(Edit) My Steelport to shut down on January 31st, 2018 - Platinum actually still obtainable

IronDust71

4 minutes ago, gall90fghg said:

Official website of Saints Row stated on December 10th that My Steelport - the platform used to share characters - will shut down due to a significant reduction of its users.

This means that, if you did not obtain Jumped In for Saints Row: The Third and Saintified for Saints Row IV before January 31st, 2018, plats for these two games will become unobtainable!

It's time to get these games off your backlog if you didn't already do it.

Source: https://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/6121/

Really thanks for the heads up man

• Like 1

Just now, gall90fghg said:

With pleasure mate, I was quite surprised nobody already did a topic about it

I never do a topic like that since every time some one has already created this ?anyway thanks, i was intentionate to purchase sr3 german version to stack trophy, but at this point i don't know. Too many backlog, and i don't want to start a game for earn 1 trophy 

• Like 1

Just now, killer91ITA said:

I never do a topic like that since every time some one has already created this 1f602.pnganyway thanks, i was intentionate to purchase sr3 german version to stack trophy, but at this point i don't know. Too many backlog, and i don't want to start a game for earn 1 trophy 

Haha yeah I feel you on that one!

I wonder what have these devs in their minds when it comes to add online trophies to games that can be played and enjoyed completely offline. I mean, CoD games are all about competition, but Saints Row is about causing havoc alone. I played online in Gat Out of Hell since it requires 3 hours of online play with someone else to unlock the platinum and it's freaking boring. Devs, if you are reading, drop this stupid idea. OR release a patch that enables unlocking those trophies despite not having internet connection. In the guide, Jumped In Trophy states that you can get that trophy without internet, but the Saintified trophy doesn't say anything. In fact, Steam users wanted this achievement to be removed.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

It's always a shame to see the Online/MP components of a game being turned off . Many memoríes, cool plays and time spent with you/your friends will stay, and that's what matters.

Now, leaving that behind, I wonder if this games' server closures will/could affect Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. Given that it was a PS Plus IGC addition, lots of people probably have it, and from that group of people, there are some that haven't played it yet (myself included, as my backlog is getting too big). Because I recall that that game had 2/3 online Co-Op trophies, didn't it? Any information on that game's server status?

1 hour ago, DPJUST14 said:

It's always a shame to see the Online/MP components of a game being turned off . Many memoríes, cool plays and time spent with you/your friends will stay, and that's what matters.

Now, leaving that behind, I wonder if this games' server closures will/could affect Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. Given that it was a PS Plus IGC addition, lots of people probably have it, and from that group of people, there are some that haven't played it yet (myself included, as my backlog is getting too big). Because I recall that that game had 2/3 online Co-Op trophies, didn't it? Any information on that game's server status?

This announcement affects the ability to share characters and screenshots within game not the ability to play multiplayer. Gat out of Hell doesn't have a trophy related to this so there shouldn't be any rush to get it done. 

5 minutes ago, jka121 said:

The guides say there is no online trophies? I am confused 

Trophy doesn't actually require online. It will work even when the upload doesn't work as the trophy is triggered just by attempting the upload. Unless they patch the game to outright remove the upload option it won't be unachievable. 

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

Trophy doesn't actually require online. It will work even when the upload doesn't work as the trophy is triggered just by attempting the upload. Unless they patch the game to outright remove the upload option it won't be unachievable. 

Ok thank you for clarification 

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I keep saying this on anything related to online trophies like a broken record but...

" This is One of the Many Reasons Why Online Trophies Sucks! "

thank god that I done with saints row the third and 4 on the ps3 a long time ago, never liked SR4 as much as The Third and definitely not interested on the re-elected port.

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

What’s the online trophy in SR4? I know of the one in SR3, and I got that one. Is it basically the same thing in 4?

yes it's the same one as SR3,  you just create your own character and upload it and that's it.

it's considered an online related because other people can download your character ( in-game or from the game's own website ) and play as them on their own game as a random created character.... some say your character can appear as an NPC on other people games but I don't know if this is true.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...