New Year's Contest 2018 - Winners Announced!

Might aswell join in. I'll be playing games anyway, might aswell see how far I'll get. Mostly have pretty lengthy games on the shelf right now, so we'll see how this goes.

How does the formula work for non-plat games and DLC trophies? They don't have a plat rarity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think I did horribly last year but could you sign me up again, please :D? I doubt I'll do good but who knows, maybe 2018 starts off with a miracle :P.

Would it help if I said Persona 5 counts for double points? It won't btw, just trying to motivate you :ninja: .

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Might aswell join in. I'll be playing games anyway, might aswell see how far I'll get. Mostly have pretty lengthy games on the shelf right now, so we'll see how this goes.

How does the formula work for non-plat games and DLC trophies? They don't have a plat rarity.

For non-plat games the plat rarity part is removed and DLC trophies are added to the numerator part in "(points unlocked / total trophy list points)".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Would it help if I said Persona 5 counts for double points? It won't btw, just trying to motivate you :ninja: .

Just give me double points for Persona 5 if I finish it in January, I won't finish in the top 3 anyways ?.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

I would like to know that, too. Most of my games I will going for have massive DLC's which will take some time. So I'll invest time to get my *Trophy unlocked Multiplier closer to 1, but at the same time I already have the platinum. I dont know, if the *Gametime Multiplier Counts only for the platinum or for 100% a game, and if that will compensate the time I have to invest in the DLC.

7 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Poor sound shapes :/ i know that there are some trophies that are achieved just having a guide at hand, but the ones for dead mode requires gameplay.

Well, good luck to all participants.

Yeah, Dead Mode requires more luck than skill, but with all the DLCs it would be way too OP.

• Like 1

Added everyone up to this post.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Just give me double points for Persona 5 if I finish it in January, I won't finish in the top 3 anyways 1f62c.png.

We talked about it and everyone agrees. As of now Persona 5 will count for double points for everyone. I'll add it to the OP too.

6 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Cool event and i see you gave some thought into the points system... reaching a Platinum Trophy isn't that difficult anymore in some games :D ... and even the time amount varies widely...

Yeah, I'm hoping this makes it more rewarding to play longer games.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2