Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Got the Ni no Kuni plat, so that's 1 off my PS3 backlog.  Now on to FFXIII because obviously I want to torture myself with another grindy plat.  Though I have to say, it's really nice to have the plat in Ni no Kuni at last since it was my first game played on PS3.

Congrats! Wow, that's amazing! Ni No Kuni was the 1st game I bought myself for PS3. I was given Uncharted 2 - which I still need to get through. Do you have plans to get the 2nd game eventually? It comes out in a couple of months.

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats! Wow, that's amazing! Ni No Kuni was the 1st game I bought myself for PS3. I was given Uncharted 2 - which I still need to get through. Do you have plans to get the 2nd game eventually? It comes out in a couple of months.

Nah, only sequels I have plans to buy this year are CS4 and The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.  Maybe when it comes down in price, or if it's getting really good reviews, but definitely not at release.

Nice work on the plat in Ni no Kuni! I hope the other competitors compadres are doing well too.

After finishing up Medal of Honor: Airborne I have continued with Resistance: Fall of Man and am about to wrap up the campaign with the last few hard levels. I love this game!

Edit: phew those last few levels were pretty intense, even on easy! But that's two down. Time to pick a game from the ones with trophy support.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

Update 2:

Continued work on AC revelations this week. Actually platted it today and started work on the single player dlc. Enjoyed the story but the ending left me confused. Wondering if AC3 picks up where Desmond's story ends here? Will find out soon enough. MP was fun but could only really play deathmatch since the servers aren't active and had to boost the remaining xp. Tomorrow should result in a full 100% and will move onto demon souls next. 

2018 PS3 Backlog Goal:

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - 76% & Platinum achieved - updated

2) Assassin's Creed III - 1%

3) Assassin's Creed IV - 1%

4) Bioshock - 42%

5) Bioshock 2 - 1%

6) Bioshock infinite - 1%

7) Demon Souls - 13%

8) Diablo 3 - 36%

9) Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 2%

10 Lego the hobbit - 5%

11) Lego Lord of the rings - 23%

12) Need for Speed the run - 40%

13) Need for Speed Shift 2 unleashed - 22%

14) Prince of persia - Warrior within - 59%

15) Uno - 71%

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Couch said:

Update 2:

Continued work on AC revelations this week. Actually platted it today and started work on the single player dlc. Enjoyed the story but the ending left me confused. Wondering if AC3 picks up where Desmond's story ends here? Will find out soon enough. MP was fun but could only really play deathmatch since the servers aren't active and had to boost the remaining xp. Tomorrow should result in a full 100% and will move onto demon souls next. 

2018 PS3 Backlog Goal:

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - 76% & Platinum achieved - updated

2) Assassin's Creed III - 1%

4) Bioshock - 42%

5) Bioshock 2 - 1%

7) Demon Souls - 13%

8) Diablo 3 - 36%

10 Lego the hobbit - 5%

15) Uno - 71%

Have all of them except Uno in my backlog too, lol

• Like 1

Not much to report on in this update, other than that I completed my first game as a part of this challenge last weekend. While waiting around before going to work on Saturday evening I decided to start up Monster Jam Battlegrounds just to see what it was like, shortly after I got home from work on Sunday evening I had obtained the platinum. It's an absolutely terrible game (This coming from a former fan of Monster Jam when I was younger), but alright if you're looking for a quick plat for a trophy comp or something. Also managed to make some progress in Fallout New Vegas: Completed the Honest Hearts DLC, did some challenges from the GRA DLC, and managed to find an easy way to get 50 pickpockets thanks to the Trophy Guide on this website. Here's all of my updated stats:

Spoiler

Command & Conquer: RA3 (88%)

Gran Turismo 5 (86%)

Modnation Racers (81%)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (81%)

The Sims 3 (58%)

Fallout: New Vegas (51%) --> (63%)

Heavy Rain (51%)

Farming Simulator (42%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (42%)  --> (45%)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added January 5th) (40%)

Sonic Adventure (36%)

Beyond Two Souls (36%)

Ratchet & Clank: FFA (32%)

Steins;Gate (19%)

Echochrome (19%)

One Piece Pirate Warriors (18% & about 200 episodes left to get caught up to this game's events)

Tales of Zestiria (16%)

Tales of Graces f (14%)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (8%)

Remember Me (7%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (Uninstalled)

Okami HD (Uninstalled)

Assassin's Creed Rouge (Uninstalled)

Catherine (Unstarted)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Unstarted)

Monster Jam Battlegrounds (Unstarted) --> (100%) (Completed on January 8th)

Edited by Ratchet2425
Actually updated the stats :face_palm:

Update 1:

I've platinum'd Shadow of the Colossus and OMG ? i thought i wasn't going to be able to. Those Hard Time Attacks were one of the most difficult things i've ever encountered in a game. After playing this game i thought i got rid of THE most difficult game in my backlog (8.5/10) but noooo, the hardest games that i have to plat in my entire PS4 AND PS3 collections are in my PS3 backlog with the hardest being 9.9/10 difficulty to :platinum:. F*** my trophy hunter life ?

Also Call of Duty: Black Ops passed from 44% -> 48%, not much but it's something.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cold_Titan said:

Update 1:

I've platinum'd Shadow of the Colossus and OMG 1f631.png i thought i wasn't going to be able to. Those Hard Time Attacks were one of the most difficult things i've ever encountered in a game. After playing this game i thought i got rid of THE most difficult game in my backlog (8.5/10) but noooo, the hardest games that i have to plat in my entire PS4 AND PS3 collections are in my PS3 backlog with the hardest being 9.9/10 difficulty to :platinum:. F*** my trophy hunter life 1f622.png

Also Call of Duty: Black Ops passed from 44% -> 48%, not much but it's something.

Grats on the plat. That's an impressive one!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cold_Titan said:

Update 1:

I've platinum'd Shadow of the Colossus and OMG 1f631.png i thought i wasn't going to be able to. Those Hard Time Attacks were one of the most difficult things i've ever encountered in a game. After playing this game i thought i got rid of THE most difficult game in my backlog (8.5/10) but noooo, the hardest games that i have to plat in my entire PS4 AND PS3 collections are in my PS3 backlog with the hardest being 9.9/10 difficulty to :platinum:. F*** my trophy hunter life 1f622.png

Congrats! And I know how you feel most of my PS3 backlog are hard, long JRPGs.

• Like 2

Forgot to say that all the games that have multiplayer in my backlog will be a priority right now as i'm afraid the online can closed in the near future. So i'll be working on multiple games at once.

Working on it:

- Borderlands 2 -> 1 online trophy 

- Call of Duty: Black Ops -> 3 online trophies (DLC's trophies not included)

- The Last of Us -> 16 online trophies (DLC's trophies included)

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker -> 1 online trophy

- Army of Two: The 40th Day -> 2 online trophies (even though i can't plat this one because of 1 stupid trophy i'll try to get all the other trophies just for completion percentage sake and OCD... mostly OCD)

• Like 1

@Edunstar84, I will list the games I have finished as we both know I have far too many to add to create a list :P

So, these I have finished this year so far:

1. Monster Jam: Battlegrounds
  2. Feeding Frenzy 2
  3. Guacamelee!
  4. XBlaze: Lost Memories

Will be trying to do Trine 2 and the Sam & Max episodic games as well as Contrast before the end of the month.

• Like 3

On 08/01/2018 at 7:07 PM, gernboes said:

Lfc5487.png

I started an Alpha Protocol yesterday, a game i was interested from the start but somehow didnt get to play or even buy it. Then i picked it up some time ago for dirt cheap and just yesterday opened the shrink wrap :)

My goal will be to complete the story for now. After my first playthrough i will decide if i will go for the plat or not. I want to do a blind playthrough first, so i would need three playthroughs for the plat, dont know yet if i want to do that.

How is it? I have it in my backlog for many years (not for this event though). 

Still working on blazblue CS. Finished legion mode on all 3 difficulties and arcade on hell difficulty. Started the 100 combo challenges... currently a whopping 6% done. 

All thats left is 7 combos with the dlc characters, 100 combos all up, score attack, a couple of gallery picks and training for an hour.

Also nearly done with uncharted fight for fortune, but its a vita game, so not part of this event either

Is there something special I need to do to get my stats in the first post to update? Like do this explicitly:

1. Medal of Honor: Airborne 100%
  2. Resistance: Fall of Man 100%

Of course I am keeping track of all this myself but it would be nice to see my list updated in the first post too. In your own time of course, no rush at all :)

Since completing the above games I have gone on to play Alice: Madness Returns and I am really enjoying it. Trophy-wise I have gone from 0% to 17% now. Combat is fluent and the puzzles to make your way around the world are interesting but not too hard. And of course the story is a little crazy and a lot of fun at the same time. I would have played more of it if I didn't want to plat WRC 5 on my Vita as soon as possible to make room for some other games on it.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Is there something special I need to do to get my stats in the first post to update? Like do this explicitly:

1. Medal of Honor: Airborne 100%
  2. Resistance: Fall of Man 100%

Of course I am keeping track of all this myself but it would be nice to see my list updated in the first post too. In your own time of course, no rush at all :)

Since completing the above games I have gone on to play Alice: Madness Returns and I am really enjoying it. Trophy-wise I have gone from 0% to 17% now. Combat is fluent and the puzzles to make your way around the world are interesting but not too hard. And of course the story is a little crazy and a lot of fun at the same time. I would have played more of it if I didn't want to plat WRC 5 on my Vita as soon as possible to make room for some other games on it.

Posting here and putting update helps me a lot. I can't really check everyone's PSN list on my own. I'll update it. If I missed a previous update, then I apologize.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, beerwego said:

Sign me up please. Just a few to start with. 

1 Adventures of Tintin...... 90%

2 Heavy Rain....... 65%

3 Batman AA........ 10%

4 Darkness 2..........0%

5 XBlaze Lost :Memories..... 0%

XBlaze 100%,,,,,

Adding saints Row 3 

Update 3:

With the help of a few individuals, finished up the MP for the DLC in Assassin's creed Revelations. Also finished the single player dlc which was extremely frustrating with those tetris puzzle levels especially the two levels you had to do without dying. But that's all done and another 100% game crossed off the PS3 Backlog list. Started playing AC 3 after finishing up Revelations and got bored pretty quickly. Not a fan of the combat changes they put in because countering now just shoves the enemy away. Also not really digging the Haythan character. Ezio was great. This guy just puts me to sleep. Maybe it'll get better.

I then decided I would start Demon souls back up again. Started a new game because my old save got corrupted and made my way through all of the main game's bosses except the final 2. Was trying to get it all done in one play through and was playing offline not realizing when they say to play offline, they mean disconnected from the PSN network. This screwed up the Pure White World Tendency steps which meant I couldn't acquire a few items needed for trophies. Finished up everything else I could and was going to have a buddy drop the items I need but we tried to connect to each other for an hour last night and it just wasn't having it. So new plan is to grind out the last few lucky drops I need to get the missing stones I need to get the last few crafting trophies and then finish up 1-4 and then the final boss. I'll have to replay the game to get the Pure White world tendency items so won't require a full playthrough but still longer than I thought it would take. 

2018 PS3 Backlog Goal:

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - 100% - updated

2) Assassin's Creed III - 3% - updated

4) Bioshock - 42%

5) Bioshock 2 - 1%

7) Demon Souls - 53% - updated

8) Diablo 3 - 36%

10 Lego the hobbit - 5%

15) Uno - 71%

• Like 2

Small update: I've completed Days of Thunder - it's my first completed game, of 7 listed games. My next one probably will be Tour de France 2014, but I could do some effort to (finally) re-start One Piece and/or Sly 3...

Curiously, I've "restarted" Supercar Challenge, because I've discovered that an exploit which "makes you win a race automatically" works with my verision of the game (I thought it wouldn't work...) - there are lefting the online trophies, some grindy ones and a task-oriented one; however, I will not put this game on my list...

Content below can be copy-pasted:

• Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Goal: Platinum)
  • Mugen Souls Z (First Goal: Story complete; Main Goal: Platinum)
  • NASCAR Days of Thunder (Goal: 100% or all 14 offline trophies)
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors (First Goal: Rank A; Main Goal: Platinum)
  • Plants vs Zombies (Goal: 100%)
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Goal: Platinum)
  • Tour de France 2014 (Goal: Platinum)

Just popped the plat for Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones. Very glad to have that game out of the way as I enternally hate platformers. Unfortunately not knowing much about the PoP games I thought they were like the God Of War games with a heap of fun combat and a bit of platforming and puzzle solving in between but it turns out it was the other way around. Of course I didn’t find this out till I purchased the HD Trilogy after getting The Forgotten Sands on PS+ and started up The Sands Of Time. The only thing that would have made platting the trilogy better was if I had a physical copy of it so I could’ve broken the disc into a million pieces afterwards.

Anyway rant over lol. I was going to play The Forgotten Sands next but quite frankly that would have been cruel and unusual punishment so instead I will play Dungeon Punks first. And at least The Forgotten Sands doesn’t have any difficulty trophies or a no death run trophy.

• Like 3