Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

2 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Update #3:

Syberia 100%

Syberia II 100%  

Fez

South Park SOT 100%

Anna

South Park was a really fun game and the collectibles weren't bad, until you noticed you missed some and had to replay the game.  Of course, I had to do 2 playthroughs anyway for the trophies, but damn, the collectibles were the hardest part!

I know you are trying to clean up the PS3 games with the flaky PS3.  One of the problems with PS+ giving away some nice games. You just need a console to play them on! ?

• Like 1

Update for me.  I now have 2 games removed since I just got the FFXIII platinum.  And my opinion of that game only got worse as I moved on.  I'm pretty much done with the series.  I'll play XIII-2 because I own it and it looks to be an easier trophy set, but outside of finishing any I own and have started, I'm done with the series now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Update for me.  I now have 2 games removed since I just got the FFXIII platinum.  And my opinion of that game only got worse as I moved on.  I'm pretty much done with the series.  I'll play XIII-2 because I own it and it looks to be an easier trophy set, but outside of finishing any I own and have started, I'm done with the series now.

I personally enjoyed both but from my understanding, 13-2 fixed up many of the issues people had with 13-1. You might enjoy that one more.

Update: Finished #2 Disney Universe.

Little Big Planet 2 is at 87%. All DLC except hatch 10 chickens completed.

Half way through acing all levels and 100% prize bubbles on the main game.

24 hour create trophy is most likely going to be done over several months while watching movies, etc.

Edited by kraven_15
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

I personally enjoyed both but from my understanding, 13-2 fixed up many of the issues people had with 13-1. You might enjoy that one more.

My issues with XIII are partially an issue with where the FF series has gone.  I didn't like the direction battles took in XII, and XIII makes it worse.  Way too much of the game consists of using the auto commands, even on bosses.  It was to the point that once you do have to manually input stuff I had no clue how to.  XIII also failed in what I feel is about every aspect of a game that could make up for shoddy gameplay: characters, story, worldbuilding, which is something that has gone downhill since X and wasn't honestly that great even in the old school titles.  I've honestly felt the series has taken a turn for the worse since X, but XIII pretty much only has pretty graphics going for it.  I seriously hoped that by the end I could find something to care about or a character I could actually like, but nope.  At the end all that kept me going was getting the plat.

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

My issues with XIII are partially an issue with where the FF series has gone.  I didn't like the direction battles took in XII, and XIII makes it worse.  Way too much of the game consists of using the auto commands, even on bosses.  It was to the point that once you do have to manually input stuff I had no clue how to.  XIII also failed in what I feel is about every aspect of a game that could make up for shoddy gameplay: characters, story, worldbuilding, which is something that has gone downhill since X and wasn't honestly that great even in the old school titles.  I've honestly felt the series has taken a turn for the worse since X, but XIII pretty much only has pretty graphics going for it.  I seriously hoped that by the end I could find something to care about or a character I could actually like, but nope.  At the end all that kept me going was getting the plat.

Fair enough. I know a lot of people felt like that. I really enjoyed it but I'm definitely in the minority there. I'll agree, the story was confusing at times. I liked the combat, especially against harder enemies, when you had to actually strategize and time your change ups. 

Xiii-3 is on my list to plat down the track so it should be interesting to see how that goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

Fair enough. I know a lot of people felt like that. I really enjoyed it but I'm definitely in the minority there. I'll agree, the story was confusing at times. I liked the combat, especially against harder enemies, when you had to actually strategize and time your change ups. 

Xiii-3 is on my list to plat down the track so it should be interesting to see how that goes.

Yeah, and the FF fanbase definitely has a huge divide between the fans of the old school games and the fans of the newer ones and I definitely fall more towards the fans of the old ones since I played the series from the day the first game came to the US for the NES.  FF and the first Dragon Quest are why I even got into RPGs, but those games are just sorely lacking in what made them great back in the day, which was telling a good story and having fun gameplay while pushing the technology to its limits.  It seems they just push so hard with the graphics now that they don't have any further resources for anything else and have just forgotten what made the series fun.

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, and the FF fanbase definitely has a huge divide between the fans of the old school games and the fans of the newer ones and I definitely fall more towards the fans of the old ones since I played the series from the day the first game came to the US for the NES.  FF and the first Dragon Quest are why I even got into RPGs, but those games are just sorely lacking in what made them great back in the day, which was telling a good story and having fun gameplay while pushing the technology to its limits.  It seems they just push so hard with the graphics now that they don't have any further resources for anything else and have just forgotten what made the series fun.

I like both but like you I am more partial to the old school. I'm particulary fond of the SNES era RPGs... secret of mana, lufia 2, illusion of time, zelda, etc... all similar but very different in their own right (combat especially).

I agree with the huge emphasis on graphics, but FF has always been renowned for that. I reckon they probably wanted to try something different with the combat and it just wasnt very well received. And it was quite linear (but so was ffx) and the very confusing story didn't help. And, of course, Hope... damn Hope.

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

13-2 is heaps better than the 1st one. Not sure about #3 though. I guess I'll have to play that myself and let you know.

I'm trying to make FFXIII my 100th plat but I seem to have boned myself a little with upgrading weapons and the like. I've played 100 hours of the game and only have 2 tier two weapons so far and grinding for money involves turtles.... oh the circles of pain indeed.

I've agreed with @ladynadiad about the way FFXIII works out and plays.

FFXIII-2 is a little better as the combat is much more streamlined but the story is still quite poor and tries too hard.

FFXIII-3 is probably the odd one out as the premise is good but the execution is kind of mediocre. The ending is also something. As in something you will happy with or just go WTF.

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

The trophy set is a lot more manageable and overall a much more enjoyable experience compared to the massive grind that is ffxiii. The story in ffxiii-2 is a heaping load of crap though. It just stops making any sense especially the ending (that is of course until you play ffxiii-3 that takes nonsensical to whole new dimensions). The overall gameplay in ffxiii-2 is more enjoyable than in ffxiii though, but be warned it is still on-rails most of the time, luckily the pokémon-esque third partner adds a bit more variety and strategy in combat.

Update 7:

Another week down and just a small amount of work into the backlog. Finished up the story of Lego Lord of the rings and completed all the pre-free play necessities needed to start Freeplay. Completed a few levels and the grind is starting to kick in. Moved my trophy progress from 25% up to 42%.I think I'll need to ditch the PS4 if I'm ever going to completely wipe away the PS3 backlog lol, because once again the PS4 got more time in the week.

I'm working on Dark Souls II on the ps4 with a friend and made a good amount of progress through about 6 of the bosses. Mostly a weekend game for a few hours so it'll be a while before that game is platted.

Made significant progress in Warframe as well./ .

Until Next time folks :)

2018 PS3 Backlog Goal: 2/15 complete

Spoiler

1) Assassin's Creed Revelations - 100%

2) Assassin's Creed III - 3%

3) Assassin's Creed IV - 1%

4) Bioshock - 42%

5) Bioshock 2 - 1%

6) Bioshock infinite - 1%

7) Demon Souls - 100%

8) Diablo 3 - 36%

9) Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 2%

10 Lego the hobbit - 5%

11) Lego Lord of the rings - 42% - updated

12) Need for Speed the run - 40%

13) Need for Speed Shift 2 unleashed - 22%

14) Prince of persia - Warrior within - 59%

15) Uno - 71%

Games Started on PS3 not part of the above list:

Spoiler

1) Beyond good and Evil HD - 100%

2) Blazerush - 100%

3) AMY - 33%

4) Metal Gear Rising - 1%

Games Started on PS4 not part of either list above:

Spoiler

1) 3on3 - 11%

2) Loadout - 100%

3) Dark Souls 2 - 17% - updated

4) Batman - 3%

5) Warframe - 61% - updated

• Like 2

On 19/02/2018 at 5:16 PM, GarciaFever said:

@Psy-Tychist have you tried farming the Sacrifices in the Tessarects? So far, they are easier to kill and, even though you don't get as much gil, it's not that bad if you have 3 collector catalogs and a connoisseur catalog equipped.

Not yet, but I will be trying that for a little while just to get some farming done.

Thank you for the tip.

In other news, these are now the games I have completed on the PS3 since January:

1. Guacamelee!
  2. Monster Jam Battlegrounds
  3. Feeding Frenzy 2
  4. XBlaze: Lost Memories
  5. Ultratron
  6. Titan Attacks!
  7. Daytona USA
  • Like 2

Update #2 

So after platting Rayman Origins i did the stupidest thing imaginable when you are trying to complete a list: i started up a new game - South Park The Stick of Truth, but luckily i have already platted it. So instead of clearing the backlog i added to it - and managed to finish up the game in less than a week, which i feel pretty good about.

So counting my original list i'm 1 down 5 to go. 

Adding South Park i'm 2 down 5 to go. :)

• Like 1