New Year's Contest 2018 - Winners Announced!

Added everyone up to this post.

11 hours ago, Mori-101 said:

I would like to know that, too. Most of my games I will going for have massive DLC's which will take some time. So I'll invest time to get my *Trophy unlocked Multiplier closer to 1, but at the same time I already have the platinum. I dont know, if the *Gametime Multiplier Counts only for the platinum or for 100% a game, and if that will compensate the time I have to invest in the DLC.

I've added new information about DLCs and non-plat games to the first post. I hope this clears everything up.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

297072233531047946.png

Now you have no excuse whatsoever :devil: . Go plat that game.

9 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

This sounds awesome. it will finally get me to finish like 20-30 of my backlogged games that I need to plat!

Sign me up. I will be writing trophy guides and stuff, so i can just play vita games and plat those during the editing process. This works hand in hand for my Jan :P

Always nice to see a fellow guide writer, good luck :D .

8 hours ago, InkOwl said:

Is this open for everyone? If so I’d like to sign up, it sounds fun :)

Of course, everyone can join as long as they haven't been banned before for cheating.

6 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

If a game doesn't have a guide, i.e. is still too new or just simply doesn't have a guide written, will completion times then be factored in?

Also, please sign me up.

Yeah, the time will still be factored in. xZoneHunter found a good website to use in that case: https://howlongtobeat.com/ 

5 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I did terribly last time but lets have a go.

That's the spirit :highfive: . Have fun and good luck.

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

``Attacking the Backlog`` sounds fun, I way not win, but I want to Attack so games in my Backlog. Sign me up for the Battle i mean contest.

Yep, go attack that backlog :awesome: . With so many great games being released in 2018, the backlog needs to be destroyed as much as possible.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So I have a question...maybe it has been answered somewhere else.

Does the Plat Rain plats count for this? If so then sign me up :)

It counts, but only the trophies you earn after the contest has started.

12 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

such a random rule for number 3 haha

You can thank @Lucas for that :lol: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It counts, but only the trophies you earn after the contest has started.

You can thank @Lucas for that :lol: .

Yeah and I am kind of confused how the points work. The old way of doing these comps was so much easier (it was just the total of bronzes, silvers, gold and platinums and no one worried about rarity or anything like that).

So if I create a Playbook in Madden 11 I would pop 1 :bronze: and 1 :platinum: trophy.  Madden 11 has a Plat Rarity of 4.66% and according to the guide it takes 8 hours to plat. How many points did I just earn? 

Also if I just earn a random bronze trophy on a game but don't plat/100% if how much is that 1 bronze trophy worth or does it count at all? 

I am very confused :(

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah and I am kind of confused how the points work. The old way of doing these comps was so much easier (it was just the total of bronzes, silvers, gold and platinums and no one worried about rarity or anything like that).

So if I create a Playbook in Madden 11 I would pop 1 :bronze: and 1 :platinum: trophy.  Madden 11 has a Plat Rarity of 4.66% and according to the guide it takes 8 hours to plat. How many points did I just earn? 

Also if I just earn a random bronze trophy on a game but don't plat/100% if how much is that 1 bronze trophy worth or does it count at all? 

I am very confused :(

I was afraid the new method might've been too confusing.

Madden's main trophy list has 1,140 points. Since it takes 8 hours to plat, the playtime multiplier stays 1. so it would yield (100 - 4.66) x 1 x (195/1,140) = 99.20 points.

As for unfinished games, those don't count as there would be no plat rarity or playtime multiplier, so the points from the trophy values would be worth less than 1 point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I was afraid the new method might've been too confusing.

Madden's main trophy list has 1,140 points. Since it takes 8 hours to plat, the playtime multiplier stays 1. so it would yield (100 - 4.66) x 1 x (195/1,140) = 99.20 points.

As for unfinished games, those don't count as there would be no plat rarity or playtime multiplier, so the points from the trophy values would be worth less than 1 point.

OK I will just plat stuff and let you tell me what  I earn :P

But I think someone needs to run an Old School Comp where it is just 15, 30, 90, 180 points for trophies and it is just most points win. I know some people bitch and moan that "people just plat easy games to win" and my response always is "if people want to spend money and time playing easy games to win a contest that has no monetized prize...then let them" (back in the day you just won a small bar to put under your Sig saying you won)

It was fun because it gave you a chance to go out and play games you would NEVER play normally in hopes of beating the others on the site. It was a great way to meet people on the site, especially in the team battles.

Anyways, I have some plats planned for January so I will give this a go. Especially since I have Persona 5 still in the shrink wrap waiting for Plat Rain to be over :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK I will just plat stuff and let you tell me what  I earn :P

But I think someone needs to run an Old School Comp where it is just 15, 30, 90, 180 points for trophies and it is just most points win. I know some people bitch and moan that "people just plat easy games to win" and my response always is "if people want to spend money and time playing easy games to win a contest that has no monetized prize...then let them" (back in the day you just won a small bar to put under your Sig saying you won)

It was fun because it gave you a chance to go out and play games you would NEVER play normally in hopes of beating the others on the site. It was a great way to meet people on the site, especially in the team battles.

Anyways, I have some plats planned for January so I will give this a go. Especially since I have Persona 5 still in the shrink wrap waiting for Plat Rain to be over :D

Lol, that works too :lol: .

THL still uses the old school rules and it has no prizes, so check it out if you're in the mood for such competitions. 

Nice, have fun with Persona 5 :D .

32 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol, that works too :lol: .

THL still uses the old school rules and it has no prizes, so check it out if you're in the mood for such competitions. 

Nice, have fun with Persona 5 :D .

THL still has so many rules that it just makes it confusing for any new person to join. Tamer had run an event a couple of years ago to win Premium membership with the site that was just "play games and don't hack" and that was the kind I like :). But I am just being a fussy old man (of 31) pining for the days of my youth :P

Anyways I will try my luck out with this and thanks again for putting this all together :)