainable.  Did this in Saints Row III just now.

Edited by Vincent Brooks