Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

I am glad to see this thread still alive and well. 

Sadly I have not been able to play my PS3 for months. Need to replace my poor broken controller, and not having good luck finding a working one. I did get a semi-decent knockoff that I have been puttering around with occasionally but it doesn't feel the same so I don't like using it. My most recent Dualshock 3 replacement came with the casing cracked open so not sure what was going on there but definitely an out of warranty tinkering job at best. 

Congrats to all those who have been making great progress! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With the end of the year in sight I have run out of steam a bit with my online trophy rampage. So I picked up Mirror's Edge from my initial list and have been working on that lately. I find the game pretty frustrating at times but did manage to get to 50 stars on the time trials yesterday.

I am now playing through the story on easy not shooting anybody, after which the playthrough on hard will follow immediately so that I will hopefully still know the routes.

Then it's on to the remaining and much dreaded chapter speedruns. The ones I have left are all worth their own ultra rare bronze, so the reward is there ;)

Mirror's Edge is a great game, but the time trials did expose its flaws a bit too much to really enjoy them. But that is also because I used to play a lot of defrag on PC. Trying to push this game into a defrag mindset is not advisable to say the least :P

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

With the end of the year in sight I have run out of steam a bit with my online trophy rampage. So I picked up Mirror's Edge from my initial list and have been working on that lately. I find the game pretty frustrating at times but did manage to get to 50 stars on the time trials yesterday.

I am now playing through the story on easy not shooting anybody, after which the playthrough on hard will follow immediately so that I will hopefully still know the routes.

Then it's on to the remaining and much dreaded chapter speedruns. The ones I have left are all worth their own ultra rare bronze, so the reward is there ;)

Mirror's Edge is a great game, but the time trials did expose its flaws a bit too much to really enjoy them. But that is also because I used to play a lot of defrag on PC. Trying to push this game into a defrag mindset is not advisable to say the least :P

Good luck with it mate... it's a great game.

I still need to finish the last two DLC trophies for 75 and 90 stars but I remember really enjoying it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

Good luck with it mate... it's a great game.

I still need to finish the last two DLC trophies for 75 and 90 stars but I remember really enjoying it

Thanks a lot, you too of course! I only downloaded the free additional time trial map and found it the easiest map of them all to be honest. Maybe because it did look and play a little more like your average defrag map, but it's probably just a teaser of far more difficult things to come. And I don't think I want to even go back to all my 1 or 2 star maps in the base game at this point. Playground 3 is just torture for me hehe. But who knows, maybe one day :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Final update for this year.  I've now earned the platinum in Oddworld, so I've updated my list accordingly.

- Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (63%)

- Worms: Revolution (82%)

- Frozen Synapse Prime (88%)

- Little Big Planet Karting :platinum: 100%

- Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate (88%)

- TMNT: Out Of The Shadows (68%)

- Street Fighter X Tekken (88%)

- Hitman: Blood Money :platinum: 100%

Lego Jurassic World :platinum: 100%

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (46%)

- BioShock 2 :platinum: 100%

- Dishonored :platinum: 94%

- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath :platinum:100%

- Okami HD :platinum: 100%

- Resistance 3

- Saints Row The Third :platinum: 100%

- Skydive: Proximity Flight 82% (don't think I'll get much further with this one)

Platinum but no 100%:

- The Last Of Us

- Worms 2: Armageddon

• Like 1

I recently got onto Operation Flashpoint: Red River again with my mate and we got one of the tougher trophies out the way. I'm hoping we can get the last one done before new year so I can have at least one more game added here. Got quite slack this last half of the year with completion of games, instead focusing more on online trophies. But maybe on next year's run I'll knock more out :)

• Like 2

End of year update woohoo!! I am really very happy with my progress, even though the original list I posted was only completed for about 10% :)

It's been a fun year where I did things I usually stay clear from, like playing online. I got trophies legit whenever I could (RDR for example) but also had a couple of very nice boosting sessions. I helped people get trophies I already had myself and met some very nice folks who did the same for me, without even wanting anything in return. I sometimes beat server shutdown dates by as little as a few hours. In total I achieved 25 PS3 platinums in 2018 and for about 15 games I just finished the online trophies. I also bought way too many new games but that will be something to deal with in 2019 ;)

These are the games where I got the platinum in 2018, either after starting it fresh this year or coming back to it after a long time not playing:

1. Alice: Madness Returns - The only one on my original list that I platted. Very good game and pretty easy as well. I hope for a sequel at some point, although chances are slim that will happen.
  2. C.S.I. Fatal Conspiracy - I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.
  3. Driver: San Francisco - Finally completed this year, one of my favourite games I think. Online largely boosted with some fun people.
  4. F1 2010 - A terrible grind in all areas which exhausted some of my boosting buddies but I did get there in the end myself.
  5. F1 2011 - Much less grindy than the previous game already. Probably the fastest of the PS3 F1 plats, but not the easiest.
  6. F1 2012 - Second hand copy that came with an unused VIP pass. Cars are too finnicky here for my taste, maybe better with a wheel.
  7. F1 2013 - Very enjoyable game, especially with the included classic cars and tracks.
  8. F1 2014 - The easiest plat but also most fun to drive of all the PS3 F1 plats in my opinion.
  9. F.E.A.R. 3 - One of my favourite PS3 games and I enjoyed finally getting the platinum for it.
  10. GRID 2 - Way too much drifting in this one to suite my driving style but easy enough to plat regardless
  11. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan - I liked this game far more than many other people think I should. Platted it during my free trial of PS Now.
  12. Magus - What's it with my love for these meme games? I enjoyed blasting through it on PS Now.
  13. Master Reboot - Came 'free' with PS+ and using a walkthrough it was enjoyable enough to complete it.
  14. Monster Jam: Battlegrounds - Not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, I enjoyed most of it.
  15. NASCAR 14 - I enjoy a bit of NASCAAAAAAAR sometimes and the cars handle very well in my opinion. Not the easiest game to plat though because of the annoying season challenges. Online trophies can all be done solo, which is always good.
  16. NCIS Game - Meme game again I suppose and yet again I enjoyed it a lot!
  17. PDC World Championships Darts: Pro Tour - I used to play a little darts competitively so I knew I had to plat this some day. Easy enough once you learn how to abuse the aiming system and then it's just a bit of a grind.
  18. Red Dead Redemption - The best game I have ever played and finally I have the plat as well! Using the triple XP trick for the online by removing the patch and grinding hideouts in LAN in a single weekend. Enough to drive anyone nuts but it was all worth it in the end.
  19. Sound Shapes - Cloud synced after doing it legit on a combination of Vita and PS4. I have no regrets.
  20. Supercar Challenge - The driving model of this game is terrible but once you learn how to change the assists so that you are instantly a couple of seconds per lap faster you can even keep the auto break on. The grind for the money trophy was pretty bad and I did not do myself any favours by buying cars during the campaign (ah, so that is what "not cummulative" means... d'oh!)
  21. Terminator Salvation - Meme games are fun. (Did I mention I ordered Ride to Hell: Retribution? :D) With some added "foot soldier" type enemies and less useless teammates it could have been a lot better. But that's likely an AI problem that they just could not sort out.
  22. Tomb Raider - Another one of my favourite games ever, let alone on the PS3. I used the health pack method to get to level 60 solo and it really wasn't all that bad.
  23. Truck Racer - Played and platted during the free trial of PS Now and I know that people shit on this game a lot but I quite enjoyed it myself.
  24. Watch_Dogs - Another of my favourite games. I was not really into console games yet when this one was hyped and left many people disappointed. So I experienced it for what it was and I enjoyed it a lot.
  25. XBlaze Lost: Memories - This one was 'free' on PS+ in december 2017. I knew I was probably not going to like this game but I still wanted to make sure. I was right, this is not my kind of fun. I did make it to the end just for the plat and to get at least something out of the wreckage :)
Edited by pinkrobot_pb
Finally found some time to update the list with some personal notes.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A small update on my PS3 backlog:

1. Monster Jam: Battlegrounds
  2. Feeding Frenzy 2
  3. Guacamelee!
  4. XBlaze: Lost Memories
  5. Monster Jam Battlegrounds
  6. Feeding Frenzy 2
  7. XBlaze: Lost Memories
  8. Ultratron
  9. Titan Attacks!
  10. Daytona USA
  11. Frogger Returns
  12. Puppeteer
  13. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  14. Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi
  15. Super Hang on
  16. Brave
  17. Tekken Tag Tournament HD
  18. Tekken 6
  19. Jurassic Park: The Survivors (Ep4)
  20. Doodle God
  21. Contrast
  22. Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 1 The Penal Zone
  23. Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
  24. Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 3: They Stole Max's Brain

25. Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 4: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls

26. Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse - Episode 5: The City that Dares Not Sleep

27. Pooyoos - Episode 2

28. Virtua Fighter 2

29. Minecraft Story Mode

30. Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 1

31. Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 2

32. Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 3

33. Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 4

34. Tales of Monkey Island: Episode 5

Currently working on getting the last FIFA trophies I can as most of them are unobtainable.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Edunstar84 is this thread dead now?

No, it's still alive and kicking. It's just difficult to find and update due to me having lost my laptop. If there's anything new to update I can do it this weekend.

EDiT: Seems it hasn't been updated since January. I'm definitely still interested in keeping the thread, since I've just checked completed Tales of Zestiria.

Edited by Edunstar84

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, beerwego said:

I have finished Murdered Soul suspect and I'm currently working on Heavy Rain.... So I might need to add some more games if its been updated ?

Updated! Will you be going back to Tintin after Heavy Rain? I see that you have 2 more trophies left before the plat. Are the challenges difficult?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Updated! Will you be going back to Tintin after Heavy Rain? I see that you have 2 more trophies left before the plat. Are the challenges difficult?

I don't know if I can face it... Its the damn plane challenges that I hate..... Never say never but too many other games to worry about it atm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

HEAVY RAIN...... Is platinumed after 9 years and 2 months. A game I loved and a lesson in not lending a game before you complete it! 

Adding to list 

Toy story 3......27% and unplayed for 5 years 

Trine.... 0%

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and punishment  0%

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!! Something to add here again :D

I finished Uncharted 3 100% a couple of nights ago. Only had curator medal to finish, but it's done finally!! So we can add that one to the completed list.

Also, I'm at the final save point of Kingdom Hearts, so that should be done very soon as well for my last trophy.

After that, it's going to be operation online trophies for a while, but I will always have this thread to come back to if I get tired of online for a while :) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...