Vanquish Tactical Challenge 6 Tips

Christopher

Hey guys! I figure since this game is free on PS+, a lot of us are rushing to include it into our collections.
So here is my guide to the dreaded Challenge 6. It works fairly consistently, the hardest part being Alpha and Bogey on Wave 5.

Wave 1: Using the heavy machine gun, glide to the left side of the stage, and headshot all the spawning robots. Continue headshotting with the HMG, making sure you never run out of AR BAR. When the CV is all that remains, wait for him to charge at you, smash square to deflect his attacks, and beat down on him with your Assault Rifle melee attack. 

Wave 2: Start this wave behind the big statue. Get to explosive grenades to the small groups of spawning enemies on the side. When the flying turrets come, use an EMP to take them all out instantly. Beat Bravo by Turbo Rolling (Holding L2 while evading) out of his attacks, and then unloading on him with either the AR or HMG. Before the round is over, replace your shotgun with the Disc Launcher.

Wave 3: At the beginning of the round, throw an explosive grenade into the middle to get rid of the exploding robots. Go into slow mo and destroy the Fire Romanov (By shooting the tanks on his back, should take a whole mag or so). Then, with the disc launcher, Turbo Roll around the other Romanovs and aim for their heads. If decapitated, they will be inable to target you, and they will eventually explode themselves in due time, saving you all your bullets! Before the round ends, pick up the LFE gun.

Too be continued

• Like 1

Round 1: I used the LFE gun on each spawn bubble (6 total) taking them out. I used 1 shot to take out bubble 3 and 4 at the same time. Switched the LFE gun for the HMG and combined that with the shotgun on the Crystal Viper. Leave the upgrade cube for rd 5.
My average rd time was 45 secs to 1 min after doing this soo many times.

Round 2: I did the same as you.

Round 3: I started to the right of the stairs behind the crumbled mess and threw a grenade at the red robots (5) spawn bubble. Use the LFE Gun (the 1 used from rd 1) on the Flamethrower Romanov to send him flying back to the 2 other Romanovs. Shoot the tank with the assault rifle and this will kill 2 Romanovs and damage 1 of the Drill Romanovs to 20% health.
Take the disc launcher and cut off the head of the Drill Romanov that is to your right and leave him alone, he will suicide. Watch out if he shoots his drills at you.
Wait for the 20% health Drill Romanov to slide to you and kill him with the assault rifle.
Still next to the crumbled mess, take out the laser on the Rocket Romanov's shoulder and slide up to him to cut off his head with the disc launcher.
I picked up the RPG, switched the LFE guns (use the full ammo one dropped by the RI in rd 1) and assault rifle ammo.
I took out the last Romanov rather then wait for him to destroy cover and then suicide.

Round 4:  Start at the base of the stairs (to the left of the lock-on-laser weapon locker) against the railing and fire 2 shots from the LFE gun to kill the sphere RIs on spawn. Avoid the blue RIs (if you're brave you can take out a few more) as you slide or boost roll to the right of the map to edge of the pavement to take out the flying turret with the assault rifle.
Turn around and kill some blue RIs with the LFE gun/assault rifle keeping an eye out for the scorpions.
While all this is happening, you may have gotten hit and sent into forced AR mode. If so, throw an EMP just before the timer runs out and make for cover.
You should be looking for the second flying turret now and eliminate him with the assault rifle. Work on any remaining blue RI's with the assault rifle.
Now chip away at the scorpions with the assault rifle and take out any purple balls they throw out.
When the scorpions are next to each other, get close to them and shoot the RPG inbetween them at the ground (I use all 3 rds).This will do heavy damage to both.
Work on killing one scorpion and bring the other down to near death so you can prep for Round 5.

Pick up the used LFE gun from rd 1 to replenish the ammo. Depending on how many shots you used in rd 4, you should have a total of 5-10  shots (rd 5 needs at minimum 3 well placed shots). Refill your EMPs if you have 1 or are empty. If you managed to make it this far using only 1 emp from rd 2, don't refill them. Five is better than three.  Get a HMG and stand near one of the lock-on-laser weapon lockers (I prefered the one by the stairs) and kill the last scorpion with the assault rifle. Replace the assault rifle with the lock-on-laser and head to where the assault rifle weapon locker is. You want to stand with locker in front of you, the stairs to your left, and the Pangloss statue on your right.
Get ready to be on your toes, the fun now starts.

Round 5: There will be three spawn bubbles consisting of three spheres each bubble. One in front of you, the second to your right and the third is on the upper level by the HMG locker on your left..
Use the LFE gun to take out the spheres on spawn in front of you. You must keep moving at this time or you risk getting hit from the Bogeys. Boost roll to your right and keep dancing till the second bubble spawns and take out the spheres. The third bubble should have made its way near you. Keep moving to avoid getting hit and dispatch the third group of spheres. 
Clean up any spheres that you missed and switch to the lock-on-laser.

-At anytime you get hit that causes overheating, use an EMP to save your life and get in cover. While in cover toss a ciggy to take the Bogeys' attention off you to give the suit more time to recover.

The lock-on-laser is your friend in taking out the Bogeys. It lets you keep your distance and plan your next attack. Replenish the ammo with the Upgrade Cube (from rd1) and finally, the last lock-on-laser pickup.

Concentrate on taking out Bogey Bravo (blue) first, he will drop an RPG. Fire the Lock-on-laser from AR mode landing all four shots if possible. Keep boost rolling around working on Bogey Bravo till no more.
Whenever you hear "Aim carefully" or "Catch this", be on the lookout for the suit overheating purple EMPs. You should shoot them with the HMG or boost away from the area.

It is much easier now to take out Bogey Alpha without worring about both of them after you. Use the last of the Lock-on-laser ammo and switch to the HMG keeping your distance from Alhpa.
Pick up the RPG if you haven't already and use it when Alpha is about to shoot the big beam laser or toss EMPs. This is your best chance to hit him with the RPG as he tends to dodge any other shot. Try to hold AR mode till the rocket hits target. Keep moving using the HMG and RPG on him. You can finish him off with boost melee when his health bar is showing under 'A' or keep firing away. 

I watched many Youtube vids on this challenge and combined their strategies to what worked for me.

Watch my epic challenge 6: 

Edited by piuytrewqp
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this game is a difficult platinum ?

Yup, only for the one trophy you get for beating this (and the other challenges). Beating the game on hard isn't bad and the other challenges aren't too bad but Challenge six takes some practice for sure (I still have only made it to the fourth round myself)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I saw a hack for this challenged/trophy but im completely against cheating I just feel like if your gonna cheat then why even play like whats the point? what enjoyment could you possibly get from it? it just makes more sense to try your f**king heart out and earn it and feel that excitement & satisfaction (I thought that's what gaming was all about) , I haven't tried challenge 6 yet i just recently beat 4 & now 5 with out much trouble its wasn't too bad honestly but im f**king tired and ill try for 6 tomorrow wish me luck!!!! :shakefist:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Round 1: I used the LFE gun on each spawn bubble (6 total) taking them out. I used 1 shot to take out bubble 3 and 4 at the same time. Switched the LFE gun for the HMG and combined that with the shotgun on the Crystal Viper. Leave the upgrade cube for rd 5.

My average rd time was 45 secs to 1 min after doing this soo many times.

Round 2: I did the same as you.

Round 3: I started to the right of the stairs behind the crumbled mess and threw a grenade at the red robots (5) spawn bubble. Use the LFE Gun (the 1 used from rd 1) on the Flamethrower Romanov to send him flying back to the 2 other Romanovs. Shoot the tank with the assault rifle and this will kill 2 Romanovs and damage 1 of the Drill Romanovs to 20% health.

Take the disc launcher and cut off the head of the Drill Romanov that is to your right and leave him alone, he will suicide. Watch out if he shoots his drills at you.

Wait for the 20% health Drill Romanov to slide to you and kill him with the assault rifle.

Still next to the crumbled mess, take out the laser on the Rocket Romanov's shoulder and slide up to him to cut off his head with the disc launcher.

I picked up the RPG, switched the LFE guns (use the full ammo one dropped by the RI in rd 1) and assault rifle ammo.

I took out the last Romanov rather then wait for him to destroy cover and then suicide.

Round 4:  Start at the base of the stairs (to the left of the lock-on-laser weapon locker) against the railing and fire 2 shots from the LFE gun to kill the sphere RIs on spawn. Avoid the blue RIs (if you're brave you can take out a few more) as you slide or boost roll to the right of the map to edge of the pavement to take out the flying turret with the assault rifle.

Turn around and kill some blue RIs with the LFE gun/assault rifle keeping an eye out for the scorpions.

While all this is happening, you may have gotten hit and sent into forced AR mode. If so, throw an EMP just before the timer runs out and make for cover.

You should be looking for the second flying turret now and eliminate him with the assault rifle. Work on any remaining blue RI's with the assault rifle.

Now chip away at the scorpions with the assault rifle and take out any purple balls they throw out.

When the scorpions are next to each other, get close to them and shoot the RPG inbetween them at the ground (I use all 3 rds).This will do heavy damage to both.

Work on killing one scorpion and bring the other down to near death so you can prep for Round 5.

Pick up the used LFE gun from rd 1 to replenish the ammo. Depending on how many shots you used in rd 4, you should have a total of 5-10  shots (rd 5 needs at minimum 3 well placed shots). Refill your EMPs if you have 1 or are empty. If you managed to make it this far using only 1 emp from rd 2, don't refill them. Five is better than three.  Get a HMG and stand near one of the lock-on-laser weapon lockers (I prefered the one by the stairs) and kill the last scorpion with the assault rifle. Replace the assault rifle with the lock-on-laser and head to where the assault rifle weapon locker is. You want to stand with locker in front of you, the stairs to your left, and the Pangloss statue on your right.

Get ready to be on your toes, the fun now starts.

Round 5: There will be three spawn bubbles consisting of three spheres each bubble. One in front of you, the second to your right and the third is on the upper level by the HMG locker on your left..

Use the LFE gun to take out the spheres on spawn in front of you. You must keep moving at this time or you risk getting hit from the Bogeys. Boost roll to your right and keep dancing till the second bubble spawns and take out the spheres. The third bubble should have made its way near you. Keep moving to avoid getting hit and dispatch the third group of spheres. 

Clean up any spheres that you missed and switch to the lock-on-laser.

-At anytime you get hit that causes overheating, use an EMP to save your life and get in cover. While in cover toss a ciggy to take the Bogeys' attention off you to give the suit more time to recover.

The lock-on-laser is your friend in taking out the Bogeys. It lets you keep your distance and plan your next attack. Replenish the ammo with the Upgrade Cube (from rd1) and finally, the last lock-on-laser pickup.

Concentrate on taking out Bogey Bravo (blue) first, he will drop an RPG. Fire the Lock-on-laser from AR mode landing all four shots if possible. Keep boost rolling around working on Bogey Bravo till no more.

Whenever you hear "Aim carefully" or "Catch this", be on the lookout for the suit overheating purple EMPs. You should shoot them with the HMG or boost away from the area.

It is much easier now to take out Bogey Alpha without worring about both of them after you. Use the last of the Lock-on-laser ammo and switch to the HMG keeping your distance from Alhpa.

Pick up the RPG if you haven't already and use it when Alpha is about to shoot the big beam laser or toss EMPs. This is your best chance to hit him with the RPG as he tends to dodge any other shot. Try to hold AR mode till the rocket hits target. Keep moving using the HMG and RPG on him. You can finish him off with boost melee when his health bar is showing under 'A' or keep firing away. 

I watched many Youtube vids on this challenge and combined their strategies to what worked for me.

Watch my epic challenge 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMFer9E-lbw

I´m losing my mind with this challenge, after i seen this videos and comments i´m glad that i´m not the only one that got "stuck" in this...

I don´t know how you play the game again, after i seen your video even i was pissed off because of those f****** bogeys, i broke the door of my room after i get killed in beggining of round 5 and i didn´t go as far as you go !!!

That was very unlucky, but u have my respect because u earned  the platinum after that "acident" Thumbs up bro :awesome:  

• 7 months later...

I wrote this guide a few years ago and dished it out by email to some buddies I've met on PSN over the years. If I knew this thread existed at the time I'd have just posted it here years ago. Well better late than never I guess and hopefully it'll come in handy for anyone who is still trying to Platinum the game today.

VANQUISH - TACTICAL CHALLENGE 6 GUIDE

Written By EternalWarriorVI

There isn’t one clear way to beat this challenge, there are dozens of strategies. This is simply the way I did it and I based my strategy from others. It’s certainly the safest way I found to approach each round so if anything this guide will be a good base to start from, then if you feel you can add more effective ways to beat certain parts feel free to try. One thing I will say, after much practice you WILL master rounds 1-4. It’s round 5 that will give you all the trouble and to conquer that round you will need to practice facing the Bogeys at the end of the single player campaign on Hard until you are really comfortable with their attack patterns.

BASIC TIPS AND TRICKS:

·         Boost-Dodge – To Boost Dodge tap L2 (boost) and X (dodge) at the same time. You need to Boost Dodge at all times to beat this challenge. It’s impossible otherwise.

·         AR Mode – Kill all enemies in AR Mode and don’t let your AR meter drop too far below half way. If you overheat at any time you’re in serious trouble.

·         EMP Grenades/Cigarettes - Use only in emergencies. They’ll give you time to recover if you overheat.

·         Music OFF – Mute it, it’s only a distraction and you need to listen out for key sounds, especially from the Bogeys.

ROUND 1:

Difficulty:  2/10

Enemies:  12 Red Robots, 1 Crystal Viper

Weapons Required:  Assault Rifle, Shotgun

Strategy:

This round is straightforward and after some practice you’ll beat it every time.

Boost Dodge around the map and pick off the Red Robots one at a time in AR Mode. Go for headshots with the Assault Rifle or use the Shotgun at close range for quick kills. The Crystal Viper will follow you around the map so listen out for his footsteps. When you hear him charge at you tap the square button fast to block his melee attack and slam him to the floor. When he’s down roll away and carry on taking out the Red Robots until they are all dead.

Now head to the top of the stairs where you started the round and wait for the Crystal Viper to come to you. Back away from him until he charges at you and when he does tap the Square button again to repeat the previous sequence. Fire three shots of your Shotgun at him and then roll away. Repeat this pattern until he’s dead. Leave the upgrade where it is, you’ll need it in Round 5.

As soon as he’s dead quickly boost slide over to the other side of the map behind the statue and switch to your Heavy Machine Gun. Pause the game and prepare for Round 2…

ROUND 2:

Difficulty:  4/10

Enemies:  Group of Red Robots, Group of Yellow Robots, 10 Flying Robots, 1 Bogey

Weapons Required:  2 Grenades, 1 EMP, Heavy Machine Gun

Strategy:

Start Round 2 a few steps behind the statue facing the stairs where you spawned in Round 1. Two energy domes will appear to the left and right of the statue. You need to throw a grenade in each of these. Try to throw them when the domes reach their maximum size, then switch grenade type to EMP.

Stay tight to the statue and keep your eye on the radar for the Bogey which should appear near the stairs. Use the statue to block your direct sight of the Bogey and move around the statue so that he can’t hit you with his laser attacks. Five Flying Bots will spawn to your left and another five behind you shortly after. When you see all ten on the radar quickly throw your EMP directly into the statue (IMPORTANT). So long as all 10 Flying Bots are airborne when your EMP hits they will be killed instantly. Throwing the EMP high into the air takes too long to hit the floor and gives them chance to land so make sure you hit the statue as soon as all ten appear on radar.

Now focus your attacks on the Bogey using your HMG and stay in the statue area. Boost Dodge around his attacks and keep firing at him in AR mode. When you hear him say “AIM CAREFULLY” either shoot him directly (be fast), shoot the two flying drones he throws instead, or get out of the drones blast radius. They automatically overheat your suit so don’t let them hit you!

When the Bogey’s dead exchange your Shotgun for the LFE gun (It’ll be on the floor somewhere), and re-supply your HMG rounds if you need them. Take out the last couple of red/yellow enemies with your Assault Rifle and head to the far left side of the stairs (looking up the stairs) and take cover behind the white wall that divides them. Switch back to your last Grenade. Pause the game and prepare for Round 3…

ROUND 3:

Difficulty:  4/10

Enemies: 5 Red Robots, 1 Flamer Romanov, 1 Gunner Romanov, 1 Rocket Romanov, 2 Miner Romanovs

Weapons Required:  1 Grenade, LFE Gun, Heavy Machine Gun, Assault Rifle

Strategy:

You should be positioned in cover behind the far right wall (facing down the stairs) with a white pole directly in front of you. Six energy domes will appear. You need to throw your last grenade to the dome slightly to the left of the white pole. This will kill all 5 Red Robots.

The two Miner Romanovs will start to walk towards you but the others will remain static. When the Miner Romanov to the right is next to the Flamer Romanov roll out to the right enter AR Mode and shoot the fuel pack on the Flamer Romanovs back with your Assault Rifle destroying both Romanovs instantly. Roll back behind cover, switch to your HMG and wait for your AR meter to refill.

Now roll out to the left, enter AR Mode and start shooting the other Miner Romanov with your HMG. When your meter is a little lower than half way switch to your LFE Gun (while still holding down the trigger), to knock the Romanov back down the stairs. Roll back behind cover, reload your HMG and let your AR meter refill once again. Repeat this step a few more times until he is dead. This pattern may take a while to master but it’s important that you do as it keeps you in a relatively safe position and at arm’s length from danger. It’s important you keep him at the bottom of the stairs.

You will now be left with the Gunner Romanov (standing to the left) and the Rocket Romanov (near the statue). Both will remain static but will be firing relentlessly at you (luckily they can’t hit you while you’re behind this wall). Wait for the Rocket Launcher Romanov to crouch and fire his slow moving Rocket. When he does roll out to the right again and shoot it in AR Mode with your Assault Rifle as it leaves the pack on his back. This should kill him instantly or do 90% + damage.

Now there’s just one more to go. Roll out to the left enter AR Mode and shoot his face with your Assault Rifle until his face sparks and turns blue. When this happens he’s basically disabled and will move around the map randomly shooting in all directions. This is your opportunity to re-stock on HMG, LFE and Assault Rifle ammo if you need them. If you have at least 6 shots left of the LFE I wouldn’t bother restocking until the end of Round 4. When your ammo is replenished go back to your spot behind the wall and either wait for the last Romanov to blow up or take him out yourself if you’re bored of waiting. There will be a Rocket Launcher on the floor somewhere (dropped by the second Miner Romanov you killed). Remember where it is as you’ll need to grab it at the end of Round 4. Pause the game and prepare for Round 4…

ROUND 4:

Difficulty:  7/10

Enemies:  3 Rolling Balls, Group of Blue Robots, 2 Flying Turrets, 2 Scorpions

Weapons Required:  LFE, Heavy Machine Gun, Assault Rifle

Strategy:

This is where it starts to get hard. Rounds 1-3 are structured and with practice you’ll beat them consistently, but these final two rounds can get frenetic and unpredictable. You’ll need to rely on your quick reflexes and intuition more so than in rounds 1-3. Prepare for the pain to start now.

Start by taking out the three Rolling Balls that spawn at the bottom of the stairs. One shot of your LFE gun is all you need. As soon as you’ve fired at them Boost Roll to the end of the map (be fast and ignore the enemies) until you see the Flying Turret emerge from below ground level. If you’re really fast you’ll get there before he even emerges, if you’re too slow you may miss the opportunity to kill him quickly. Enter AR Mode and head shot him with your HMG while you have chance. Be accurate any he’ll die really fast.

Now Boost Roll behind and around the statue (where you spent most of Round 2) and you should see the other Flying Turret coming from the right hand side of the stairs. Try to take him out in one AR meter.

Now you’ll be left with both Scorpions and a number of Blue Robots. You’ll want to take care of the Blue Robots first so continuously Boost Roll around the map and take them out one by one. Use your HMG and LFE primarily.

When they are dead you’ll be left with the two Scorpions. Focus on them one at a time. They aren’t as tough as they look but make sure you keep your distance. I used the HMG and occasionally the LFE if they got too close to keep a distance between them and me. When you’re left with the final Scorpion, go and re-stock. Swap your Assault Rifle for the Rocket Launcher dropped in Round 3 and re-stock on HMG and LFE ammo if it’s available.

Ideally you’ll reach Round 5 with 2 EMP grenades as well as the EMP’s lying behind the destructible cover, five to ten shots of the LFE, a decent amount of HMG ammo and 3 rockets with the upgrade still intact. If you’re low on HMG rounds grab the Lock-On-Laser instead as it’s also effective in the last round. Pause the game and prepare for Round 5 (the nightmare round)…

ROUND 5:

Difficulty:  9/10

Enemies:  9 Rolling Balls, 2 Bogeys

Weapons Required: LFE, Heavy Machine Gun, Lock-On-Laser, Rocket Launcher

Strategy:

Unless you’re a gaming god you’ll be relying on some luck to survive this round, especially at the start when you have all the spheres chasing you too. Take out the spheres first but never stop moving as you’ll get hit by any number of the Bogeys attacks. Boost roll constantly and use the LFE to pick them off one at a time when they open up. Remember to take out one group right at the start with one shot of the LFE. If you auto overheat during this part quickly use an EMP or two if you have to. If you do use up both EMP’s and you have a chance to pick up the others do so.

Once the Spheres are dealt with you want to focus all your attacks on the RED Bogey. Many people think taking out the BLUE one first is the best way to go as he drops another Rocket Launcher but having beaten this twice now I advise the RED should drop first as he is by far the most dangerous of the two. He has the sniper shot, the two drones that overheat your suit and the giant laser attack. Once he’s toast you will have a far easier time dealing with the BLUE solo than the RED solo trust me!

Use the Rocket Launcher and the upgrade to land as many hits as you can and when your ammo is up I advise using the Lock on Laser. It doesn’t do that much damage but you’re guaranteed to land hits and you don’t use up much of your AR meter. There’s also two Lock on Lasers on the map so ammo won’t be a problem to finish off at least the RED Bogey. Again, if you get overheated and you have EMP’s use them quickly and escape behind cover.

Once the RED Bogey is down you won’t have too much trouble with BLUE, I took him out totally with the HMG but be careful and don’t get complacent. With a bit of luck and persistence you’ll get your trophy.

CLOSING NOTES:

After much practice you’ll realise the only really difficult part to this challenge is beating the two Bogeys at the end, and for this reason I highly advise you to practice fighting them at the end of the single player Campaign on Hard difficulty. It only takes a minute to load up the final checkpoint and get to the boss area, but it’s worth investing a few hours here.  You need to feel calm and confident when you reach wave 5, not anxious and full of adrenaline. Practicing here for a few hours will help you to stay calm in what’s an insanely frenetic and difficult final wave.

Try doing a few Survival runs against them without actually attacking them. Just watch how they move, how they attack, get used to timing your rolls from the Sniper Shot and Giant Homing Laser. See how they act with regards to the distance between you and them. Their attack patterns change a great deal depending on your distance from them. Time yourself and see how long you can last before they kill you. Try lasting 3 minutes, then 5, then 10. You’ll be amazed how much more confident you feel once you can anticipate their moves and know how to respond to them without even thinking. It becomes automatic after a while. The problem with challenge 6 is you get so little time to actually practice the final wave, so this is the best thing you can do!

When you’re comfortable with their moves and you’ve learnt how to stay alive for long periods of time it’s time to start attacking back. I always find it best to attack when they prepare to attack. Trying to shoot them as they fly around is difficult as they move fast and you can waste a lot of your AR meter and ammo. So get used to boost-rolling when they fly around and shoot when they stop still to attack - Move when they move, attack when they attack. It’s a simple pattern to follow and it can really help simplify things in your head. By attacking this way you’re much more likely to land a lot of hits and you can even stop them from attacking all together. It’s also the perfect time to use the Rocket Launcher as they often dodge the rockets when airborne and flying around. I practised for an hour and it made the world of difference. I felt 10 times calmer and much more confident with their move set and how to react to each attack. Imagine what 2-3 hours of practicing could do! I beat the challenge on my 3rd try after practicing this way.

BOGEYS ATTACK PATTERNS:

·         Always dodge backwards and away from the drones that overheat your suit ahead of trying to shoot them. Shooting them wastes your AR meter. If you’re attacking how I advise above, you can actually hit the RED Bogey while he’s still and about to launch the drones, stopping them altogether and dealing additional damage to the Bogey in the process.

·         The multi-laser attack is easy enough to dodge by simply boost rolling left, right, left, right until the lasers stop. This is a BLUE Bogey attack only.

·         For the sniper shot that the RED Bogey fires you need to listen out for a high pitched sound, and once you’re familiar with that sound you’ll know exactly when to roll to the side to dodge it. Get used to the timing and you’ll be dodging them without any problems.

·         For the giant homing laser you need to time your roll just at the right moment as it locks on to you and follows your movement. Roll too early and it’ll catch you as you end your roll. Try to wait till just before impact before rolling to the side.

·         The BLUE Bogey’s Cluster Bombs are easy to dodge. Just Boost Roll out of there.

·         Both Bogeys have Melee attacks, again Boost Roll backwards and away from them.

Edited by EternalWarriorVI
  • Like 4

BOGEYS ATTACK PATTERNS:

·         Always dodge backwards and away from the drones that overheat your suit ahead of trying to shoot them. Shooting them wastes your AR meter. If you’re attacking how I advise above, you can actually hit the RED Bogey while he’s still and about to launch the drones, stopping them altogether and dealing additional damage to the Bogey in the process.

·         The multi-laser attack is easy enough to dodge by simply boost rolling left, right, left, right until the lasers stop. This is a BLUE Bogey attack only.

·         For the sniper shot that the RED Bogey fires you need to listen out for a high pitched sound, and once you’re familiar with that sound you’ll know exactly when to roll to the side to dodge it. Get used to the timing and you’ll be dodging them without any problems.

·         For the giant homing laser you need to time your roll just at the right moment as it locks on to you and follows your movement. Roll too early and it’ll catch you as you end your roll. Try to wait till just before impact before rolling to the side.

·         The BLUE Bogey’s Cluster Bombs are easy to dodge. Just Boost Roll out of there.

·         Both Bogeys have Melee attacks, again Boost Roll backwards and away from them.

After you kill one bogey, the other one can use all the attacks and the red bogey used that laser barrage even when the blue bogey was still alive.

After you kill one bogey, the other one can use all the attacks and the red bogey used that laser barrage even when the blue bogey was still alive.

Interesting, the Blue Bogey always stuck to his same moves after the Red went down against me. I beat them both ways around and found the Blue was much easier to tackle solo than the Red.

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I did it, i fucking did it!!!!! My hands are shaking!!! For anyone who read my comment i fully recomment you use the lock on laser, this is the efficent weapon for the buggyes. I read a lot of time "use the lock on laser" "the lock on laser is the best", but i always say "nah, that weapon is bullshit, the Heavy Machine Gun and shotgun are life" but when i see me fail for 100th time i said, "ok lets use the lock on laser for once" and then BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!, platinum baby!!!!!!!!!!!! So, use that weapon (there are 2) as fast as you can (with the upgrade) and in less than 1:30 minutes you will kill the first one (the red one is better) and in other 2 minutes with the help of the HMG (when Lock on laser was empty) i finally kick the ass of that blue trash. The other rounds are easy is play them enough time...

And as i've always said "If i can, ANYONE can" cuz i really (really really really really really really) sucks in shouters (fps and tps). Don´t give up, it took me 4 days...

Congrats! Reminiscence of the good old times haha.
Took me a week to clear all the 6 challenges.I remember challenge 4 and 6 were the hardest

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have my own strategy that differs quite a bit on the final round.

Round 1: 12 regular red gorgies (the normal foot soldier bots with grenades and a machine gun) and a crystal viper
Round 2: 10 helicopter bots, 2 yellow gorgies (fires a stronger laser than the red gorgies), a few red gorgies, and one red Bogey (a very fast, flying bot with lots of super moves)
Round 3: 1 flamethrower Romanov, 2 drill Romanovs, 1 missile Romanov, one laser Romanov, and 5 red gorgies
Round 4: 2 scorpions, 2 flying turret gunners, 3 ball droids, and 6 Blue Ninja gorgies (they can boost to move fast, jump, hover, and are armed with shotguns)
Round 5: 2 Bogeys and 9 ball droids

Challenge 6 is only unlocked after completing the other 5 challenges. Most of the other 5 challenges are pretty straightforward and can be completed by following available videos. Due to the amount and variety of enemies thrown at you in challenge 6 following a video doesn't always work as many enemies (such as the scorpions and particularly the Bogeys) will act VERY unpredictably. My guide (with the possible exception of round 4) is about minimizing risk whenever possible.

Most videos and guides recommend continuously boost dodging during wave 5 to stay ahead of the fire from the two bogeys. I find this method brings luck a bit too much into the equation so I am going to advocate using cover in the form of a large, rectangular, unbreakable stairway railing (most of the rest of the cover in the arena is destructible) to the right of the spawn point as much as possible during wave 5.

If you already have your methods to get to wave 5 reliably you can skip to Round 5. Just know that it calls for killing the crystal viper right next to the railing in Round 1 so it will drop the upgrade cube near the cover and starting the wave with a full laser cannon, life gun, and shotgun. If you are stuck on another wave, I also listed my method for completing the other 4 rounds.

---

First things first, go into options and either mute the music and or set it on something low like 1 or 2. Listening for audio cues are very important in wave 1, 2, and 5.

Directions:
North - You spawn facing a large vertical column with a statue on top. That direction is North.
South - The spawn point is flat up against a wall that has a rack with 3 weapons on it. That direction is South.

ROUND 1
Dispose of all the foot soldiers. I did it by using head shots with the assault rifle starting at the south-west corner, move north along the west side while facing east. Strafe into the circle of cover around the Northern column and face due east you will notice a bubble spawn straight ahead. Dodge around until the two enemies spawn and immediately cap them in the head before they move, one will drop the life gun. At this point the crystal viper will be about ready to charge so do the QTE. Keep circling around peppering the swarm of gorgies with assault rifle until all that is left is the viper.

Now go to the NE portion of the map, grab the assault rifle to refill your ammo. Walk back to the spawn, swap your assault rifle for the life gun, swap your full HW gun for the sniper rifle. Walk over to the far East (near the demolished car) and swap the sniper rifle for the laser cannon. Take the laser cannon back to the spawn and swap your laser cannon back for your original HW gun. So the rack near the spawn should have from left to right: disc launcher, assault rifle, and laser cannon. NE from the the rack is a rectangular stair railing that cannot be destroyed. Kill the viper as close to the east side of that railing as possible.

The crystal viper can turn invisible, but while invisible you can still hear it's footsteps, Listen for the footsteps to gauge how close it is to you when invisible. It can only attack while visible, but it can decloak just before a slash so keep dodge rolling until it shows itself. If you hear rapid footsteps or see it running at you with its blade sticking out to the side, that means it is charging with a super slash, If it hits you it will kill you if you are already damage from gunfire or immediately put you into forced slow and overheat. When the rapid footsteps get close begin mashing square over and over, when it gets in range it will activate a QTE which stuns it and knocks it to the ground. Fire 2-3 point blank blasts with the shotgun while it is stunned. If you miss the QTE or get put into forced slow with one of his other slashes. Go in and hit him with a boost kick (boost with L2 and while still boosting press circle to kick) before you go into overheat. This will piss him off and he will stand in place and fire weak balls of energy in all directions. This will give you plenty of time to dodge away and get out of overheat before he catches up with you.

You should have a full HW gun, a full life gun, and a partially depleted shotgun at the end of the round.

ROUND 2
Boost over to the north side of the column and stand back about 4 feet from it. Target the top of the 3rd palm tree from the left on the east side, when the bubble spawns below count 2.5 seconds and then chuck an explosive grenade. Swing your aim to the right and look for a long white horizontal line on a building in the distance on the west side, Aim just to the right of that and then chuck another explosive grenade. This will kill most of the foot soldiers. Position yourself so that the column is between you and the bogey as the helicopters begin to spawn on the east side. When the helicopters start shooting you start dodging north and south over and over. As soon as all the helicopters spawn on the west side, dodge north, enter bullet time, aim your crosshair 2/3rds of the way up the column, and chuck an EMP. This should kill every helicopter except maybe one. If the remainder are in helicopter mode, the HW gun will do lots of damage and kill it quickly. If it has changed to bot mode, use shotgun to kill it quickly.

Now keep the column between you and the bogey and keep your eye for it to raise up into the sky. As soon as it does, dodge out and enter slow as it is about ready to do a super attack. Pepper it with the HW gun until about half to 2/3rd of the boost gauge is depleted. If he chucks out 2 EMPs dodge back and enter slow and shoot them with the HW gun. If he is preparing to file multi-laser barrage get out from behind the column and hold X and L2 to boost dodge back and forth perpendicular to the laser fire. If you use the column as cover the laser barrage will destroy it. If it comes in close use the shotgun, if it is under 1/2 HP and is close, do a boost kick to kill it.

Just before a super the bogey will hover in place and then taunt so the wind-up time for a super is the ideal time to pepper him with slowmo HW Gun fire. Which taunt the Bogey uses will telegraph what move it is about to do:

"Let's Go" - means it is going to boost in close for a 3 hit melee combo. Dodge roll to avoid and go slow and hit him with a shotgun blast when you can.
"How's this?" means it is about to throw a a grenade which will separate into a cluster of explosive grenades. If you can, go slow and shoot it before it splits, otherwise get away from where they fall.
"Take your best shot" means he is going to charge up and fire a strong continuous laser beam which is very hard to dodge. There will be a glow on its chest and a high pitch whine for a few seconds and then it will fire. If you can get behind the column (it doesn't damage it) do so or if not get into cover.
"Aim carefully" means it has tossed 2, pink, floating EMP grenades which will overheat your suit. Go slow once they appear and shoot them down.
Sometimes the Bogey will follow an "aim carefully" with a rapid barrage of 30-40 laser shots. If it is hovering with wings fully extended and they are glowing pink all over he is about to fire the barrage. This barrage DOES damage cover so get out from behind the column and boost dodge side to side to avoid most of the lasers.

Kill all but one soldier. Walk back to the rack at the spawn. Swap your shotgun for the disc launcher, and swap your HW gun for the assault rifle in the middle. Head to the SE portion of the map and look for the wreckage of a car on the stairs.

You should have a full assault rifle, a full life gun, and a full disc launcher at the end of the round.

ROUND 3
Start the round off life gunning the the flame romunav into the group of the other 2 romunavs like in this video, don't bother throwing the explosive grenade. Dodge out and enter slow and shoot the gas tank until it explodes. Then dodge back behind the car and switch to the disc launcher. To the north is a drill romunav, enter slow, aim for the head and fire to decapitate it, then dodge back behind the car. Dodge back out enter slow and either kill the other weakened drill romunav with an assault rifle head shot or fire another disc to decapitate. If the missile romunav is still alive, dodge back out, enter slow and decapitate it too with the disc launcher. Finally dodge out, slow, decapitate the laser romunav to the Southwest, then go back behind the car and wait for a bit. 1 minute after being decapitated a romunav will self destruct. If you miss the decapitation shot and one of the drill romunovs tries to overrun your position knock it back with a life gun shot and give it another try with the disc launcher.

Shoot the remaining foot soldier gorgies with assault rifle until one is left. Locate the rocket launcher which was dropped by one of the drill romunav and swap your disc launcher for it. Swap your assault rifle for a fresh HW gun either across from the rack by the spawn, on the south side of the column or the north side of the column. Position yourself near the spawn and kill the last foot soldier.

You should have a full HW gun, a life gun with 7-9 rounds (make sure to reload before the next round) and a full rocket launcher at the end of the round.

ROUND 4.
Mostly follow this round 4 video. Life gun the ball droids, boost to the Northeast, go slow and shoot the turret driver. Dodge to the left and get behind the cover, Go slow and try to line up a shot to hit as many ninja droids as possible with the life gun. Once they are weakened switch to HW gun and go for head shots in slow. If a scorpion is about to overrun your position, reload your HW gun and begin dodging Southeast looking for the other flying turret. As soon as you are in range, your clip is full, and your boost meter is full, so slow and shoot the turret with the HW gun, trying to hit the drivers legs, do not stop until either the driver explodes, the turret explodes, or you are about to overheat. At this point the second scorpion is probably catching up to you. Dodge roll in a circle around the arena alternating slow and HW gun fire until all the ninjas are dead. If the scorpions release pink laser drones, go slow and shoot them with your HW gun.

Either try to life gun one scorpion into the other, or if they are both in quad leg mode you can dodge between them and eventually they will be in close proximity to each other. Switch to rocket launcher, aim at the ground between them and fire off all 3 rockets to weaken both of them. Once you are out of rockets dodge away. They will dash and lunge at you to attack with their claws. Alternate between dodge rolling to get distance and slow to pepper the weakest scorpion with HW gun fire. Once one is dead, or they both enter bipedal mode, dodge away and get behind cover and pepper the weakest one until it is dead. In bipedal mode it will stand tall like a humanoid bot and their tails will become machine guns and they will slowly march toward your cover position, firing the gun in bursts. If they are about to overrun your cover position in bipedal mode they will stop shooting and swing the gun back like a staff. The horizontal slash will pass through the cover and put you into overheat if it hits you so dodge away before they slash.

During the fight you will probably run out of HW gun before the second one is dead, so pop up to one of the other 2 remaining locations with a full HW gun (2 near the collumn and one by the spawn) and top off the HW gun. Also while there is one scorpion remaining top off the life gun ammo with the one that was dropped in round 1. Move toward the west side and swap your empty rocket launcher for the a full shotgun. Then move toward the spawn and swap your nearly full HW gun for the laser cannon on that rack. Lure the weakened scorpion toward the spawn and boost kick to finish it off.

You should have a full laser cannon, a full life gun, and a full shotgun at the end of the round.

ROUND 5
Start the round off like in this video. Alternate dodge and slow and life gun shots until all or nearly all off the ball droids are dead. Now, remember that rectangular staircase Northeast of the spawn on the stairs where you killed the viper? Head there and get into cover on the east side. Take pot shots with the homing laser cannon from behind cover as long as you can on one of the bogeys, I picked the red one since it has the charged sniper shot. If the bogeys are on the same side, keep circling the railing to keep them on the other side. This unbreakable stair railing will prevent you from getting hit by any super except the Emp grenades as long as you are in cover. If he tosses emp grenades hold X + L2 and boost dodge to get out of the emp's range. Boost dodge back to cover. When you run out of laser cannon, use the upgrade cube right next to the railing to refill ammo.

If one overruns your position while firing lasers, dodge roll away to pull them away, then dodge roll back to the railing, If they overrun your position with melee, punish them by going into slow and nailing them with the shotgun a couple of times. This may be enough damage to cause them to collapse to the ground, giving you more free shotgun shots. If you get knocked into overheat toss an Emp or jump behind cover and toss a cigarette with L2. Keep plinking away against the same bogey with the laser cannon using the railing as cover whenever prudent until 1 bogey dies.

Once one bogey is dead (you can do this earlier in the fight but it is safer to wait until one is dead) go from the railing to the rack at the spawn and swap your life gun for what should be the nearly full HW gun on the rightmost slot on the rack. Continue to use the railing as a central base to chip away at the 2nd bogey with your remaining laser cannon shots. He will be going crazy now so you will probably have to continuously circle the railing and going into and out of cover mode to prevent him from getting a machine gun shot on you. Whenever he stops to do a super shot, go into slow and hit him with the HW gun, and then duck back into cover before he fires. Shoot down the Emps with the HW gun. If you run low on HW gun ammo, there should be another partially used HW gun on the rack. If he stops at the top of the steps right next to the railing to fire a super, boost dodge away until the super is done, then circle back around to the railing.

Good Luck.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 3

The challenge is ridiculous been trying for days now. Keep getting cheaply killed by an odd bullet. Has anyone found a more sure fire way to do this or a way to save state? Would help if i didnt jave tk play for 20min for a chance to face the bogeys each time 

4 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

The challenge is ridiculous been trying for days now. Keep getting cheaply killed by an odd bullet. Has anyone found a more sure fire way to do this or a way to save state? Would help if i didnt jave tk play for 20min for a chance to face the bogeys each time 

No way to cheese it man. Have to do it all in one go unless you want to pause and take a few minutes to relax. 

I kept track for the whole game and I spent almost as much time in challenge 6 than the entire game + 1-5 together. I did take more attempts at challenge 6 than I had deaths in the entire game and other challenges put together. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:14 PM, Araujolc said:

I just got this painful platinum, challenge 6 can be considered a separate game.

Painful, but worth it.  ?

By God's grace, I finally conquered it Saturday night after so many failed attempts...

My hardest platinum ever and my hardest gaming feat ever as a lifelong gamer. 

On 5/4/2017 at 5:07 PM, Guardian_owl said:

I have my own strategy that differs quite a bit on the final round.

Round 1: 12 regular red gorgies (the normal foot soldier bots with grenades and a machine gun) and a crystal viper
Round 2: 10 helicopter bots, 2 yellow gorgies (fires a stronger laser than the red gorgies), a few red gorgies, and one red Bogey (a very fast, flying bot with lots of super moves)
Round 3: 1 flamethrower Romanov, 2 drill Romanovs, 1 missile Romanov, one laser Romanov, and 5 red gorgies
Round 4: 2 scorpions, 2 flying turret gunners, 3 ball droids, and 6 Blue Ninja gorgies (they can boost to move fast, jump, hover, and are armed with shotguns)
Round 5: 2 Bogeys and 9 ball droids

Challenge 6 is only unlocked after completing the other 5 challenges. Most of the other 5 challenges are pretty straightforward and can be completed by following available videos. Due to the amount and variety of enemies thrown at you in challenge 6 following a video doesn't always work as many enemies (such as the scorpions and particularly the Bogeys) will act VERY unpredictably. My guide (with the possible exception of round 4) is about minimizing risk whenever possible.

Most videos and guides recommend continuously boost dodging during wave 5 to stay ahead of the fire from the two bogeys. I find this method brings luck a bit too much into the equation so I am going to advocate using cover in the form of a large, rectangular, unbreakable stairway railing (most of the rest of the cover in the arena is destructible) to the right of the spawn point as much as possible during wave 5.

If you already have your methods to get to wave 5 reliably you can skip to Round 5. Just know that it calls for killing the crystal viper right next to the railing in Round 1 so it will drop the upgrade cube near the cover and starting the wave with a full laser cannon, life gun, and shotgun. If you are stuck on another wave, I also listed my method for completing the other 4 rounds.

---

First things first, go into options and either mute the music and or set it on something low like 1 or 2. Listening for audio cues are very important in wave 1, 2, and 5.

Directions:
North - You spawn facing a large vertical column with a statue on top. That direction is North.
South - The spawn point is flat up against a wall that has a rack with 3 weapons on it. That direction is South.

ROUND 1
Dispose of all the foot soldiers. I did it by using head shots with the assault rifle starting at the south-west corner, move north along the west side while facing east. Strafe into the circle of cover around the Northern column and face due east you will notice a bubble spawn straight ahead. Dodge around until the two enemies spawn and immediately cap them in the head before they move, one will drop the life gun. At this point the crystal viper will be about ready to charge so do the QTE. Keep circling around peppering the swarm of gorgies with assault rifle until all that is left is the viper.

Now go to the NE portion of the map, grab the assault rifle to refill your ammo. Walk back to the spawn, swap your assault rifle for the life gun, swap your full HW gun for the sniper rifle. Walk over to the far East (near the demolished car) and swap the sniper rifle for the laser cannon. Take the laser cannon back to the spawn and swap your laser cannon back for your original HW gun. So the rack near the spawn should have from left to right: disc launcher, assault rifle, and laser cannon. NE from the the rack is a rectangular stair railing that cannot be destroyed. Kill the viper as close to the east side of that railing as possible.

The crystal viper can turn invisible, but while invisible you can still hear it's footsteps, Listen for the footsteps to gauge how close it is to you when invisible. It can only attack while visible, but it can decloak just before a slash so keep dodge rolling until it shows itself. If you hear rapid footsteps or see it running at you with its blade sticking out to the side, that means it is charging with a super slash, If it hits you it will kill you if you are already damage from gunfire or immediately put you into forced slow and overheat. When the rapid footsteps get close begin mashing square over and over, when it gets in range it will activate a QTE which stuns it and knocks it to the ground. Fire 2-3 point blank blasts with the shotgun while it is stunned. If you miss the QTE or get put into forced slow with one of his other slashes. Go in and hit him with a boost kick (boost with L2 and while still boosting press circle to kick) before you go into overheat. This will piss him off and he will stand in place and fire weak balls of energy in all directions. This will give you plenty of time to dodge away and get out of overheat before he catches up with you.

You should have a full HW gun, a full life gun, and a partially depleted shotgun at the end of the round.

ROUND 2
Boost over to the north side of the column and stand back about 4 feet from it. Target the top of the 3rd palm tree from the left on the east side, when the bubble spawns below count 2.5 seconds and then chuck an explosive grenade. Swing your aim to the right and look for a long white horizontal line on a building in the distance on the west side, Aim just to the right of that and then chuck another explosive grenade. This will kill most of the foot soldiers. Position yourself so that the column is between you and the bogey as the helicopters begin to spawn on the east side. When the helicopters start shooting you start dodging north and south over and over. As soon as all the helicopters spawn on the west side, dodge north, enter bullet time, aim your crosshair 2/3rds of the way up the column, and chuck an EMP. This should kill every helicopter except maybe one. If the remainder are in helicopter mode, the HW gun will do lots of damage and kill it quickly. If it has changed to bot mode, use shotgun to kill it quickly.

Now keep the column between you and the bogey and keep your eye for it to raise up into the sky. As soon as it does, dodge out and enter slow as it is about ready to do a super attack. Pepper it with the HW gun until about half to 2/3rd of the boost gauge is depleted. If he chucks out 2 EMPs dodge back and enter slow and shoot them with the HW gun. If he is preparing to file multi-laser barrage get out from behind the column and hold X and L2 to boost dodge back and forth perpendicular to the laser fire. If you use the column as cover the laser barrage will destroy it. If it comes in close use the shotgun, if it is under 1/2 HP and is close, do a boost kick to kill it.

Just before a super the bogey will hover in place and then taunt so the wind-up time for a super is the ideal time to pepper him with slowmo HW Gun fire. Which taunt the Bogey uses will telegraph what move it is about to do:

"Let's Go" - means it is going to boost in close for a 3 hit melee combo. Dodge roll to avoid and go slow and hit him with a shotgun blast when you can.
"How's this?" means it is about to throw a a grenade which will separate into a cluster of explosive grenades. If you can, go slow and shoot it before it splits, otherwise get away from where they fall.
"Take your best shot" means he is going to charge up and fire a strong continuous laser beam which is very hard to dodge. There will be a glow on its chest and a high pitch whine for a few seconds and then it will fire. If you can get behind the column (it doesn't damage it) do so or if not get into cover.
"Aim carefully" means it has tossed 2, pink, floating EMP grenades which will overheat your suit. Go slow once they appear and shoot them down.
Sometimes the Bogey will follow an "aim carefully" with a rapid barrage of 30-40 laser shots. If it is hovering with wings fully extended and they are glowing pink all over he is about to fire the barrage. This barrage DOES damage cover so get out from behind the column and boost dodge side to side to avoid most of the lasers.

Kill all but one soldier. Walk back to the rack at the spawn. Swap your shotgun for the disc launcher, and swap your HW gun for the assault rifle in the middle. Head to the SE portion of the map and look for the wreckage of a car on the stairs.

You should have a full assault rifle, a full life gun, and a full disc launcher at the end of the round.

ROUND 3
Start the round off life gunning the the flame romunav into the group of the other 2 romunavs like in this video, don't bother throwing the explosive grenade. Dodge out and enter slow and shoot the gas tank until it explodes. Then dodge back behind the car and switch to the disc launcher. To the north is a drill romunav, enter slow, aim for the head and fire to decapitate it, then dodge back behind the car. Dodge back out enter slow and either kill the other weakened drill romunav with an assault rifle head shot or fire another disc to decapitate. If the missile romunav is still alive, dodge back out, enter slow and decapitate it too with the disc launcher. Finally dodge out, slow, decapitate the laser romunav to the Southwest, then go back behind the car and wait for a bit. 1 minute after being decapitated a romunav will self destruct. If you miss the decapitation shot and one of the drill romunovs tries to overrun your position knock it back with a life gun shot and give it another try with the disc launcher.

Shoot the remaining foot soldier gorgies with assault rifle until one is left. Locate the rocket launcher which was dropped by one of the drill romunav and swap your disc launcher for it. Swap your assault rifle for a fresh HW gun either across from the rack by the spawn, on the south side of the column or the north side of the column. Position yourself near the spawn and kill the last foot soldier.

You should have a full HW gun, a life gun with 7-9 rounds (make sure to reload before the next round) and a full rocket launcher at the end of the round.

ROUND 4.
Mostly follow this round 4 video. Life gun the ball droids, boost to the Northeast, go slow and shoot the turret driver. Dodge to the left and get behind the cover, Go slow and try to line up a shot to hit as many ninja droids as possible with the life gun. Once they are weakened switch to HW gun and go for head shots in slow. If a scorpion is about to overrun your position, reload your HW gun and begin dodging Southeast looking for the other flying turret. As soon as you are in range, your clip is full, and your boost meter is full, so slow and shoot the turret with the HW gun, trying to hit the drivers legs, do not stop until either the driver explodes, the turret explodes, or you are about to overheat. At this point the second scorpion is probably catching up to you. Dodge roll in a circle around the arena alternating slow and HW gun fire until all the ninjas are dead. If the scorpions release pink laser drones, go slow and shoot them with your HW gun.

Either try to life gun one scorpion into the other, or if they are both in quad leg mode you can dodge between them and eventually they will be in close proximity to each other. Switch to rocket launcher, aim at the ground between them and fire off all 3 rockets to weaken both of them. Once you are out of rockets dodge away. They will dash and lunge at you to attack with their claws. Alternate between dodge rolling to get distance and slow to pepper the weakest scorpion with HW gun fire. Once one is dead, or they both enter bipedal mode, dodge away and get behind cover and pepper the weakest one until it is dead. In bipedal mode it will stand tall like a humanoid bot and their tails will become machine guns and they will slowly march toward your cover position, firing the gun in bursts. If they are about to overrun your cover position in bipedal mode they will stop shooting and swing the gun back like a staff. The horizontal slash will pass through the cover and put you into overheat if it hits you so dodge away before they slash.

During the fight you will probably run out of HW gun before the second one is dead, so pop up to one of the other 2 remaining locations with a full HW gun (2 near the collumn and one by the spawn) and top off the HW gun. Also while there is one scorpion remaining top off the life gun ammo with the one that was dropped in round 1. Move toward the west side and swap your empty rocket launcher for the a full shotgun. Then move toward the spawn and swap your nearly full HW gun for the laser cannon on that rack. Lure the weakened scorpion toward the spawn and boost kick to finish it off.

You should have a full laser cannon, a full life gun, and a full shotgun at the end of the round.

ROUND 5
Start the round off like in this video. Alternate dodge and slow and life gun shots until all or nearly all off the ball droids are dead. Now, remember that rectangular staircase Northeast of the spawn on the stairs where you killed the viper? Head there and get into cover on the east side. Take pot shots with the homing laser cannon from behind cover as long as you can on one of the bogeys, I picked the red one since it has the charged sniper shot. If the bogeys are on the same side, keep circling the railing to keep them on the other side. This unbreakable stair railing will prevent you from getting hit by any super except the Emp grenades as long as you are in cover. If he tosses emp grenades hold X + L2 and boost dodge to get out of the emp's range. Boost dodge back to cover. When you run out of laser cannon, use the upgrade cube right next to the railing to refill ammo.

If one overruns your position while firing lasers, dodge roll away to pull them away, then dodge roll back to the railing, If they overrun your position with melee, punish them by going into slow and nailing them with the shotgun a couple of times. This may be enough damage to cause them to collapse to the ground, giving you more free shotgun shots. If you get knocked into overheat toss an Emp or jump behind cover and toss a cigarette with L2. Keep plinking away against the same bogey with the laser cannon using the railing as cover whenever prudent until 1 bogey dies.

Once one bogey is dead (you can do this earlier in the fight but it is safer to wait until one is dead) go from the railing to the rack at the spawn and swap your life gun for what should be the nearly full HW gun on the rightmost slot on the rack. Continue to use the railing as a central base to chip away at the 2nd bogey with your remaining laser cannon shots. He will be going crazy now so you will probably have to continuously circle the railing and going into and out of cover mode to prevent him from getting a machine gun shot on you. Whenever he stops to do a super shot, go into slow and hit him with the HW gun, and then duck back into cover before he fires. Shoot down the Emps with the HW gun. If you run low on HW gun ammo, there should be another partially used HW gun on the rack. If he stops at the top of the steps right next to the railing to fire a super, boost dodge away until the super is done, then circle back around to the railing.

Good Luck.

I read this here and on other sites....very detailed and very helpful guide in my quest to finally conquer this challenge.

And that quest ended triumphantly this past Saturday night, so many thanks to you and all the video posters who provided tips and tricks to help me finally beat it!

• Like 1