500+ games discounted in PlayStation Store’s massive January Sale 2018 (EU)

Mori

I just realised after looking through the sales page that i didn't see Danganronpa on Vita but it shows 50% discount and the same date of offer expires in my wishlist... all offers seem to be PS4 only just what is cross-buy with PS3 and/or PSV is shown too but there is at least 1 Vita only title on discount so i assume there are more...

Didn't bought anything besides Duke Nukem PS4 yet but i saw Minecraft Season Mode 1 and 2 (13 episodes) for 15€ what a great deal... too bad i have Season 1 already :( ... and Season 2 isn't on discount on its own...

• Like 1

There are a few games I want to get but it comes down to the same question. Do I buy them now and hope they aren’t cheaper in the future before I have a chance to play them or do I wait till my backlogs a bit smaller and get them on sale for less than they cost now. The only real advantage to getting them now is I can play them whenever I want. Guess I’ll wait till the sale is on the PS Store on PS4 and have another look then.

5 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Aaaand almost nothing for the last genners. 

...I'm not sure how to feel about that. Nothing off the wishlist got discounted. Here's to hoping the store is just taking its time to sort things out.

It's kind of an inevitability that this will happen gradually though right? Considering they aren't making PS3 units anymore and are putting the majority of their resources into pushing PS4 and all it's related games & tech. The percentage of last genners has decreased exponentially over the past 2 years while PS4 ownership has increased to over 70 million worldwide (almost as much as the PS3 sold in it's entire lifecycle).

Not wanting to sound terrible here, but might be worth considering jumping on the PS4 bandwagon when you can, it's a lovely console and an admirable selection of games for it too. Additionally as Playstation Now starts to up the ante you'll end up being able to play all the PS3 titles you've had to leave behind in the transfer too.

• Like 3

I get so into these sales, but when I think about it, I still have games purchased in the end of year sales gathering dust in my backlog from 2 years ago.

I see a game that's a bargain and i'm like 'wow that's a great deal, i'll get that even though i'm not gonna play it now, i'll play it later, at least i'll get it cheap', but then it sits in my backlog and I look at it from time to time and say 'I must play this soon'. And then as each sale and year passes my 'I must play this soon' pile gets bigger and bigger. I might have an unexpected opportunity to dip into the backlog, but it grows, like this big hungering but awesome monster in the background.

You ever do that thing with Netflix where you sit down to watch something and browse through the titles for a bit to find something, then you find that you've been browsing for an hour and you need to go to bed? I kinda feel like gaming is starting to get the same way, especially when I want to decide on something to play.

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Not wanting to sound terrible here, but might be worth considering jumping on the PS4 bandwagon when you can, it's a lovely console and an admirable selection of games for it too. Additionally as Playstation Now starts to up the ante you'll end up being able to play all the PS3 titles you've had to leave behind in the transfer too.

Don't have spare money to upgrade. Else I would have moved long ago. 

26 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I get so into these sales, but when I think about it, I still have games purchased in the end of year sales gathering dust in my backlog from 2 years ago.

I see a game that's a bargain and i'm like 'wow that's a great deal, i'll get that even though i'm not gonna play it now, i'll play it later, at least i'll get it cheap', but then it sits in my backlog and I look at it from time to time and say 'I must play this soon'. And then as each sale and year passes my 'I must play this soon' pile gets bigger and bigger. I might have an unexpected opportunity to dip into the backlog, but it grows, like this big hungering but awesome monster in the background.

You ever do that thing with Netflix where you sit down to watch something and browse through the titles for a bit to find something, then you find that you've been browsing for an hour and you need to go to bed? I kinda feel like gaming is starting to get the same way, especially when I want to decide on something to play.

Try to Focus on games you are really interested in, and stop purchasing games, which look fun and could be ok but probably will end in your backlog. Inform yourself about the games you are going to buy and try to find out, if they really suit your interests. Or before you buy a game, think about if you would like to start the game right away. If not, simply dont buy it. Sales will come again, and mostly they become better over time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The Sales page increased they added the PSV and PS3 games now there are over 1000 items visible...

6 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

There's a nice selection of Vita games now, RIP my wallet :spank:

oh well, guess I'll be spending money after all ?

I would buy Life is Strange Before the Storm, but i dont wanna repeat my experience with the previous game. I bought it from the PS store thinking it is a digital only game and a while after they released a physical version...

Anybody know if LiS Before the Storm will get a physical version later?

Took them long enough to put up the actual Christmas deals. Still a good portion of the deals offered had a bigger discount during previous sales.

A lot of games I want, but due to my self-imposed rule of not buying digital games that cost over 9€ (I make exception for season passes, as I rarely buy those anyway), I settled for these:

• Full Throttle Remastered
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
  • Kona
  • Demetrios

Probably still going to get the Mafia 3 season pass as well though.

A lot of things are interesting in this sale but the games I wanted the most to see on sales are not in this one :( 

I would love a final huge sale for PS3 games so I can buy everything I want. I guess I should have bought Catherine and the Ninja Gaiden while they were on sale ...

The PS4 sale is the only one that isn't really good imo (except for VR games), I wanted to buy Tales Of Berseria and Blue Reflection but I'll wait, they are still too expensive.