Killzone 3 servers

wackt1

22 hours ago, wackt1 said:

is there anything up with the KZ3 servers? I know they are shutting down in march of 2018 but i can't seem to connect with my friend. Are there any current problems?

I had the same problem when trying to boost with a friend. No matter how many times we tried searching for a game at the same time, it wouldn't match us together. However, when I tried to boost with someone else we could connect just fine. I don't know why, but for some reason the game just doesn't allow you to connect to some people.

Edited by Pyramat

It only works if you are doing a 2vs2 squad matchmaking. (or 3vs3, etc.)

It's balancing.  Search at the same time and you won't have issues. 

The issue is that you guys are soloing, and therefore it wants to place you in an ongoing server.  Squads always want to keep people together with friends and so they put it vs other squads.  Simple really. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 12/29/2017 at 2:48 AM, DARKB1KE said:

It only works if you are doing a 2vs2 squad matchmaking. (or 3vs3, etc.)

It's balancing.  Search at the same time and you won't have issues. 

The issue is that you guys are soloing, and therefore it wants to place you in an ongoing server.  Squads always want to keep people together with friends and so they put it vs other squads.  Simple really. 

ah ok, thanks for telling me

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, diskdocx said:

Nope, I boosted through almost all of the DLC with just one friend, we never had troubles getting paired up.

How did you manage to get into the same game? Is there something special you did besides setting the same map preference and then picking the mode?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, kryptor_kris said:

How about saving xp ? 

we think the xp is not saving ?

It is incredibly unstable. I lost 400K XP on my way to level 31( 620K). However it only resets if you wait too long between games. The safest is to do it in one session. You can exist MP menu and even turn of PS3, just don't wait to long between games

Also, I didn't get to test it much, but if you do no exit MP menu, you can wait hours between games.

1 hour ago, Bezenko said:

It is incredibly unstable. I lost 400K XP on my way to level 31( 620K). However it only resets if you wait too long between games. The safest is to do it in one session. You can exist MP menu and even turn of PS3, just don't wait to long between games

Also, I didn't get to test it much, but if you do no exit MP menu, you can wait hours between games.

But you only need that for killzone 3 Multiplayer dont you ? 

also if you start on killzone 3 and you buy you unlocks will those unlocks also be unlocked in the stand alone killzone 3 MP game ?

9 minutes ago, kryptor_kris said:

Ive tried couple matches and yeh it didnt save maybe i was doing something wrong il give it a go later this week..

I also get hell lot of error codes?

Dont know if you had it?

Yes, very often error codes when connecting to MP and the "stats will not be saved" message upon joining.