2018's Ultimate Team Plat Race™ - Final Stats/Event Completed

4 minutes ago, Precision-Playyy said:

I'm guessing you can only nominate a game to be double points if it hasn't been started yet?

You can have started the game but you can’t have earned any trophies in said game. Of course there aren’t many games except JRPGs where you can put in a decent amount of time and not have earned any trophies.

I guess I'll kick it off with my first plat of the year.

1L6b85df.png

Demetrios (PS Vita)

Rarity at this time: 70.64

Average completion time: roughly 5 hours = no bonus

Was fairly enjoyable and is probably one of the best optimized point-and-click games for the Vita.

Happy New Year to you all!

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

Well done @voodoo_eyes for the first plat of the competition. I’ll be keeping track of the points in a spreadsheet and I’ll check up on the rarities and completion times as I go so don’t feel the need to post them yourself if you don’t want to. I’ll be updating the spreadsheet every Sunday and once a month go through and change the rarities as they change though that generally isn’t by much. New games will be updated once the plat rarity has settled down. I have no idea when I’ll get my first plat of the year. I’m already 80 hours into Bladestorm: Nightmare with a long way to go. On the plus side it’ll be my rarest plat once I get it.

19 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Well done @voodoo_eyes for the first plat of the competition. I’ll be keeping track of the points in a spreadsheet and I’ll check up on the rarities and completion times as I go so don’t feel the need to post them yourself if you don’t want to. I’ll be updating the spreadsheet every Sunday and once a month go through and change the rarities as they change though that generally isn’t by much. New games will be updated once the plat rarity has settled down. I have no idea when I’ll get my first plat of the year. I’m already 80 hours into Bladestorm: Nightmare with a long way to go. On the plus side it’ll be my rarest plat once I get it.

Thanks!

I'll probably stick to my update format either way.

Bladestorm Nightmare is the musou game that has a bit more of a tactical element to it, right? Those games generally tend to be quite long, so you'll get a ton of points once you wrap that one up.

I'm gonna ease myself into it with a bunch of shorter games before while I make slow progress on the grindier ones.

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks!

I'll probably stick to my update format either way.

Bladestorm Nightmare is the musou game that has a bit more of a tactical element to it, right? Those games generally tend to be quite long, so you'll get a ton of points once you wrap that one up.

I'm gonna ease myself into it with a bunch of shorter games before while I make slow progress on the grindier ones.

By all means don’t let me stop you from making my job a bit easier :P

Bladestorm: Nightmare is a real-time strategy game where you command different types of soldiers on a battle field while taking over enemy positions. You can control one mercenary at a time while telling the rest what to capture or defend. The trophy guide on .org gives a completion time of about 150 hours which sounds about right given how far into it I am. The current rarity is 0.38% which my plat will bump up to 0.40% giving a good points haul. Straight after I’ll play through Telltales Guardians Of The Galaxy as I play a quick game ot two after playing something this long.

• Like 1

One more to add to the counter

1L7ba825.png

Kona

Rarity at this time: 30.77

Average completion time: roughly 7 hours = no bonus

Very mediocre mystery adventure. Runs like absolute arse on consoles, which is odd as it isn't graphically impressive nor does it have a lot of content (except for a whole lot of trees).

• Like 2

Wrapped up one more which is barely worth anything, but points are points :P

1L9b03bb.png

Full Throttle Remastered

Rarity at this time: 72.74

Average completion time: under 4 hours = no bonus

Not as good as Grim Fandango or Day of the Tentacle, but still enjoyable while it lasted. Shame that the credits almost seem longer than the actual game.

No more plats from me for today. Time to watch a movie instead.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

1S73f9b5.png 

Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

Rarity: 8.28%

Completion time: 100 hours = 1.75x bonus

Total Points = 160.51

Glad I was gifted this game instead of me buying it. It got boring after the 1st playthrough.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 4

One more of the point-and-click ones from me.

1L159184.png

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)

Rarity at this time: 48.13

Average completion time: close to 17 hours = no bonus

Played it a few years ago on PS4 and ended up one of my favourites of the genre. This version seemed to be a bit glitchy though, as a couple of trophies didn't unlock the first time round.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

*snip*

It would be nice if voodoo slows down. Amiright, guys? Right? Nothing? Okay. I heard great things about Unwritten Tales, but I didn't enjoy it when I played it. Couldn't imagine playing it twice.

I've been sick the past few days, and my next game I plan to plat is Zestiria, which means it's gonna take a while. But if I can get past the 1st playthrough quickly, I'll play Oxenfree and take advantage of the x2 points.

30 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

It would be nice if voodoo slows down. Amiright, guys? Right? Nothing? Okay. I heard great things about Unwritten Tales, but I didn't enjoy it when I played it. Couldn't imagine playing it twice.

I've been sick the past few days, and my next game I plan to plat is Zestiria, which means it's gonna take a while. But if I can get past the 1st playthrough quickly, I'll play Oxenfree and take advantage of the x2 points.

Well, so far it's only been fairly short games which aren't worth a whole lot really. Gotta pave the way a bit until @Precision-Playyy and @sephirothdude bring out the big guns :P .

I mean up to this point it's fairly balanced, although with @FilmFanatic going ham on Killzone 2, that's going to change soon enough xD .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, so far it's only been fairly short games which aren't worth a whole lot really. Gotta pave the way a bit until @Precision-Playyy and @sephirothdude bring out the big guns :P .

I mean up to this point it's fairly balanced, although with @FilmFanatic going ham on Killzone 2, that's going to change soon enough xD .

3 more levels on Elite difficulty to go and I’ll have that sweet UR plat :D then it’s back to Bladestorm: Nightmare which will be worth even more points however I have no idea how much longer it’ll take till I actually plat it.

• Like 1