Why are some of my sites in russian?

Hvalpen

Hey guys, during the late summer period i worked in Moscow for six weeks. After i got home i experience that some sites sometimes randomly are in russians, some of them i have no option to change into english. My google chrome browser and my google profile are all set to english language.....whats up with the russian? and how do i change it?

My own computer was never in Russia, so i assume its something to do with my google profile...but i have everything set to english

Clear cookies.

edit: oh your computer here in US never been in Russia, hmm. Probably not cookies then.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

11 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Hey guys, during the late summer period i worked in Moscow for six weeks. After i got home i experience that some sites sometimes randomly are in russians, some of them i have no option to change into english. My google chrome browser and my google profile are all set to english language.....whats up with the russian? and how do i change it?

My own computer was never in Russia, so i assume its something to do with my google profile...but i have everything set to english

Clear Cookies, Clear Cache. Your computer might not of stepped foot in Russia but your chrome profile might of. 

Maybe you're accidentally going to Russian Sites. (Just a joke)

7 minutes ago, Artful said:

Clear Cookies, Clear Cache. Your computer might not of stepped foot in Russia but your chrome profile might of. 

Maybe you're accidentally going to Russian Sites. (Just a joke)

But it also happens when im not logged in to any google profile....its very weird. Its kinda like the site thinks my IP is located in Russia or something

Just now, Hvalpen said:

But it also happens when im not logged in to any google profile....its very weird. Its kinda like the site thinks my IP is located in Russia or something

Maybe you have a VPN running in the background that's connected to a Russian IP. Just listing things off. 

I remember seeing something about this in Stack Overflow's Super User just a few days ago.  You might have gotten your default language settings set to Russian in Chrome:

https://superuser.com/questions/363408/how-do-i-change-my-chrome-language-back-to-english

Edited by Froopy