Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

Been meaning to join in on the fun for about a week now, but it's time to stop being lazy and actually post a list :P. Some of these are games that I'm almost done with, while some are games that I haven't even installed yet, don't expect to finish every game here but I'm gonna try anyway ?. I'll try to do this in order of % completed, keyword being try:

Spoiler

Command & Conquer: RA3 (88%)

Gran Turismo 5 (86%)

Modnation Racers (81%)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (81%)

The Sims 3 (58%)

Fallout: New Vegas (51%)

Heavy Rain (51%)

Farming Simulator (42%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (42%)  --> (45%)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added January 5th) (40%)

Sonic Adventure (36%)

Beyond Two Souls (36%)

Ratchet & Clank: FFA (32%)

Steins;Gate (19%)

Echochrome (19%)

One Piece Pirate Warriors (18% & about 200 episodes left to get caught up to this game's events)

Tales of Zestiria (16%)

Tales of Graces f (14%)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (8%)

Remember Me (7%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (Uninstalled)

Okami HD (Uninstalled)

Assassin's Creed Rouge (Uninstalled)

Catherine (Unstarted)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Unstarted)

Monster Jam Battlegrounds (Unstarted)

Edited by Ratchet2425
Add new game

On 21.12.2017 at 11:51 AM, gernboes said:

Great, then I'll join!

I'll post my list a bit later!

Ok, "bit later" didnt rellay workout, and tomorrow im leaving town for a few days, so i can post my list only next year, if thats ok?

Edited by gernboes
double post

On 12/26/2017 at 10:18 PM, gernboes said:

Ok, "bit later" didnt rellay workout, and tomorrow im leaving town for a few days, so i can post my list only next year, if thats ok?

That's alright. This event is supposed to be stress free. 

12 hours ago, Kurorac said:

Your edit didn't work correctly. You have to open my list to see the others after me.

I'm trying to find a game I'll start with. Any suggestions anyone?

These are the easy ones that won't be too hard or long that I would recommend:

Akiba's Trip -  multiple playthroughs, but very short. Nice, fun and action-packed

Alice: Madness Returns - not that difficult.

Ar Tonelico Qoga - I'm currently playing this game. There are many missables, but if you follow a guide it's not too bad. Unfortunately for me I missed two. I see that you've completed Finnel's normal and true ending. You'll probably have an easier time doing this first and finishing the game.

Tomb Raider - easy and fun. There are collectible trophies, but you there's the post-game without too many enemies coming back.

Okami HD - in my opinion, moderately easy. A few missable trophies but if you follow a guide, it shouldn't take you more than 65 hours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Will try to pull my finger out and compile a list in the next day or two..... looking at my backlog is pretty scary though, lol

Juust have a beer or 5 and it will start to look better :P

With the closure of the Killzone 2 and 3 severs I’ve jumped back into Killzone 2 and nearly have all the MP trophies then it’ll be a couple of playthroughs for the plat. I already have the plat for Killzone 3 so I just need to get the DLC trophies now. Even though these are not in my backlog as I have played them before, getting 100% will decrease my played but not completed list of PS3 games.

• Like 1

I'd like to sign up for this as extra motivation to clear out a very small portion of my backlog which contain online content. My buddy @FilmFanatic chose 15 games so I'll do the same.

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - Just started this yesterday. Story is interesting so far

2) Assassin's Creed III - Earned the very first trophy in the game and realized Revelations came before 3

3) Assassin's Creed IV - Just earned the first trophy in the game and was bored from just finishing the PS4 versions standalone version.

4) Bioshock - Started this game as my 100th Plat and didn't finish it. Want to finish it before going after 2 and infinite

5) Bioshock 2 - Have a trophy or two in this already. Wasn't feeling it at the time. Happens to me a lot lol

6) Bioshock infinite - Might as well finish out the whole set right?

7) Demon Souls - Started this game when I first got my PS3 many moons ago. Now that the servers are going down, should probably get this done.

8) Diablo 3 - Have a good portion done already. Started playing the PS4 version at the same time as this and the ps4 version won.

9) Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - Have 3 lego games left on the ps3 that I started and got bored of. 

10 Lego the hobbit - See above

11) Lego Lord of the rings - Now having seen the movies, looking forward to this

12) Need for Speed the run - Story is just about complete

13) Need for Speed Shift 2 unleashed - Need to finish the online

14) Prince of persia - Warrior within - This has been sitting at the top of my closest to finishing games forever but stuck in a bad place with no health. Terrible save

15) Uno - The grind to the top of the leaderboard will take forever.

1 minute ago, FilmFanatic said:

@Couch luckily for me 15 games is my entire backlog of unstarted PS3 games :P. Might I also recommend starting with Demon’s Souls from your list as it is a fantastic game (though maybe I’m just biased as it’s my favourite game series).

Unstarted I probably have 250ish haha. Should probably stop adding to the collection lol.

I've played both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Bloodborne is absolutely amazing. I like DS3 but nowhere near as much. Looking forward to going back to Demon Souls now that I'm comfortable enough with these kind of games.

Thanks for creating the backlog list. Can I add two more games, Resonance of Fate and Tears to Tiara II to the list? Nearly forgot about these two great strategical RPGs on my backlog. I read about them having a quite steep learning curve. 

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

I'd like to join, haven't touched my PS3 in a while so should try to finish or at least play through some games I bought for it.

1. Batman Telltale

2. Far Cry 4

3. Harry Potter DH P1

4. Harry Potter DH P2

5. Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments

6. Murdered Soul Suspect

7. Fear 2

8. Fear 3

9. Lego Batman 2

10. Ratchet and Clank 3

4 hours ago, Couch said:

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - Just started this yesterday. Story is interesting so far (MP help pls...)

2) Assassin's Creed III - Earned the very first trophy in the game and realized Revelations came before 3 (See above)

3) Assassin's Creed IV - Just earned the first trophy in the game and was bored from just finishing the PS4 versions standalone version. (And Again)

4) Bioshock - Started this game as my 100th Plat and didn't finish it. Want to finish it before going after 2 and infinite (Definitely possible to a full run on Survivor with no Vita Chambers, gets easier when you get some upgrades)

5) Bioshock 2 - Have a trophy or two in this already. Wasn't feeling it at the time. Happens to me a lot lol (I sense a pattern with my MP issues...)

6) Bioshock infinite - Might as well finish out the whole set right? (1999 mode is a pain in the ass)

14) Prince of persia - Warrior within - This has been sitting at the top of my closest to finishing games forever but stuck in a bad place with no health. Terrible save (You can breeze through the game on Easy to get all the Artwork and bits in about 4 hours :) )

I sense a theme with my issues on some of my games now...

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:30 PM, black__bunny said:

Hell l’ll happily jump on this, I’d love more motivation to clear my PS3 backlog and knock out the plats finally. My back log, like many other people who have posted, is insane. So here's my choice for 10 otherwise ill be here all day trying to list them.

Updated  

Here's my list:

1. Dead Rising 2 (28%) Have all the mp trophies done so just need to grind playthroughs, simple but the challenge will be to continue trough the boredom

2. Star Wars: the Force Unleashed 2 (50%) Only need a hard play-through and clean up trophies.

3.The Last of Us (60%) Getting the mp trophies done atm and then ill need to do a survivor run

4. LBP2 (67%) Need to ace levels, all prize bubbles, create trophies and other misc

5. DJ Hero (71%) I must be insane to attempt this but I want to at leave give it a go seeing as its on my profile. Online is done at least

6. Castlevania LoS (26%) Just finish my first run, need to do paladin difficulty, trials and other misc

7. Borderlands (53%) Need to do a second run and the DLC

8. Bioshock 2 (0%) Starting a new one, need to get started on this mp asap before the online goes down

9. Prince of Persia (0%) because ill need something relatively simple to play after Bioshock 2

10. GTAIV (76%) Finally time to finish this, need BoGT DLC and pigeons, jumps and 100%. Online was done back when gamespy was going down so the worst is already done 

I've updated my list on the original post, but also going to add in a bonus round in case I somehow manage to plat all these.

11. Spider-man: Shattered dimensions (0%)

12. CoD: Black Ops (34%)

13. AC: Brotherhood (77%)

14. Bulletstorm (34%)

15. Fallout 3 (0%)

Yesssss I'd like to join please! 2018 was going to be my year of PS3 so this is a great event to keep the motivation up.

My backlog is quite extensive so I'll just pull a few that I wanted to work on first:

In no particular order

Record of Agarest War

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

Tales of Symphonia

Red Dead Redemption - 24%

Demon's Souls

Digimon: All Star Rumble

Deception IV: Blood Ties - 14%

Okami

Heavy Rain

Beyond Two Souls

And I see you also have White Knight Chronicles, Edunstar :P That's one that I'm scared to start, but maybe you'll inspire me.

Just glad I managed to budge in here just at the end of the deadline lol

I would like to sign up for this: 

1. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock 
  2. Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal 
  3. Rock Band 2 
  4. WRC 5 
  5. Spare Parts 
  6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands 
  7. Blazblue 
  8. Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories 
  9. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  10. Fallout 3 

I'll start with 10 games and see how much progress I make as the year progresses. These are all games that are already on my account and I'd like to get my completion rate up in the new year so I'll make sure to finish these before I add any new games.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, fantrig99 said:

Thanks for creating the backlog list. Can I add two more games, Resonance of Fate and Tears to Tiara II to the list? Nearly forgot about these two great strategical RPGs on my backlog. I read about them having a quite steep learning curve. 

Resonance of Fate does have a very nice tutorial in it.  Once you can access the arena you can do tutorial battles at your leisure and they really helped me figure things out.  Once you get down hero actions and tri-attacks the game becomes so much more fun and a lot easier.  Resonance of Fate mostly has a steep learning curve because there is so much involved in the battle system and it doesn't force you to do the tutorials like most games do.  But the plat does require two playthroughs so it's going to be a lengthy one.

• Like 1

Ah, go on then: :D

Work In Progress:

- Worms: Ultimate Mayhem (63%)

- Worms: Revolution (82%)

- Frozen Synapse Prime (88%)

- Little Big Planet Karting (65%)

- Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate (88%)

- TMNT: Out Of The Shadows (68%)

- Street Fighter X Tekken (88%)

Unstarted:

- Hitman: Blood Money

- Lego Jurassic World

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

- Okami HD

- Resistance 3

- Saints Row The Third

- Saints Row IV

- Skydive: Proximity Flight

Platinum but no 100%:

- Dishonored

- BioShock 2

- The Last Of Us

- Worms 2: Armageddon

I doubt I'll get all of these done, especially with PS4 games also needing played, and I doubt I'll even be able to plat MGR, but I'd like to at least play it.  But we'll see what happens!

Edited by StewartBros