$$ vs. trophies vs. gameplay

IntroPhenom

Each time I enter the PSN store, I check out the many pinball tables and wonder things.  Perhaps someone can shed some light here.

Is game play sufficient with the DLCs and season bundles to justify their cost? (This is a time-versus-cost sort of question.  Without knowing much about them, I feel they're expensive.)

Does each 'level' for sale trigger trophies?

Do some levels play better, or are more fun, than others?

• Like 1

Each table has 1 trophy associated with it. Some are easy while other trophies are pretty hard to get. Most of the DLC's on sale come with multiple tables. For example the Balls of Glory bundle comes with 4 tables = 4 trophies. 

Each of the tables are entirely different and play very differently. It comes down to personal preference which tables you like and which licenses you like (I have all the tables except for the Universal Classics pack) but for me some of my favorites are the Medieval Pack, The Balls of Glory Pack, and the Bethesda Pack.

This is a trophy site but if you don't care about going for trophies there is still a lot of fun to be had here. It is addicting to try and keep beating your best score.

Also if you bought any tables from Star Wars Pinball, Marvel Pinball, or Zen Pinball 2. there will be an option to import those tables for free when you launch Pinball FX3.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I own all tables from Zen Pinball 2. When I imported those available yesterday, I was only 12 tables short from full collection which is nice. For a player starting from scratch, buying all tables for FX3 right now may be a bit too expensive plus if you care about having 100% make sure you buy them sooner to avoid something like Super League Football license expiration for ZP2. Anyway, I like the new stuff in the game and will make sure to see it completed as well someday.

• Like 2