(Edit) My Steelport to shut down on January 31st, 2018 - Platinum actually still obtainable

Cyber-Coyote1

Just checked my copies of SR3 (vanilla with SR2 digital code) and SR4 (commander in chief edition), both NA disc version on an alt account with a fresh install of the games plus latest patches and no trophy for either game. Tried both at the shop and when the game wants you to create your char.

Looks like the trophies cannot be gotten just @Dante_MS's way now, unless other versions of the game/diff patches work (which I highly doubt).

This is why you shouldn't always rely on online trophies still being obtainable even after the supposed date.

Something as simple as uploading your character to a server you should probably get as soon as it's announced there is a server shutdown.

I've looked at the last 10 achievers for this trophy and the dates go back to early September. So apparently not everyone was able to get this, looks like only a few were successful.

10 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

@DizzyDavidson By "no trophy" you mean that you weren't able to access the Character Gallery or that after hitting "Upload" trophies didn't unlock?

I couldn't access the gallery. As soon as I selected it I got the servers are closed message (or whatever it says) and threw me back to the character customization.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, DizzyDavidson said:

@Dante_MS Sorry about not being clear. Yeah I finished the games a long time ago. I just wanted to help confirm that my versions of the games don't work either the way they're supposed to so people don't go buying multiple copies thinking that it does.

I'm guessing sometime between the end of January to now, the servers stopped working.

I like what Dante has posted for a workaround but a lot of people probably aren't going to go that far to get an online trophy. That's why more players need to jump on the online when there is a server announcement.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...