Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 Online server shutdown - March 29, 2018

POEman553

I don't think I'll ever get platinum for this game, I hardly win a gold medal at easy (tips?) ?

It's just... too fast and I can't really concentrate on the movements.

For Bling Brigade: is it necessary to finish the campaign or I can just use the alternative Fury DLC skin?

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

4 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

For Bling Brigade: is it necessary to finish the campaign or I can just use the alternative Fury DLC skin?

The "alternative Fury DLC skin" (i guess you mean the CHROME Fury skin?) still requires to finish a campaign. In that case, the Fury one.

The other Fury skins do nothing.

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

I don't think I'll ever get platinum for this game, I hardly win a gold medal at easy (tips?) ?

It's just... too fast and I can't really concentrate on the movements.

I hope you are playing without auto pilot? Anyway, just stick to it and try to learn the courses. The AI can be cheap as hell, so the most important part is to stay calm.

The game can be brutal at times, so just do some breaks from time to time and be aware that the game can be a bitch. I am not a racing guy but managed to do it

with patience, dedication and a lot of hate ;) 

WipeOut 2048 on the other hand was fairly easy. Especially when compared to HD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The "alternative Fury DLC skin" (i guess you mean the CHROME Fury skin?) still requires to finish a campaign. In that case, the Fury one.

The other Fury skins do nothing.

I've read about after posting the previous message, otherwhise it would have been too simple ?

Since I'm missing just two areas I'll deal with the main HD campaign.

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

I hope you are playing without auto pilot? Anyway, just stick to it and try to learn the courses. The AI can be cheap as hell, so the most important part is to stay calm.

The game can be brutal at times, so just do some breaks from time to time and be aware that the game can be a bitch. I am not a racing guy but managed to do it

with patience, dedication and a lot of hate ;) 

WipeOut 2048 on the other hand was fairly easy. Especially when compared to HD.

I've played with and without auto pilot, but the real problem is that I'm not able to play at all for various reasons: it's too damn fast (I can't even turn that I hit a wall), I don't "feel" the movements of the vehicle since it levitates (I still don't know how to deal with airbrakers), the AI is too damn strong even on easy.

And I don't find a suitable command list.

But I've beaten Zico, still don't know how... 30:81 (OK... after like 200 and more laps)

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

23 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

I've played with and without auto pilot, but the real problem is that I'm not able to play at all for various reasons: it's too damn fast (I can't even turn that I hit a wall), I don't "feel" the movements of the vehicle since it levitates (I still don't know how to deal with airbrakers), the AI is too damn strong even on easy.

And I don't find a suitable command list.

But I've beaten Zico, still don't know how... 30:81 (OK... after like 200 and more laps)

Wait, what? If you have beaten Zico you are actually relly good. That means you mastered the course without auto pilot. I know it's a low speed class but still.

You should be able to progress in the main campaign, especially on easy. Try to finish the campaign on easy and than come back on the hardest setting.

And of course without auto pilot. ALWAYS

On 20.1.2018 at 8:45 PM, scFlinT-us said:

Does Fury Add-on provide any short-cut for prerequisites for this trophy?

On 20.1.2018 at 8:59 PM, IDiivil said:

I don't think the Fury DLC will help you.

So yes, in order to earn Bling Brigade, you will first have to complete the singleplayer HD campaign.

just FYI

Yes, I thought the fury skin might work as well. But my answer was as to whether having the fury DLC will be of considerable help, which I think it may not be seeing as you still need to beat one of the campaigns.

Of course if the Fury campaign is much easier than the HD one, then go ahead and do that.

8 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Yes, I thought the fury skin might work as well. But my answer was as to whether having the fury DLC will be of considerable help, which I think it may not be seeing as you still need to beat one of the campaigns.

Of course if the Fury campaign is much easier than the HD one, then go ahead and do that.

It's shorter and you don't need to Elite Gold it after for a trophy. Only DLC trophy related to the Fury campaign is for getting a medal in all cells, which gets you the Fury Campaign skin as well. If you started out medaling each cell in HD campaign just for the skin you have to redo it all again after anyway for ECL. 

2 hours ago, Gage said:

It's shorter and you don't need to Elite Gold it after for a trophy. Only DLC trophy related to the Fury campaign is for getting a medal in all cells, which gets you the Fury Campaign skin as well. If you started out medaling each cell in HD campaign just for the skin you have to redo it all again after anyway for ECL. 

Fair point. Still, I would argue that once you start going for elite golds, you're going to have to replay the shit out of the game anyway to get good enough at it.

So just to be sure, I really only have to do the following things online to get the Stats trophy?

Online Races played: Minimum 1 Win and minimum 1 loss

Laps: 1 online lap minimum 

Game time: Play at least 1 second online (but probably a lot more to be safe) 

Online kills: minimum 1 kill online

• 3 weeks later...

So I've got just over a month left, for the 50 kills and 10 wins. I know I only need a few more wins, as I did a tournament, and won a few of the races, and I got the complete 10 races trophy, before the end of that race tournament. Nobody seems to be boosting these two trophies, much to my frustration though. =(

Thanks for the detailed info on Stats Life! I for some reason am not having the QUAKE weapon register that I have absorbed it. That's the last thing I need for the trophy. I tried absorbing it in Campain, Racebox and online eliminator. Any help please!

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:27 AM, MATTKBAN said:

Thanks for the detailed info on Stats Life! I for some reason am not having the QUAKE weapon register that I have absorbed it. That's the last thing I need for the trophy. I tried absorbing it in Campain, Racebox and online eliminator. Any help please!

Are you sure you're not missing something else?

You need one kill and one one death in normal races (no eliminator mode, it won't count) too.