Transformers: Devastation got delisted on December 21st

imh007

https://www.destructoid.com/the-transformers-games-were-delisted-on-steam-478942.phtml

Transformers: War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, Rise of the Dark Spark, and Devastation are no longer available for purchase on Steam, and that also goes for their DLC packs. These games have also vanished from PlayStation Network but, at the time of writing, are still available for purchase on Xbox Live. That said, it's surely only a matter of time if this is a licensing issue.

Might not be live in every region, so check your stores (german store has some titles available but I guess they won't survive the day..+ there's currently no discount either..)

Edited by imh007

I think these were all on sale the last week in NA week 1 sale. Most of them were 10$ or less for the "Gold Edition" I guess it was the final push for sale before it just died.

Just now, PliskinCobra said:

Can I still download the game after it gets delisted? I plan to play Transformer Devastation at some point

yes they can still be downloaded but not purchased digitally.

not sure how to get the DLC though for the 5 games for ps3.

Edited by kingdrake2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 6:55 AM, kidson2004 said:

Damn, what the heck is up with all these delistings? Crazy! Even The Amazing Spider-Man was delisted. Something's going on with Activision, and its not looking good. 

Activision Blizzard's publishing licence with Hasbro expired. All the other Transformers franchise games (e.g. the movie tie ins) have gone too. 

In Spider-Man's case, it was, of course, their deal with Marvel that expired. 

Activision used to do a shit-tonne of licenced games, so we'll probably see a lot more of their back-catalogue disappearing over time where they don't own the franchise. 

Welcome to the digital future everybody. 

• Like 2

This delisting crap is getting old.

Transformers: Devastation isn't even that old of a game and it's already been delisted?

Almost as bad as those online games that have their servers shutdown within a year.

Good thing I have a retail library of games.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just a quick question.  Did the PS+ Devastation offering include the DLC skins and weapons?  I'm about to buy a disc copy of the game, and obviously won't be able to download these items, but in the unlikely event that they were included with the PS+ game, then I'll just stick with that instead.

If not, then it's not a big deal really.  They're just cosmetic changes to characters and weapons anyway, as opposed to actual new characters.

• 4 years later...

Gonna necro this old thread to say that I found this game is still digitally available… but with a big catch.

it’s on the China mainland psn store

https://store.playstation.com/zh-hans-cn/product/HP0002-CUSA03950_00-TRANSFORMERS2015

it’s 249 yuan which if you used OBT game (likely the only way you would have a china mainland account anyway) it would be about $55 USD . The DLC (no trophies attached to it) is also on there for 33 yuan. 

I check that store every so often but doubtful it will ever go on sale since literally everywhere else it’s delisted.