Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I got a wonderful tip from @Kurorac about adding spoiler tags. I will update the OP this weekend, and finally make it right again. What are you guys planning on playing this weekend?

Same thing I've been playing all week, working on that end game grind for Ni no Kuni.  Still got alchemy items, taming familiars, 1000 battles, 500k guilders, finishing quests, maxing familiar familiarity and stats and so on to do.  Hope to knock a few of those off the to do list this weekend.

• Like 1

Quick update for me, I've been fairly sick all week so I haven't been able to do much, but I did manage to pop some trophies in Neptuina mk2, along with finish the online to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen thanks to Darkb1ke (A game which I will add to my list as soon as I post this). Also been playing alot of Farming Simulator the past couple days, just relaxing and harvesting some crops :P, along with trying to find the 1 Horseshoe I missed. Hopefully I can make abit more progress in my games this coming week, might try to finish off Transformers while I'm in the mood for it ?

On 1/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, damage_6-9 said:

Ok, my starting list will be:

1. Alice: Madness Returns  -8%
  2. Aliens vs Predator  -41%
  3. Alone In The Dark  -23%
  4. Alpha Protocol  -1%
  5. Anarchy Reigns  - 2%
  6. AC III   -1%
  7. AC Black Flag
  8. AC Liberation HD
  9. AC Revelations
  10. AC Rogue
  11. Batman - telltale
  12. Arkham City  -3%
  13. Arkham Asylum  -5%
  14. Arkham Origins  -13%
  15. Bad Company  -82%
  16. BF Hardline
  17. Bayonetta   -1%
  18. BioShock series
  19. GoW series

Will definitely be adding more as the year progresses :)

20. Truck Racer 50%

21. Tales from the Borderlands 38%

Edited by Stevieboy
multiple posting

So it seems something is wrong with my usb connector for DJ hero. Don't really have to the time to start looking for a replacement so I'm just going to swap the game out and put it at the "get around to it". For now I'm going to replace it in my list with Kingdom Hearts, haven't started it and it looks like it needs 3 play-throughs so it will be a bit more of a challenge. 

Haven't started the other games in my list just yet, been busy boosting mp for Crysis 2 and enjoying some Killzone 3 before the servers are shut off forever ?

Edited by black__bunny

I have been working on a real life round of "Surviving Sinusitis". Unfortunately all the games I wanted to work on for the PS3 are either painful to my headache or my patience right now, so on hold for a bit.

On a related note, if your kids have been sick for a while with a really bad productive cough please cancel your Christmas travel plans or at least tell everyone else that you are bringing sick kids so they can find somewhere else to stay that does not involve sharing a house with you for a week. Otherwise that's going to be the year you gave everyone Sinusitis for Christmas and left them figuring out how to politely extract themselves as cost effectively as possible after they already arrived while trying to salvage whatever other plans they made for the holidays. I know you only really see everyone twice a year but some people would prefer to enjoy the holidays rather than fantasizing about how that one day at boot camp with the tear gas would be really awesome for the nasal passages right now.

At any rate, on antibiotics now, so should be back at it in a week or so. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I got a wonderful tip from @Kurorac about adding spoiler tags. I will update the OP this weekend, and finally make it right again. What are you guys planning on playing this weekend?

Glad I could help :D

I'll play through Steins Gate Zero this weekend, after watching the anime again two weeks ago.

After that I'll probably start a PS3 game from my backlog.

I really want to finish Skyrim, but I don't know how to get my smithing to lvl 80 (or 100 for another trophy) as fast as possible. The rest of the trophies are easy after that.

OK, I finally have my list ready!

Abyss Odyssey  

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon  

Alpha Protocol

Assassin's Creed III  

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Asura's Wrath  

Batman: Arkham City  

Batman: Arkham Origins  

Dead Space 3  

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut  

Dungeon Siege III

Fallout: New Vegas  

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon  

Final Fantasy XIII  

Final Fantasy XIII-2  

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes  

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4  

Lego The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game  

Mars: War Logs  

Mass Effect 2  

Mass Effect 3  

Medal of Honor: Warfighter  

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch  

Nier  

Papo & Yo

Puppeteer  

Quantum Conundrum  

Rage  

Saw: The Video Game

Shadows of the Damned

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Spare Parts

Syndicate (2012)  

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

The Saboteur

Vanquish  

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine  

Way of the Samurai 4  

Wonderbook: Book of Spells  

Yakuza 3  

Yakuza 4  

Yakuza: Dead Souls Play

Thats my long term list though, i will provide details like progress, goal etc. each time i start to work on a particular game! (In 2017 i only finished 3 games on PS3, i really hope i can manage more this year!)

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 7:28 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Ok, my starting list will be:

1. Alice: Madness Returns  -8%
  2. Aliens vs Predator  -41%
  3. Alone In The Dark  -23%
  4. Alpha Protocol  -1%
  5. Anarchy Reigns  - 2%
  6. AC III   -1%
  7. AC Black Flag
  8. AC Liberation HD
  9. AC Revelations
  10. AC Rogue
  11. Batman - telltale
  12. Arkham City  -3%
  13. Arkham Asylum  -5%
  14. Arkham Origins  -13%
  15. Bad Company  -82%
  16. BF Hardline
  17. Bayonetta   -1%
  18. BioShock series
  19. GoW series

Will definitely be adding more as the year progresses :)

20. Tales from the Borderlands - 38%

21. Truck Racer- 50%

2 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I don't unfortunately :< What set of clothes did you go for for Furry Fashionista?

Sadly it only works with couch co-op.

For the Fashionista trophy I used the ninja set, because it only consists of two pieces of clothing (Cloths and Socks). Was the easiest for me.

• Like 1

Soufwar Update: 

i made progress in Battlefield 3 and now i am rank 17 in multiplayer, halfway through the coop mode and finished the single player campaign, i only have to do cleanup for singleplayer finish the coop then enjoy multiplayer and maybe boost the ranks once i unlock all the game has to offer. I’ve also been enjoying GTA IV quite a lot and i am 60% through the game, i’ll have to replay it for the 30 hour speedrun since i missed that trophy but the game so far has been mind blowing, i am going to start a session to find a partner to boost multiplayer with sometime soon, maybe after i finish all the ribbons in Battlefield 3. I’ve also been enjoying Frozen Freefall Snowball Fight quite a lot, i am in level 41 and has 3 stars in all the levels i have played (it proved harder than i though), i unlocked almost all base game trophies so far, its quite a fun game to play while listening to podcasts, i am playing it on a blank account and will only sync it when its 100%ed, now only 160 more levels need 3 stars for me to get that 500 stars trophy in the game x) 

Edit: i might go back to PS4 for a few weeks after i finish the coop mode in BF3 and the story mode in GTA IV but we’re not there yet so i’ll try my best to finish these games and maybe 100% if i could. I’ll keep updating as the year progresses. 

Edited by Soufwar

Finished raging blast 2! Finally so glad that ones done!

On 1/5/2018 at 4:24 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Final Fantasy X-2 you can speed up the progress if you have a new copy for Vita!! It's how i got through FFX HD! 

Unfortunately I dont have a vita? how does the vita speed it up?

Made a start on Tokyo Jungle, not really enjoying it, started digging into RDR and I'm speeding through my challenges. Really enjoyed this game last time i played it and I'm really enjoying it this time too.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

quixk question. I managed XBLAZE. but while going back for stick of truth plat (have plat ps4. figure go. back for ps3)... 

my ps3 lags a bit during blocks etc. so I tried and during XBLAZE it lagged a bit too.

so I did the restore file system and the option 4 (?), 

any other suggestions. it's a small pain in the ass. but I really want my ps3 a bit less laggy so I can start and finish far cry 3 before 5 is out. 

side note: if I need to change hard drive. is it simple? ps3 is not slim but not the launch ones lol

33 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

quixk question. I managed XBLAZE. but while going back for stick of truth plat (have plat ps4. figure go. back for ps3)... 

my ps3 lags a bit during blocks etc. so I tried and during XBLAZE it lagged a bit too.

so I did the restore file system and the option 4 (?), 

any other suggestions. it's a small pain in the ass. but I really want my ps3 a bit less laggy so I can start and finish far cry 3 before 5 is out. 

side note: if I need to change hard drive. is it simple? ps3 is not slim but not the launch ones lol

If you mean you have the original fat, backwards compatible PS3 then there may not be much you can do about lag. When I first played CoD: Black Ops 2 on mine I was only able to play for 30 seconds (literally) before it overheated and shutdown. I booted it back up and this time I only got as far as the main menu before the same thing happened. Basically the OG PS3 was too old to handle running the game (others had the same problem). So that may be the cause of your lag. When I upgraded to the Slim I had no issues at all. As for changing the hard drive it’s very easy. There’s plenty of websites with instructions on how to do it.

23 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

If you mean you have the original fat, backwards compatible PS3 then there may not be much you can do about lag. When I first played CoD: Black Ops 2 on mine I was only able to play for 30 seconds (literally) before it overheated and shutdown. I booted it back up and this time I only got as far as the main menu before the same thing happened. Basically the OG PS3 was too old to handle running the game (others had the same problem). So that may be the cause of your lag. When I upgraded to the Slim I had no issues at all. As for changing the hard drive it’s very easy. There’s plenty of websites with instructions on how to do it.

no. mine is 160gb. has the newer ps3 logo but isn't slim. it's like mid ps3 gen. came out after fat originals. push buttons not touch.

11 hours ago, Ottobot31 said:

Finished raging blast 2! Finally so glad that ones done!

Unfortunately I dont have a vita1f622.png how does the vita speed it up?

Because you can cross-save your data and carry on where you left off on your PS3 or 4, trophies like maxing out the Sphere grid and capturing all fiends is made a lot easier and much faster to obtain since you can grind on the go for that platinum! 

Lfc5487.png

I started an Alpha Protocol yesterday, a game i was interested from the start but somehow didnt get to play or even buy it. Then i picked it up some time ago for dirt cheap and just yesterday opened the shrink wrap :)

My goal will be to complete the story for now. After my first playthrough i will decide if i will go for the plat or not. I want to do a blind playthrough first, so i would need three playthroughs for the plat, dont know yet if i want to do that.

• Like 3