New Year's Contest 2018 - Winners Announced!

49 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Sign me up! Let's see if I can do better than last year. 

9 minutes ago, Tearraven said:

Sure, I'm in.

Added, welcome to the event :D .

57 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah, I probably won't worry about platting it next month but it is really good :D I still like 9s story more but X was so much fun to play through

Do you think MKX will be ready to plat for the Plat Rain Day?

9 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Added, welcome to the event :D .

Do you think MKX will be ready to plat for the Plat Rain Day?

No such luck :( There is still a ton to do plus all the Online stuff. I will just play it casually and plat it when I can ^_^

I have about 10 plats decided on for next month (plus my 18 Plat Rain plats) so I should be in good standing for the contest :D

1 hour ago, ApriIis said:

Best of luck to all participants starting tomorrow, definitely some great trophy hunting talent in the competition,it's going to hard grabbing those first , second and third places ! 1f604.png1f44a.png

I'm not even thinking about being in the first places :P I just want to see how many points I can get in one month of gaming. I'll be focusing mainly on my backlog in January. I don't even know how I'm gonna do to know the right amount of points I'll earn.

• Like 1

@Dragon-Archon I just did a quick scan of the thread and didn't see an answer (maybe I just missed it), but I wanted to clarify.  If .1 is added to the time multiplier for every 10 hours the game takes to platinum, and a game that can be platinumed in under 5 hours counts for a half multiplier (.5 instead of 1), does that mean only games between 6 and 9 hours count as a 1 multiplier and a 10 hour game would be 1.1?  Also, if the trophy guide for the game says 35 hours is that a 1.3, 1.4, or 1.35 multiplier?  What if there's a time range, like 50-60 hours, will you be using the higher, lower, or average?  Lastly, a number of games I have don't have trophy guides here, will you be using the PST.org averages for those games?

Sorry for all these last minute questions.  I'm trying to set up my own algorithm in an excel spreadsheet so I can keep track of my games as I go.  I also want to be able to test numbers for potential games I might play, just to make sure they're worth playing for the event before I start them.

Edited by Matto_lsi

Happy New Year people :dance: . The contest has begun approximately 2 hours and 12 minutes ago. There have been some changes in the score system these past few days, so if you didn't know about that, take a look at the first post. A new countdown timer has also been added, this one shows how much time is left until the contest ends. Good luck with the contest and have fun :D .

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

@Dragon-Archon I just did a quick scan of the thread and didn't see an answer (maybe I just missed it), but I wanted to clarify.  If .1 is added to the time multiplier for every 10 hours the game takes to platinum, and a game that can be platinumed in under 5 hours counts for a half multiplier (.5 instead of 1), does that mean only games between 6 and 9 hours count as a 1 multiplier and a 10 hour game would be 1.1?  Also, if the trophy guide for the game says 35 hours is that a 1.3, 1.4, or 1.35 multiplier?  What if there's a time range, like 50-60 hours, will you be using the higher, lower, or average?  Lastly, a number of games I have don't have trophy guides here, will you be using the PST.org averages for those games?

Sorry for all these last minute questions.  I'm trying to set up my own algorithm in an excel spreadsheet so I can keep track of my games as I go.  I also want to be able to test numbers for potential games I might play, just to make sure they're worth playing for the event before I start them.

That's ok. Here are the answers:

• Games that take more than 5 hours but less than 10 have a multiplier of 1. 10 to 19 would be 1.1, 20 to 29 would be 1.2, etc.
  • When a time range is given, the average time will be used.
  • If a game doesn't have a guide on PSNP, then yes a guide from PST.org will be used. 

1 hour ago, MCMX14 said:

Sign me up if still possible! Thanks!

Sorry, you were too late.

My points on Day 1:

:bronze::bronze:= 30

:silver::silver::silver:= 90

:gold:=  90

The :bronze:s is from Tokyo Xanadu and the rest is from DC Universe Online(PS4 version)

DC Universe Online have been in my backlog since August 4th 2011 and the PS3 version will shut down at the same time as this contest

DC Universe Online unlike other Auto-popping games using cross-saves, you have to pay to get Trophies in both versions(You get the Trophy if you have done the feats (in game achievements))

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK that was some of the most trophies I have ever earned in a day :). Not a bad start :D

LittleBigPlanet

1 :silver:

1 :platinum:

Remember Me

1 :gold:

Goosebumps

Okabu

:bronze:

:gold:

My Name is Mayo

46 :bronze:

Batman

Monster Jam Battlegrounds

Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God

Severed

:silver:

Dungeon Punks

Adventures of Mana

:bronze:

2 :silver:

5 :gold:

Madden 11

1 :bronze:

Game of Thrones

inFAMOUS First Light

inFAMOUS Second Son

2:silver:

Duke Nukem 3D

Yooka-Laylee

Ratchet & Clank

Ride to Hell Retribution

X-Blaze Lost Memories

29 :bronze:

5 :silver:

Nice, congrats with reaching 200 plats :yay: and happy Plat Rain Day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK that was some of the most trophies I have ever earned in a day :). Not a bad start :D

*snip*

I'm kinda curious as to how many points you got with all those plats! Congrats on Plat Rain Day :D 

*trophies*

Oh my, congratulations on your Plat Rain! ?

Sadly, I platinumed two games before the 1st January. It was not accidentaly, but I was in a hurry to finish those. They were Tekken 7 and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Still, I plan to platinum Need for Speed: Rivals this week. Aiming for Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Fate/Extella and Tomb Raider this month!

Edited by Caju_94

I've got a feeling the only game I'll likely be playing this month is Skyrim vr. I meant to race through all trophies and come back to it in February but I keep getting distracted by every little thing in it and then forget what I'm supposed to be doing so I just wander round picking fights with wildlife and dragons.

Thanks Dragon :D

Also what is the best way for us to put our totals here? Is what I did OK? 

Yeah, what you did was ok.

9 hours ago, DocHolliday25 said:

I’m in! Sign me up please

Sorry, you're too late. The contest has already started.

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

I've got a feeling the only game I'll likely be playing this month is Skyrim vr. I meant to race through all trophies and come back to it in February but I keep getting distracted by every little thing in it and then forget what I'm supposed to be doing so I just wander round picking fights with wildlife and dragons.

Lol, that's also what happened to me :lol: . I kept getting sidetracked by pretty much everything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Im having the same problem with GT Sport, I'm on a roll for poles and wins and can't break away from the game when I'm getting close to some of those rare gold trophies, seems Dr Mayus will win after the plat rain day they had

7 hours ago, Myu said:

I'm kinda curious as to how many points you got with all those plats! Congrats on Plat Rain Day :D 

6 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Oh my, congratulations on your Plat Rain! 1f602.png

Sadly, I platinumed two games before the 1st January. It was not accidentaly, but I was in a hurry to finish those. They were Tekken 7 and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Still, I plan to platinum Need for Speed: Rivals this week. Aiming for Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Fate/Extella and Tomb Raider this month!

Yeah I don't know how many points it is but Plat Rain was fun to unlock ^_^

1 hour ago, ValeNort46 said:

Im having the same problem with GT Sport, I'm on a roll for poles and wins and can't break away from the game when I'm getting close to some of those rare gold trophies, seems Dr Mayus will win after the plat rain day they had

Maybe, maybe not. Because most of those games are just 1 trophy and the plat I don't know how many points it all is. That is why I saved a bunch of trophies in Adventures of Mana at least but this multiplier thing could screw me up.

Happy NY @ all

I finished my first 100% today and just wanted to check if I am still right with my excel.

I completed Hatoful Boyfriend (started with 0%)

with 8h, 285 points and 28,57 rarity it should be 71,43 points for the contest, am I right? xD

If yes I can rely on my excel for the rest of the month.

And totally by accident I started singstar xD but there is no guide for it, PST.org has a guide saying 100+ hours to complete. Is that the value I can work with?

Thanks and have fun everyone :)

• Like 1