New Year's Contest 2018 - Winners Announced!

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Also while doing that I realized I am sitting at 12345 trophies...that is kind of cool :)

Is that a milestone?  That should be a milestone.  We need a new thread where we can vote to make that a milestone.

Did I say 'milestone' enough in this post?.... milestone.

5 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

No point in saying me this @Dragon-Archon :P tell this @DrEvilGuapo

Btw Dragon, do the winner has millions or thousands of points? I can't imagine someone earning over 1 million points 1f628.png

Those were truly dedicated players who spent every hour of every day playing for this event. :P They deserve their 1 million points! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's me, right?  I knew it...all those Mundi games finally paid off :giggle:

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Of course, I was hoping to keep it a secret until the scores were published, but it looks like secret is out.

:o Holy cow! I didn't know Artifex Mundi gave so many points! I guess it was NftD3, wasn't it? Davy Jones was one of the longest of the games I had played.

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

A whole cake or just a slice?  This might be the best prize (flavor of the cake pending) :awesome:

10 minutes ago, ValeNort46 said:

I like cake as long as it's Black Forest gateaux 1f60e.png

It's a whole dragon-size cake with the best flavour in the world: coconut and chocolate. Only the finest ingredients have been used to create this masterpiece: water from the river Styx, eggs from a gryphon, flames of a phoenix, and Zeus' lightning for that extra kick. :awesome: 

17 minutes ago, Myu said:

But we all know that 

Reveal hidden contents

1517857383-3525829.jpg

Shhh, that was supposed to be a secret :ninja: .

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 0:54 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, you're correct. A platinum is worth 180 points and since there's going to be at least another popped trophy to obtain the plat, the minimum is 195 points. For platless games all points should be obtained for it to count. So Uncanny Valley, CoD WaW, Summer Lesson, inFAMOUS First Light, Saints Row 3, and SR4 aren't worth any points.

Apologies, that's not stated anywhere in the original post.  This may have been implied based on the contest in previous years.  No worries; doesn't matter to me, but I would recommend being specific about this for future contests.

35 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

And the winner was...!

See the quote below:

On 1-2-2018 at 1:09 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

The contest ended a little over an hour ago. Thank you all for participating, I hope you had fun and managed to dent that backlog a bit in preparation for this year's new releases. Also a special thanks to the people who posted their scores, that makes it easier to double-check it. With how busy I am at the moment, I estimate it'll take about 10 days at most to calculate the scores of all 60 participants.

2 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

First of all, a big thank you to @Dragon-Archon for organising and running this fatastic event. Also thanks to @Mah2c @xZoneHunter for all your BTS contributions. Well done to everyone who took part!

Please donate my winnings to a charity of your choosing. I'd like to kick-start 2018 by thinking of those less fortunate than myself.

Ok, if that's what you want, then it shall be done. Though I'd like you to choose the charity.

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, if that's what you want, then it shall be done. Though I'd like you to choose the charity.

I used to run for the Children's Cancer and Leukaemia group in the UK, so you could send it there or to any equivalent in your country :) 

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Congratulations to the winners :)

Thanks to @Dragon-Archon for running the event.  Will be looking forward to next years one!

Big thanks to you as well for helping with the calculations :)

• Like 4

Wow I'm general shocked to see my name come up.Thanks to all the organizers of the event.One of the most fun and organised competition out there.Can't wait for next year .Although I do feel bad for you  @Dragon-Archon ,despite the impressive lead  @Zolkovo and @Matto_lsi had on me ,I think the scores will only increase for the next competition,making more work for you ?

• Like 1